SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver

Help!

If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to
Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would
appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps
involved in implementing replication.  I may be contacted directly at (206)
933-4956.

Martin Douglas
Senior Data Architect
e-Commerce Group
Food Services of America

0
Martin
9/5/2000 9:17:51 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of
ASA you are using with each post.

If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers
have had success trying a combination of the following switches added to the
MobiLink command line.

These are hidden undocumented switches:
-hwr+   and -hwl+

Try with one switch, then try with the other one, then try with both.  It
would be worth while to post some of the output of the ML log here.  I am
ASSUMING you are using ASA 7.0.1.918.  If not, you should upgrade to it.

We are currently working on upgrading/installing a new 8.1.5 Oracle server
in house to test with.  We currently support the 8.0.x release.

The above switches may help, but I don't know what you are currently running
into.

Please note, these are WORKAROUNDS until we can test with 8.1.x or Oracle.
If this is a failing in MobiLink we will address it quickly and I will post
to this newsgroup when the support is added (most likely in an EBF).

--
David Fishburn
Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions

EBFs and Whitepapers
http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/

"Martin Douglas" <martin_douglas@fsafood.com> wrote in message
> Help!
>
> If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to
> Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would
> appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps
> involved in implementing replication.  I may be contacted directly at
(206)
> 933-4956.
>
> Martin Douglas
> Senior Data Architect
> e-Commerce Group
> Food Services of America

0
David
9/7/2000 11:26:42 AM
Yes, we are running build 918...

I. 09/01 15:13:13. Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine Version
7.0.1.918

The new switches make no difference in the behavior of the server.  All logs
and command-line batch files have been sent to Chris Gruber at Sybase.  He
has confirmed it being a bug of some sort inside dbmlsrv7 under our
configuration.  The ODBC trace file sheds some light onto the issue. We are
awaiting an EBF.  Presently an 8.1.6.1.0  Oracle configuration is being put
together for testing by Chris' group.  It is not in our interest to
downgrade our production system to using 8.0.5 drivers with an 8i database.

Best regards,

Martin Douglas

"David Fishburn" <fishburn@spam_off_sybase.com> wrote in message
> Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of
> ASA you are using with each post.
>
> If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers
> have had success trying a combination of the following switches added to
the
> MobiLink command line.
>
> These are hidden undocumented switches:
> -hwr+   and -hwl+
>
> Try with one switch, then try with the other one, then try with both.  It
> would be worth while to post some of the output of the ML log here.  I am
> ASSUMING you are using ASA 7.0.1.918.  If not, you should upgrade to it.
>
> We are currently working on upgrading/installing a new 8.1.5 Oracle server
> in house to test with.  We currently support the 8.0.x release.
>
> The above switches may help, but I don't know what you are currently
running
> into.
>
> Please note, these are WORKAROUNDS until we can test with 8.1.x or Oracle.
> If this is a failing in MobiLink we will address it quickly and I will
post
> to this newsgroup when the support is added (most likely in an EBF).
>

> --
> David Fishburn
> Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
> Professional Services
> Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> EBFs and Whitepapers
> http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/
>
> "Martin Douglas" <martin_douglas@fsafood.com> wrote in message
> > Help!
> >
> > If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7
> > Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would
> > appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps
> > involved in implementing replication.  I may be contacted directly at
> (206)
> > 933-4956.
> >
> > Martin Douglas
> > Senior Data Architect
> > e-Commerce Group
> > Food Services of America

0
Martin
9/7/2000 4:28:14 PM
So how did it go with the rest of the message?

--

> [...]
> > If this is a failing in MobiLink we will address it quickly and I will
> post
> > to this newsgroup when the support is added (most likely in an EBF).
> >

> > --
> > David Fishburn
> > Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
> > Professional Services
> > Please only post to the newsgroup
> >
> > EBFs and Whitepapers
> > http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/
> >
> > "Martin Douglas" <martin_douglas@fsafood.com> wrote in message
> > > Help!
> > >
> > > If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7
> > > Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would
> > > appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of
steps
> > > involved in implementing replication.  I may be contacted directly at

0
David
9/12/2000 9:58:35 PM
Finally, sweet success... all is well :)

It all came down to characterset incompatibilities.  All of the following
are functioning correctly:

o Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.1.918
o Oracle Database Server 8.1.6.1.1
o Oracle ODBC Driver 8.1.6.1.0

Here are the details:

The following are the NLS_% parameter settings for the Oracle database
server:
o NLS_LANGUAGE = AMERICAN
o NLS_TERRITORY = AMERICA
o NLS_CHARSET = US7ASCII

This yields AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII as the overall NLS_LANG parameter.

The client that is running dbmlsrv7.exe is a Windows  2000 SP1 host with the
following critical registry key:
o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0\NLS_LANG =
AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

This mismatch is the sole cause of the problems experienced.

