Remote db schema always not matched

I'm using ML v12 and use PowerBuilder to develop
applications on both the consolidated db and remote db.  In
my sync model, I did not include the pb related tables, such
as pbcatcol, etc., which exist in both databases as I assume
these tables are related to the different apps in the
corresponding databases.

However, whenever I re-deploy the sync model becaues of db
changes, I always encounter failure in applying to the
existing remote db, error being "remote schema deos not
match", but I did not make any db changes to the remote db
schema.  Every time I deploy, I have to recreate a blank
remote db and perform download of all remote db records from
the consolidated db.

Is this schema problem related to the exclusion of the PB
tables? Otherwise, what could be the problem?
0
Alan
1/6/2011 5:56:41 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What differences does it list?

Instead of recreating the remote, why not update the remote schema in
your model? (That will also list the differences between the schema in
the model and the schema in the existing remote database.)

Cheers,

Graham

On 1/6/2011 12:56 PM, Alan Chow wrote:
> I'm using ML v12 and use PowerBuilder to develop
> applications on both the consolidated db and remote db.  In
> my sync model, I did not include the pb related tables, such
> as pbcatcol, etc., which exist in both databases as I assume
> these tables are related to the different apps in the
> corresponding databases.
>
> However, whenever I re-deploy the sync model becaues of db
> changes, I always encounter failure in applying to the
> existing remote db, error being "remote schema deos not
> match", but I did not make any db changes to the remote db
> schema.  Every time I deploy, I have to recreate a blank
> remote db and perform download of all remote db records from
> the consolidated db.
>
> Is this schema problem related to the exclusion of the PB
> tables? Otherwise, what could be the problem?

0
Graham
1/7/2011 8:47:36 PM
Thanks Graham for your response.

The remote db is just a subset of the consolidated db.  All
the tables in the remote db and each column in the tables
are sync'ed to the consolidated db except the PB system
tables. The table mapping screen shows this.

When I deploy and try to connect to an existing remote db,
it gives me that 'remote db schema is not the same as the
the model" error.  In fact the remote db was created by the
previous deployment.  So I don't understand where and how to
update the remote schema in my model, because I never change
it between deployments.

> What differences does it list?
>
> Instead of recreating the remote, why not update the
> remote schema in  your model? (That will also list the
> differences between the schema in  the model and the
> schema in the existing remote database.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham
>
> On 1/6/2011 12:56 PM, Alan Chow wrote:
> > I'm using ML v12 and use PowerBuilder to develop
> > applications on both the consolidated db and remote db.
> > In my sync model, I did not include the pb related
> > tables, such as pbcatcol, etc., which exist in both
> > databases as I assume these tables are related to the
> > different apps in the corresponding databases.
> >
> > However, whenever I re-deploy the sync model becaues of
> > db changes, I always encounter failure in applying to
> > the existing remote db, error being "remote schema deos
> > not match", but I did not make any db changes to the
> > remote db schema.  Every time I deploy, I have to
> > recreate a blank remote db and perform download of all
> > remote db records from the consolidated db.
> >
> > Is this schema problem related to the exclusion of the
> > PB tables? Otherwise, what could be the problem?

0
Alan
1/8/2011 7:57:34 PM
See:
http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1200en/mlstart/mg-about-s-5636483.html*d5e1884

(URL should be all on one line)

Cheers,

Graham

On 1/8/2011 2:57 PM, Alan wrote:
> Thanks Graham for your response.
>
> The remote db is just a subset of the consolidated db.  All
> the tables in the remote db and each column in the tables
> are sync'ed to the consolidated db except the PB system
> tables. The table mapping screen shows this.
>
> When I deploy and try to connect to an existing remote db,
> it gives me that 'remote db schema is not the same as the
> the model" error.  In fact the remote db was created by the
> previous deployment.  So I don't understand where and how to
> update the remote schema in my model, because I never change
> it between deployments.
>

>> What differences does it list?
>>
>> Instead of recreating the remote, why not update the
>> remote schema in  your model? (That will also list the
>> differences between the schema in  the model and the
>> schema in the existing remote database.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Graham
>>
>> On 1/6/2011 12:56 PM, Alan Chow wrote:
>>> I'm using ML v12 and use PowerBuilder to develop
>>> applications on both the consolidated db and remote db.
>>> In my sync model, I did not include the pb related
>>> tables, such as pbcatcol, etc., which exist in both
>>> databases as I assume these tables are related to the
>>> different apps in the corresponding databases.
>>>
>>> However, whenever I re-deploy the sync model becaues of
>>> db changes, I always encounter failure in applying to
>>> the existing remote db, error being "remote schema deos
>>> not match", but I did not make any db changes to the
>>> remote db schema.  Every time I deploy, I have to
>>> recreate a blank remote db and perform download of all
>>> remote db records from the consolidated db.
>>>
>>> Is this schema problem related to the exclusion of the
>>> PB tables? Otherwise, what could be the problem?

