Windows CE: Ping Mobilink Server (iAnywhere 10.0.1)

Dear all,

is there a way to ping a MobiLink server via a .NET
application using iAnywhere 10.0.1 CE?

Running dbmlsync with parameter -pi doesn't seem to do the
trick as I don't seem to be able to receive an exit code
back from dbmlsync?

I also tried to use the old DbmlsyncCOM.Dbmlsync ActiveX but
it doesn't seem to work on Windows Mobile 6.5. anymore.

Does anybody have an idea how to ping the ML server (at this
stage I cannot upgrade to iAnywhere 11 / 12 and use the new
API)?

Thank you very much in advance & with best regards,

Bjoern
0
Bjoern
12/22/2010 5:17:29 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Bjoern,

On 22/12/2010 12:17 PM, Bjoern Wesolowski wrote:
> Running dbmlsync with parameter -pi doesn't seem to do the
> trick as I don't seem to be able to receive an exit code
> back from dbmlsync?

This is a fixed bug:
http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=571233

This was fixed in all versions of dbmlsync above 10.0.1.3893:
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0

Cheers,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Jeff
12/22/2010 6:55:39 PM
Hello Jeff,

thanks for the info!

Unfortunately I still cannot get it to work :( The process
always returns no exit code. Do you have any proven sample
how to ping the ML connection on a CE device?

Thank you very much in advance & with best regards,

Bjoern

> Hi Bjoern,
>
> On 22/12/2010 12:17 PM, Bjoern Wesolowski wrote:
> > Running dbmlsync with parameter -pi doesn't seem to do
> > the trick as I don't seem to be able to receive an exit
> > code back from dbmlsync?
>
> This is a fixed bug:
> http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=571233
>
> This was fixed in all versions of dbmlsync above
> 10.0.1.3893:

http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community :

http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> iAnywhere Documentation :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals SQL
> Anywhere Patches and EBFs :

http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
> Report a Bug/Open a Case :
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Bjoern
12/23/2010 12:43:50 PM
Hi Bjoern,

On 23/12/2010 7:43 AM, Bjoern Wesolowski wrote:
> Unfortunately I still cannot get it to work :( The process
> always returns no exit code. Do you have any proven sample
> how to ping the ML connection on a CE device?

Have you confirmed that you are now running a version 0f 10.0.1.3893 or
higher on the Windows CE device for dbmlsync?

Another customer has asked a similar question previously and they were
successful with this approach after applying the aforementioned (Windows
CE) EBF.

They too were also not using the API or the ActiveX component, and had
instead created a wrapper around 'CreateProcess'  (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa908775.aspx ) for the Compact
Framework to marshall the program execution and process the return code.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Jeff
12/23/2010 8:26:02 PM
Hello Jeff,

thanks for the hint.

It got it working half with your suggestion to use
CeCreateProcess.

The only remaining problem is that the MobiLink client
window pops up to front in case of an error (e.g. no
connection to the MobiLink server) although I use arguments
-q -qc.

Of course I can kill the process but it looks quite annoying
to the user to see the client window pop up for 1-2 seconds
and to have this window closed suddenly.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the client window from
appearing?

With best regards,

Bjoern

> Hi Bjoern,
>
> On 23/12/2010 7:43 AM, Bjoern Wesolowski wrote:
> > Unfortunately I still cannot get it to work :( The
> > process always returns no exit code. Do you have any
> > proven sample how to ping the ML connection on a CE
> device?
>
> Have you confirmed that you are now running a version 0f
> 10.0.1.3893 or  higher on the Windows CE device for
> dbmlsync?
>
> Another customer has asked a similar question previously
> and they were  successful with this approach after
> applying the aforementioned (Windows  CE) EBF.
>
> They too were also not using the API or the ActiveX
> component, and had  instead created a wrapper around
> 'CreateProcess'  (
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa908775.aspx )
> for the Compact  Framework to marshall the program
> execution and process the return code.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community :

http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> iAnywhere Documentation :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals SQL
> Anywhere Patches and EBFs :

http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
> Report a Bug/Open a Case :
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Bjoern
12/27/2010 2:54:12 PM
Hi Bjoern,

Are you using an output log with dbmlsync? (-o or -ot)? Have you
implemented dbmlsync error handling hooks for communication errors? (
http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#html/dbmnen10/mn-sp-hook-allerr-ml-ref.html
)?