Change this key to the following to get correct execution:
o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0\NLS_LANG =
AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII

The inherent problem is troublesome because each Oracle home, HOME0 for
example, that is created on the client host by either Oracle's Net8
Assistant or Oracle's Net8 Configuration Assistant does not prompt the user
for an NLS_LANG parameter.  Instead, it grabs one from somewhere -- possibly
from the host OS environment.  This means that the procedure of creating an
Oracle home must be expanded to hacking the registry.  I am not sure if
there are alternate means of setting the NLS_LANG on the client host.  If
anyone has more detailed knowledge, please do share.

Thanks for all of the hard work at Sybase on this issue.  The time spent and
the timeliness of the response is highly appreciated.

> [...]
> It
> > > would be worth while to post some of the output of the ML log here.  I
> am
> > > ASSUMING you are using ASA 7.0.1.918.  If not, you should upgrade to
it.

> > > We are currently working on upgrading/installing a new 8.1.5 Oracle
> server
> > > in house to test with.  We currently support the 8.0.x release.
> > >
> > > The above switches may help, but I don't know what you are currently
> > running
> > > into.
> > >
> > > Please note, these are WORKAROUNDS until we can test with 8.1.x or
> Oracle.
> > > If this is a failing in MobiLink we will address it quickly and I will
> > post
> > > to this newsgroup when the support is added (most likely in an EBF).

0
Martin
9/13/2000 5:36:25 PM
That is great it is working.

I am unclear on what the actual problem was.
Can you post it so I can get our records/documentation updated.

--

> [...]
> > >
> > > I. 09/01 15:13:13. Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine
> Version
> > > 7.0.1.918
> > >
> > > The new switches make no difference in the behavior of the server.
All
> > logs
> > > and command-line batch files have been sent to Chris Gruber at Sybase.
> He
> > > has confirmed it being a bug of some sort inside dbmlsrv7 under our
> > > configuration.  The ODBC trace file sheds some light onto the issue.
We
> > are
> > > awaiting an EBF.  Presently an 8.1.6.1.0  Oracle configuration is
being
> > put
> > > together for testing by Chris' group.  It is not in our interest to
> > > downgrade our production system to using 8.0.5 drivers with an 8i

0
David
9/14/2000 7:47:49 PM
Here is a brief explanation:

The consolidated database (Oracle in this case) had valid scripts in the
ml_script table.  However, dbmlsync was receiving only the first character
of the scripts due to truncation caused by the characterset incompatibility.
Thus replication would fail.

> [...]
> user
> > for an NLS_LANG parameter.  Instead, it grabs one from somewhere --
> possibly
> > from the host OS environment.  This means that the procedure of creating
> an
> > Oracle home must be expanded to hacking the registry.  I am not sure if
> > there are alternate means of setting the NLS_LANG on the client host.
If
> > anyone has more detailed knowledge, please do share.
> >
> > Thanks for all of the hard work at Sybase on this issue.  The time spent
> and
> > the timeliness of the response is highly appreciated.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Martin Douglas
> >
> > "David Fishburn" <fishburn@spam_off_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > > So how did it go with the rest of the message?

0
Martin

superreview granted: [Bug 362139] bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch : [Attachment 246921] 1.8.0 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.0.7
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> has granted Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at>'s request for superreview: Bug 362139: bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362139 Attachment 246921: 1.8.0 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.0.7 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246921&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 362139] bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch : [Attachment 246921] 1.8.0 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.0.7
Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 362139: bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362139 Attachment 246921: 1.8.0 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.0.7 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246921&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at> This is the 1.8.0 branch patch for bumping SeaMonkey version to 1.0.7 ...

superreview granted: [Bug 362139] bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch : [Attachment 246922] 1.8 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.1, localeVers
neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> has granted Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at>'s request for superreview: Bug 362139: bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362139 Attachment 246922: 1.8 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.1, localeVersion -> 1.8.1 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246922&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 362139] bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch : [Attachment 246922] 1.8 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.1, localeVe
Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 362139: bump SeaMonkey versions to 1.0.7/1.1 on 1.8.0/1.8 branches, localeVersion to 1.8.1 on 1.8 branch https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362139 Attachment 246922: 1.8 patch: SeaMonkey version -> 1.1, localeVersion -> 1.8.1 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=246922&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Robert Kaiser <kairo@kairo.at> ...and here's the 1.8 branch patch, setting SeaMonkey version to 1.1 for final, and locale...

Failed DBD Oracle 1.16 make on Perl 5.8.6, DBI 1.48, Oracle 9.2.0.6, Solaris 8.
Hi all, Just following instructions in the DBD::Oracle README file by posting-up a log of the failed make that I experienced. I note that the README suggested that I try "perl Makefilepl.PL -nob" which has allowed the make to complete successfully. Solaris 8 Generic_117350-13 on Sun Fire V240 Oracle 9.2.0.6 server (inc. client libraries) Perl 5.8.6 DBI 1.48 DBD::Oracle 1.16 Have a great day, David Bartlett. --- Here's the script output of the original (failed) make as requested in the README: # perl Makefile.PL -v Using DBI 1.48 (for perl 5.008006 on sun...