0
Graham

Use mobilink to sync remote PC DB with central DB
Hi all Tried to find some information on mobilink's capability on sync a number of remote DB with central DB. Set up: 1. Remote PC running my apps and ODBC compliant database 2. Central server running microsoft SQL 2000 Objective sync tens to hundreds of remote PC's DBs to the central sql2000 DB on a daily basis questions? 1. Can mobilink client work with any ODBC compliant database on remote PC, or it has to be sybase's DB 2. Can mobilink to be configured to auto dial up ISP on a scheduled basis and then sync with central DB through TCPIP? 3. Is the data...

SQL Server(consolidate DB) sync with Mobilink (ASA)(remote DB)
Hi ALL, I'm new in mobilink and i actually want to use mobilink to sync between the remote DB that sit on a PDA or Mobile Device(that develop using pocket builder) and Consolidate DB (SQL Server) that sit on a Server platform, is any expert can share soem experience or provide some sample application on it? I'm still firgure how the model works, please advice, Thanks in advance. Yswu wrote: > Hi ALL, > I'm new in mobilink and i actually want to use mobilink to sync > between the remote DB that sit on a PDA or Mobi...

DB-Remote Errors
Does anyone know what this error message actually means ?? Created/Extracted the Db, started the Db at the remote site and Db-Remote. Several Transactions syncronised and exchanged, I backed up the Remote database renaming the old transaction log. Stoped and restarted Db-Remote and got this message. Any Ideas Sybase SQL Anywhere Message Agent Version 5.5.00 Build #1073 Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1988, 1996. All rights reserved. Sybase is a trademark of Sybase, Inc. Processing transaction logs from directory "c:\agwcrsdb" Processing transactions f...

Mobilink always updates from remote...
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the syncronisation between my remote and consolidated databases right. The business rules of the databases is that users would add/delete/update on both the consolidated and remote databases. They are both structually the same. The idea of this is so people in the office can add data to the system and people out of the office can have the system on laptops. Then when they get back to the office they can upload/download data. I want any updates to be based on timestamps. All tables have a last_modified field. (e.g. A user updates an entry on...

Deleting remote DB rows through Mobilink..
Hello, First off, I'm using ASA 7.0.3.2046. I need to remove all the rows out of an Ultralite database table. Normally, I just use the download_delete_cursor on the synchronized table and it does it's job. However, this download_delete cursor isn't working at all: select trans_id, device_id from inventory_trans trans_id and device_id are the concatenated primary key. The Mobilink log tells me that it's downloading the rows for delete: I. 03/21 13:19:24. [peg]: Delete row: I. 03/21 13:19:24. [peg]: 4 I. 03/21 13:19:24. [peg]: 1 I. 03/21 13:19:24. [pe...

using passthrough for altering remote DB schema
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------A7E1C8B9556C8A7E3106D47F Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, For many days I search into the Sybase NG some info about passthrough, and all I found was something like "keep out", "too dangerous", "pay attention". I have found a solution to use them (update column, alter table, create procedure ....) and build a structure in order to avoid the big problem (no visibility of results). If someone wants some info about that, can contact me. Ha...

How to rebuild a consolidated DB with mobilink remote replication
I have a 11gb ASA 9.0.1.1841 consolidated db on a Win2000 Server box. I have 15 remote ASA databases replicating using Mobilink. I'm having a corrupted primary key index problem now and would like to do a database rebuild at some point but am unsure how. I know about dbunload -ar, but in the help section talking about rebuilding replicated databases, it only mentions SQLRemote and not Mobilink. Are there any papers or can someone provide the steps from rebuilding my database? Thanks Scott -- __________________________________________ SoftSystem Solutions, LLC 18 Ridge Road...

updating db with schema always adds records
Hi guys, I`m trying to find a method (in VB.NET) to update the database (MySQL) with made changes. I`ve simulated a simple example. > First, I fill a dataset with the contents of a table > Then I write the schema to an XML file > I edit the XML file using notepad > Then I read the XML in another dataset > I call the Update method of my dataAdapter This seems to work, but it always adds records, even if they already exists. I`m guessing this has something to do with the autoNumber field I have. This is the structure of the table: CREATE TABLE...

can't make remote db connection specifying UNC path to remote db in DSN
I'm using ASA v6.00.04.3594 in a Win2k environment. I cannot build a successful DSN to a sybase db on another machine on the same network unless I do it thru a mapped drive. I'm using the ODBC Configuration Utility. Here are my settings in the Database and Network tabs (other tabs are defaults and dba login is specified). Database Tab: Server Name: <remotebox> Start Line: <blank> Database Name: <db_name> Database File: <unc path & db_name.db> (e.g. \\remotebox\dir\db_name.db ) Network Tab: TCP/IP is checked and specified the following in ...

