5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?

I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database
(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03.

As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if
this is 'correct' behaviour?

Many thanks in advance
--
MAX HUGEN
Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd

>I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database
>(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03.

>As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if
>this is 'correct' behaviour?

Where are you viewing the properties?

Using explorer, look at the properties of dbeng50.exe (or dbsrv50.exe).  What does the version
property say?

What version appears in the engine window when the engine is started?

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
7/6/1998 11:23:57 AM
Thanks Leo,

On the engine window itself it is in fact correct (5504). If you check
out database properties thru SQL Central, it still shows as 5503!

Leo Tohill wrote:

> >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database
> >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03.
>
> >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if
> >this is 'correct' behaviour?
>
> Where are you viewing the properties?
>
> Using explorer, look at the properties of dbeng50.exe (or dbsrv50.exe).  What does the version
> property say?
>
> What version appears in the engine window when the engine is started?
>
> Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
> -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <

--
MAX HUGEN
Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd
Email:	maxhugen@ozemail.com.au
Tel:	+612 9560 3061
Fax:	+612 9564 5073
0
Max
7/7/1998 6:25:49 AM
>On the engine window itself it is in fact correct (5504). If you check
>out database properties thru SQL Central, it still shows as 5503!

I think that that value indicates the version used to initialize the database.

Create a new db using 5504 and see what db properties come up for it.

Reagards,

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
7/7/1998 12:15:00 PM
Oddly, a new db still shows ver 5503. Personally, I'd say that the
Sybase programmers forgot to upgrade the version variable between
release 3 and 4 of 5.5. Not to worry, have to remember to look in the db
engine window, thats all. Thanx.

Leo Tohill wrote:

> >On the engine window itself it is in fact correct (5504). If you check
> >out database properties thru SQL Central, it still shows as 5503!
>
> I think that that value indicates the version used to initialize the database.
>
> Create a new db using 5504 and see what db properties come up for it.
>
> Reagards,
>
> Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
> -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <

--
MAX HUGEN
Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd
Email:	maxhugen@ozemail.com.au
Tel:	+612 9560 3061
Fax:	+612 9564 5073
0
Max
7/7/1998 11:11:06 PM
>Sybase programmers forgot to upgrade the version variable between
>release 3 and 4 of 5.5. Not to worry, have to remember to look in the db

Not exactly true.
The version number reported in the database is the database format version.
Since this report 5.5.03 this means the internal database format has not
changed since then.

Prior to 5.5.03, I believe it said 5.0.03 since that was the last format
change.

The version number is used internally and is only updated when the software
requires it, not for each release.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

Max Hugen wrote in message <35A2AB0A.1119@ozemail.com.au>...
>Oddly, a new db still shows ver 5503. Personally, I'd say that the
>Sybase programmers forgot to upgrade the version variable between
>release 3 and 4 of 5.5. Not to worry, have to remember to look in the db
>engine window, thats all. Thanx.
>
>Leo Tohill wrote:
>>
>> >On the engine window itself it is in fact correct (5504). If you check
>> >out database properties thru SQL Central, it still shows as 5503!
>>
>> I think that that value indicates the version used to initialize the
database.

>> Create a new db using 5504 and see what db properties come up for it.
>>
>> Reagards,
>>
>> Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
>> -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
>
>--
>MAX HUGEN
>Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd
>Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au
>Tel: +612 9560 3061
>Fax: +612 9564 5073

0
David

5.5.03 or 5.5.04??
I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there anything in 03 that is not included in 04? Second, are there any known problems with 04? I'll listen to facts, rumors, opinions, etc. TIA Shannon 5.5.04 seems pretty stable. -- Terry Black HCIA, Inc. e-mail:tblac@hcia.com Shannon Griffith wrote in message ... >I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test >system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there >a...

5.5.04 Creates 5.5.03 databases
Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and Sybase Central. Jack T. >Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same >date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and >Sybase Central. I suppose you are looking at the version information from sql central. This shows the version of the db file format. The file format does not change with every release, and in fact did not change with the 5.5.04 release. Regards, ...