FW: Failed DBD Oracle 1.16 make on Perl 5.8.6, DBI 1.48, Oracle 9.2.0.6, Solaris 8.
> See below link, many people in many companies complained they have = problem > to install DBD. I am surprised no one provided answer. > http://www.cpanforum.com/threads/698 >=20 Have they installed the Oracle's ProC product? Did they post to the dbi-users list? On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 15:01 -0400, Chiang, William T wrote: > > > > See below link, many people in many companies complained they have problem > > to install DBD. I am surprised no one provided answer. > > http://www.cpanforum.com/threads/698 > > > -- Scott...

RE: FW: Failed DBD Oracle 1.16 make on Perl 5.8.6, DBI 1.48,Oracle 9.2.0.6, Solaris 8.
Do we need to install Oracle ProC first before we install = DBD-Oracle-1.16? I am not sure they post to the dbi-users. ________________________________ From: Scott T. Hildreth [mailto:shildret@scotth.emsphone.com] Sent: Fri 8/19/2005 4:11 PM To: Chiang, William T Cc: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: Re: FW: Failed DBD Oracle 1.16 make on Perl 5.8.6, DBI = 1.48,Oracle 9.2.0.6, Solaris 8. Have they installed the Oracle's ProC product? Did they post to the dbi-users list? On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 15:01 -0400, Chiang, William T wrote: > > > > See below link, many...

Problems with DBD-Oracle 1.07 and Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 under Windows2000
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C10878.32D67DE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hallo there, I've identified a problem with the DBD-Oracle 1.07 (the same problem occurs with DBD-Oracle 1.06) and the Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 client libraries connected to a 8.1.7.0.0 database. Under Windows 2000, the process crashes with a general exception error (0xC0000005, access violation) while processing the prepare method of a instantiated dbi object, when the processed statement contains a field in the select list like: $stmt = " ...

Errors using hotmail after latest major update: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8
Name: William Green Email: wjgreen_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Errors using hotmail after latest major update: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8 Comments: After I installed the latest update and rebooted, every time I go to open an email in hotmail.com (this does NOT occur in other email sites I use), I get the following three Alert messages that I have to click through to get to my email: [object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLBodyElement]] [object XPCNativeWrapper [object HTMLScriptElement]] TypeError: d...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

SeaMonkey 1.0.8 and 1.1.1
Hi localizers, Sorry for not informing you earlier on, but first we had to do a few respins and then I was too busy with the FOSDEM conference... Anyways, we're about to release the newest SeaMonkey security and stability update releases right now, with the version numbers 1.0.8 and 1.1.1 Due to our L10n freezes, both work with the language packs from earlier versions (1.0 or 1.1), but if you want binary builds up on FTP, you need to regenerate them for those versions. Both are already up in their respective release directories: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozill...

superreview granted: [Bug 300819] Bump Firefox version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 : [Attachment 189342] Bump Fx version to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10
Brian Ryner <bryner@brianryner.com> has granted Chase Phillips <chase@mozilla.org>'s request for superreview: Bug 300819: Bump Firefox version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300819 Attachment 189342: Bump Fx version to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=189342&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 300819] Bump Firefox version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 : [Attachment 189342] Bump Fx version to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10
Chase Phillips <chase@mozilla.org> has asked David Baron <dbaron@mozillafoundation.org> for superreview: Bug 300819: Bump Firefox version on aviary1.0.1 branch to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300819 Attachment 189342: Bump Fx version to 1.0.6, GRE to 1.7.10 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=189342&action=edit ...

Jaguar 3.6 and Oracle 8.1.6/Oracle 8.1.7
We are developing a Web Application using EAServer 3.6. Our development platform is Jaguar 3.6 (Build 36017) (Sun-Solaris 7). We have deployed PB Components. Our Database Server is Oracle 8.1.5 on Sun-Solaris. Our Oracle client is 8.1.5 on Sun-Solaris. We use OCI8 Connection cache from Jaguar to connect to Oracle 8.1.5. This environment is working fine. Our Web Application is going to be in Production very soon. In order to install the Oracle Database Server in the Production machine, We approached Oracle for Licensing. They are advising us to install Oracle 8.1.6 or Oracle 8.1.7 in...

Web resources about - SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

With AddThis Buy, Oracle Gets Pipeline to Continually Updated Audience Data
Tech giant Oracle on Tuesday said it had struck a deal to acquire AddThis, a maker of tools to easily let consumers share web pages on social ...

Android N switches to OpenJDK, Google tells Oracle it is protected by the GPL
The Oracle v. Google legal battle over the use of Java in Android keeps on going, but this week Google made a change to Android that it hopes ...

Google says ta-ta to Oracle's Java APIs will embrace OpenJDK in future Android releases
... ideas and intellectual property stolen. Sadly nowadays, trolls have largely ruined the sanctity of the original intent. I'm not calling Oracle ...

Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Upgraded to Buy at Evercore ISI
Analysts at Evercore ISI upgrade Oracle stock to Buy on the back of attractive valuation.

Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison has sold most of his Hawaiian airline
Larry Ellison has sold a controlling interest of his Hawaiian airline t wo years after buying it, the company announced this week . Island Air ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...