Does MobiLink always honor remote UPDATE versus INSERT?
This is probably "MobiLink 101" but I want to be 100% sure... If an existing row is updated on the remote database, does the upload_cursor script always process that as an update on the consolidated database? If a new row is inserted on the remote database, soes the upload cursor script always process that as an insert on the consolidated database? Please confirm that there are no conditions under which a remote insert is turned into a consolidated update, or vice versa. Breck bcarter@risingroad.com Palm UltraLite Enterprise Applications ----- Visit http://ww...

In MobiLink system, how to backup and recover remote asa db???
Hi, I know that remote asa log file is very important to sync data correctly. I use sql anywhere studio 8.02. So I have several problem about this: 1.Do I need build mirror log at remote asa ? 2.How to limit size of ASA log file and let Mobilink client know automatically at once? 3.if log file is lost or met disk error suddenly,I know asa db can start up normally and create a new log. But how to sync the data change which was made before the log file lost to consolidate DB? You know ,the log file recorded those data change has been lost,and mobilink client can not find it. ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 DB Remote Access Violation
When I attempt to start the DBRemote on a previously functioning server it pops up almost instantly with a Dr. Watson error: An application error has occured and an application error log is being generated. dbremote.exe Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x77f3b955 Here are the last few lines from the replication log: I. 01/24 01:05:35. Sybase SQL Remote Message Agent Version 5.5.05 Build #2509 I. 01/24 01:05:35. Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1988, 1999. I. 01/24 01:05:35. All rights reserved. Sybase is a trademark of Sybase, Inc. ...

Mobilink and ASA 9 remote DB run on black berry.
Dear All, May i know is mobilink with ASA 9 remote DB can run on black berry devices? i have tested on WM 5 and Pocket PC, but have no tested on black berry, Anyone can share the idea? Thanks "Yswu" <yswu2006@gmail.com> wrote in news:47de4013@forums-1-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: Y> May i know is mobilink with ASA 9 remote DB can run on black Y> berry Y> devices? i have tested on WM 5 and Pocket PC, but have no tested on Y> black berry, Anyone can share the idea? Thanks There is no solution for the Bl...

mobilink asa client on PPC corrupt remote db log file
Hi, I found out that the MobiLink client will corrupt the database log file if some "unpredicted" error occurs during synchronization. it said "offline transaction found at offset XXXXXXXX and bad data at offset XXXXXXXX" after the MobiLink client connected to the database. Here is the detailed configuration: Oracle 8.1.5.11 DBMS Oracle 8.0.5.10 ODBC driver Sybase SQLAnywhere 7.0.1 EBF 1143 Sybase SQLAnywhere 7.0.1 CE Windows NT4 SP5 ASA reference database collation sequence = 950twn Oracle client/server charset = ZHT16MSWIN950 PPC CE-Star 2.0 We...

Web resources about - Remote db schema always not matched - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Matched filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in the unknown signal. This is equivalent to convolving the unknown signal with a conjugated time-reversed version of the template. The matched ...

A Matched Set - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There is no denying that in the US weight control (myself included) is a lost art! In every event I go to I see more and more of us. This couple ...

Cameron Carpenter review: Bells and whistles matched by a command of the organ
It's certainly no exaggeration to call Cameron Carpenter's command of six keyboards (five for hands, one for feet) "genius". Purely in cognitive ...

Scientists use cloning to make stem cells matched to two adults
Scientists have replicated one of the most significant accomplishments in stem cell research by creating human embryos that were clones of two ...

Scientists use cloning to make stem cells matched to two adults
Scientists have replicated one of the most significant accomplishments in stem cell research by creating human embryos that were clones of two ...

Premier never matched great expectations
It didn't take long for the brick bats to start flying Barry O'Farrell's way. Within hours of his resignation, one Liberal source declared his ...

UFC greats too evenly matched
UFC greats Mark Hunt and Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva have fought each other to a draw in one of the greatest fights in the sport's history.

Climate matched Europe's ups and downs
Changing climate Ancient tree rings show links between climate change and major events in human history, like migrations, plagues and the rise ...

Skilled immigrants to be matched with vacant jobs in 2015
The federal government is looking to match skilled immigrants with unfilled jobs, in a system it has compared to "a dating site," set to launch ...

PSA: Don’t cancel your iTunes Match subscription if you deleted your matched music
Your own matched music re-downloaded from Apple Music gets DRM added Since Apple appeared to have rolled the functionality of iTunes Match into ...