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Jeff

Invalid MobiLink username or password.(oracle 10.1.0.2.0 and mobilink 10.0)
Hi guy : I follow the sqlanywhere 10.0 tutorial example , but the synchronization fail. I don't know why ? my database version is .(oracle 10.1.0.2.0 ) . The message log is as following: I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. SQL Anywhere MobiLink Client Version 10.0.0.2465 I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. Copyright c 2002-2006, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Portions copyright c 1988-2006, Sybase, Inc. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. I. 2006-11-23 15:52:58. This software c...

Trigger problem on upload_insert (Mobilink 10.0.1.3680 on Windows 2003)
We have the following setup in production working just fine: Remote dbs: SQL Anywhere 8.0.2.4308 Consolidated db: SQL 2000 Mobilink server: SQL Anywhere 8.0.2.4308 on Windows 2003 We currently have a "for insert" trigger on one of the tables which is working just fine whenever a remote database uploads a new record. We are planning on upgrading the remote databases as well as the mobilink server to SQL Anywhere version 10.0.1.3680. Testing is taking place but now there is a problem with that table. If a new record is added on the remote db, we get a primary key violati...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 2. After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it? To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the original 9.0.0 Mobili...

Advice
Now that ZCM 10.1 has been released, we'd like to move our production environment ZCM 10.0.3 server running under Linux to a different server running ZCM 10.1 under Windows (for now, we're running the zone on a single server.....) Any advice as to how to do this most efficiently? Can we simply install 10.1 to the Windows server using the same zone identification, backup the embedded Sybase SQL Anywhere database, restore it to the new Windows server, change the IP address of the Windows server to the one used by the old Linux server and call it a day (I expect it's not t...

MobiLink 10 crash on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 server
Consolidated: Oracle 10.2.0.3 MobiLink: mlsrv10 build 3619 Detached: ASA 8.0.2 The MobiLink service will crash when we process a bit of a stress test. Our service is built as follows: -cm 1536M -cn 21 -cr 5 -ct 120 -e "<Drive & Path>\MobiLinkRemotes.log" -f -fr -v -o "<Drive & Path>\MobiLink.log" -os 4000000 -q -sm 15 -w 10 -xo tcpip{port=<port#1>;backlog=5;liveness_timeout=120} -x tcpip{port=<port#2>} -s 10 -zp Our test is to process 6 initial synchronizations simultaneoulsy. Each sync will download between 1 and 1.5 GB of...

Using Mobilink Server/Client 7.0.1(with Schduler Support) on Database 7.0.0(no Schduler support)?
I have a Problem that i can not upgrade my Database (7.0.0) to 7.0.1 becase it works with a Application that works only with the 7.0.0 Version can i use the Mobilink Syncr. Server and Client 7.0.1 with a Database Version 7.0.0 i need this because i need to use the Schduler for my Clients! i would like to know if this Possibe or not Thank you for Supporting Matani "Matani" <saleh@matani.net> wrote in news:O7$GB47SDHA.346@forums-2-dub: > I have a Problem that i can not upgrade my Database (7.0.0) to 7.0.1 > becase it works with a Application tha...

ZCM 10.1.0 to 10.1.1 not working on primary server
Hi, Our primary server is not udating correctly from ZCM 10.1.0 to 10.1.1. OS is SLES 10 SP1. It sits there at status "Pending" and says it will install when the server is refreshed. When the server is refreshed it immediately changes to "Failed" due to error. Clicking on "Error" says to look at the system-update.log. I looked in /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/system-update and there is a directory for that patch guid but it is empty. Any ideas? same here on win2k3 sp2. fails due to unknown error and system-update logs do not exist. -- :co...