5.5.03->5.5.04 upgrade
I'm running 5.5.03. Can you download the latest updates from FTP and upgrade 5.5.03 to the latest 5.5.04, or does the .03-.04 upgrade have to be purchased somewhere first? George Hale SSC Group, Inc. Kerrville, TX Overlooking the Guadalupe You can download the upgrade for free from support.sybase.com. You'll have to register yourself to get a login ID, but that's free too. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 George Hale <sschale@ktc.co...

5.5.04 replication 4-5 times slower than 5.5.02????
In an effort to fix the bouncing delete issue, we moved from 5.5.02 to 5.5.04. Since that time, DBRemote requires about 20 hours to process 200-300 MB of messages. Prior to the move, it would complete execution in 5-6 hours. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Tom Jenkins ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Moving from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
All, We are making the move from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04 build # 1888 (A little late but making it none the less). We have been running 5.5.00 from inception and have been plagued by the missing primary key row problem as well as some passthrough problems. We have made some PASSTHROUGH changes to the current publications. To be safe, I am planning on removing all pubs and subscribers at each of the consolidated sights and redoing same after upgrading to 1888. Is there anything special I should do with respect to the consolidated database (Upgrade utility, etc) to ensure I get the best possi...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

Apply SQLAny Runtime 5.5.04 patch to 5.5.03
How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB "Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a different directory than my full version. TIA Greg Pauba >How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB >"Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where >it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a >different directory than my full version. ...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

Upgrade database (5.5.01
If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The only inconsistances I've seen have been related to the OpenServer Gateway, which seems to need a 5.5.03 physical store to work. Any one else had problems? Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services pjwarner wrote: > > If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we...

Dbremote 5.5.0 and 5.5.03 Crash.
Have a problem with dbremote crashing. I have 4 remote sites. At one of the remotes site and the consolidated site, dbremote crashes (GPF or something) after it prints Processing Active Transaction Log and before it prints anything else. This has had some unfortunate side effects. It appears that data was getting to the consolidated site, but not back out. Except for the one remote site. Any ideas? Wayne@aprompt.com Wayne, I have not had GPF problems but did have trouble similar to yours where stuff was coming in okay from the remotes but not replicating out correctly....

Web resources about - 5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ? - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Chicago calm a day after release of video of police shooting teenager
Reuters Chicago calm a day after release of video of police shooting teenager Reuters CHICAGO Chicago was calm on Wednesday, a day after the ...

No Thanksgiving parade for the Estefans _ they're too busy
NEW YORK (AP) — Songs from the new musical celebrating the lives of Gloria and Emilio Estefan will have the honor of kicking off the Macy's Thanksgiving ...

F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes on Training Mission; Pilot Safe
F-16 fighter jet from Arizona base crashes on New Mexico training mission; pilot safely ejects

"At First, I Thought It Was the PA Cracking Up." Eagles of Death Metal Talk to Vice about Bataclan Terrorist ...
The band's account is harrowing but necessary. This is some heavy material , but you should really take 26 minutes and watch it. The way the ...

Facts? Donald Trump Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Facts
In an exchange with Bill O’Reilly Monday night, Donald Trump summed up so much of his Presidential campaign in one short statement: File this ...

ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12
CNN ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12 CNN The aftermath of a bus explosion that left several people dead ...

A Stunning Series of Screw-Ups Led to October's US Strike on an Afghan Hospital
The Pentagon has completed its investigation of the US attack on a hospital in Afghanistan operated by Doctors Without Borders, and it paints ...

Review: Ryan Coogler's 'Creed' is Early Contender for Best of the Year
Ryan Coogler's Creed is the best film of the year. That may come as a shock for some of you especially if you're among those old enough to remember ...

CFB Playoff Blind Poll Results: from Alabama to Iowa
Yesterday, we ran a blind CFB playoff poll of the potential resumes for teams that ultimately can finish with one loss. Now, right now, Clemson ...

Andreco paints climate change mural ahead of COP21 in Paris
To welcome the upcoming Paris’ COP21 Climate Meeting, Italian artist Andreco is launching CLIMATE 01, an international art project comprising ...