Mobilink Upgrade 9.0.0 to 10.0.0
I'm Using: ASA 9.0.0.1402 and Mobilink 9.0.0.1402 Upgrading to 10.0.0.2465 There is a very confusing read me in this folder: \Sql Anywhere 10\Mobilink\Upgrade\9.0.0\readme.txt Do I apply this file (upgrade_asa.sql) before or after I unload and reload or not at all? Can anyone help? Mike You should follow the suggestions from the documentation section SQL Anywhere� 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading MobiLink Upgrading your consolidated database . . . To upgrade a cons...

Servers: 10.0.0 to 10.1.2?
On my latest server I created for field deployment I noticed that the 10.1.1 update installed but apparently failed to install 10.1.2. Maybe it attempted to install 10.1.2 before 10.1.1 was installed? I'm sorry, I cleared the error before I decided to post, but it was something about meeting requirements. I have told it retry and clear errors. Is this something we need to look out for? Will it automatically try to re-install later? Or will I have to tell it to retry for each server? -- jcsmith1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Mobilink 8.0.2 4411 and 10.0.1.3716 on same consolidated datebase?
Hi, At this moment we are running mobilinkserver 8.0.2.4411 and are about to upgrade to 10.0.1.3716. Is it possible to run those two servers in parallel on the same consolidated datebase which is a adaptive server enterprise 15.0.2.14783, until we have managed to upgrade all our remote clients to synchronize through the new server? thanks Steve Steve, You should not have to run both MobiLink servers. IF you just run the version 10.0.1 MobiLink server you can use the -xo option to allow version 8 and 9 clients to sync. You would then also need the normal -x option...

UltraliteJ and mobilink 10.0.1
Can UltraliteJ clients sync to mobilink 10.0.1.x servers? I am getting a protocol version mismatch currently when i try but i remember the very first tutorial i had for UltraliteJ said this could be done. I believe in the UltraLiteJ Beta you could since SQL Anywhere 11 was not yet released, however now that UltraLiteJ is a version 11 client you can't sync to an older server. In general the MobiLink server should always be newer than the clients but can support some older clients. PGP wrote: > Can UltraliteJ clients sync to mobilink 10.0.1.x servers? I am getting a ...

Making Mobilink client 9 talk to Mobilink server 10
Just an FYI for any Pocket builder 2.0.4 developers that need to talk to a Mobilink 10 server. Since support for SQL Anywhere 10 is not due out til PocketBuilder 2.0.5, I have make due with SQL Anywhere 9/Mobilink Client 9 running on the PDA talking to Mobilink Server 10. With a little outside tech help and reading the documentation, I figured that you add the following option to you ML Server 10, so it expects ML Client 9 data streams. -xo tcpip(port=2439) -x tcpip(port=2440) (thanks Reg and Sybase) The -xo set the 2439 port(default) to expect ML Client 9, the -x sets p...

Linux ZCM shows version 10.0.1-1 but System Updates insists 10.0.1 must be applied before 10.0.2 automatically applied
I have a Linux ZCM 10 server which I believe was installed from the 10.0.1 DVD. If I determine the version by using: rpm -q novell-zenworks-core server the result shows 10.0.1-1 However, if I go to System Updates and look at Status Details, I get the message: Update for ZCM (10.0.2) - REQUIRES 10.0.1 update to be applied first. See TID 3407754 at www.novell.com/support. How do I move to 10.0.2 on my ZCM server without screwing things up? With the automated update "in progress", do I dare try to do the manual update for 10.0.1 to 10.0.2 (just released)? Am I rea...

Mobilink 11.0.1 Server to 9.0.2 Client crashes on ascii nulls in CHAR columns
We are working on moving our installed user base from 9.0.2 to 11.0.1 because 9.0.2 is out of support. We are starting the process by upgrading our Mobilink servers and using the +XO switch for backward compatibility. One of our 9.0.2 applications can synchronize through the 11.0.1 +XO switch without a hitch, but the other app has one table that causes the 9.0.2 Mobilink client and our app to crash (leaving the 9.0.2 remote db server running) when a problem row is encountered while loading downloaded rows into the remote table. We use a DB2 consolidated database, but I have succe...

Web resources about - Windows CE: Ping Mobilink Server (iAnywhere 10.0.1) - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink