Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database

Hi,

I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database. In
the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script:
update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID

@customerIS is created in the begin_download script.

I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated
database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set
status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID

@customerID is created in the begin_upload script.

I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my consolidated database or
my remote database? If the mobilink only affect the consolidate database.
How do i update my remote database?

Any help will be very appreciated

Regards,
Quang

0
quangtrung
9/17/2000 10:23:26 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MobiLink scripts affect the consolidated database.

The ONLY way ML scripts can affect the REMOTE database is during these 2
events per table:
download_delete_cursor
download_cursor

--
David Fishburn
Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions

EBFs and Whitepapers
http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/

<quangtrung@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database.
In
> the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script:
> update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID
>
> @customerIS is created in the begin_download script.
>
> I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated
> database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set
> status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID
>
> @customerID is created in the begin_upload script.
>
> I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my consolidated database
or
> my remote database? If the mobilink only affect the consolidate database.
> How do i update my remote database?
>
> Any help will be very appreciated
>
> Regards,
> Quang

0
David

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Is there a way of asking the remote database to Re-send statements that have failed to be applied at the consolidated database because of referential integrity ?
Helo, The scenario: We have a consololidate database with a table 'client_site'. The remote database also has this table 'client_site'. The client_site table is an article in a publication and the SUBSCRIBE BY on client_site is by 'site_ref' which is the PK in the client_site table. I also do not include a column list with the articles, so it assumes all columns in the table participate in replication For some strange mis-management reason, this table at the remote end has a column 'month_end_run_ts' which is not present in the consolidated ...

Server database remote to consolidated database
Dear community, our consolidated database "A" (db not determinated yet) and the database which to be replicated "B" (Oracle) are on different boxes. The Mobilink replication will be done between A and many clients "C". Questions: 1. Is it possible to configure the Mobilink Server to handle this configuration ? 2. If so, does the Mobilink Server pull the data via odbc from the remote database ? 3. If not, would it be possible to use for a replication between A and B the Mobilink Server (the client is A and the server is B) ? This barmy idea b...

Replication of entire consolidated database to remote database
Hi Friends, i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote databse through Mobilink.. can any body suggest me the simpliest way of doing????(what exactly i need is how to make my remote databse should contain same data which my consolidated has...) thanks in advance.... waiting for reply Govada "Nageswara Rao" <tnagesh@i-vantage.com> wrote in news:efRU$hd9CHA.317@forums-1-dub: > i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote > databse through Mobilink.. > can any body suggest me the simpliest way of...

create ASA remote database out of consolidated database
I am trying to make a remote database out of a consolidated database. The scheme of the remote database should be parallel in structure to the scheme of the consolidated database. The database has about 300 tables. In all our tables is a identifier company_id and in some tables (about 200) the identifier user_id. After the remote database is created synchronisation should work as follows: The tables with the identifier user_id are changed in the remote database and should be uploaded to the consolidated database. The tables with no user_id are changed in the consolidated dat...

uploading data from the remote database to a consolidated database.
hi all, im using a ASA 8.0.2 build 4089 as a mobilink server in my win2k. and ASA CE 8.0.2 im my pocket pc 2002 device. im using mobilink sync server 8.0.2 build 4089 im confused which sync events i should use. to upload data from my remote db to the consolidated db. i need to upload rows from my remote db to the consolidated db. i tried upload_insert . upload_update events . but every time the upload_inster event fires first and it gives a primary key conflict error in my CD db. can any one explain me how to design the upload procees? i need to insert , update and delete in my co...

Extracted database not applying messages of consolidated database
Hi All, I have a replication problem. I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 version 7.02.1588 and dbremote replication. After extraction of remote database the replication works only one way from remote database to consolidated one. The messages from consolidated database are staying in a folder and not applying against remote database by dbremote. It looks like dbremote doesn't see consolidated messages at all. Do you have any ideas how to fix that ? Thanks, Alex. What does the dbremote output window report on the remote when it fails to apply the messages? ...

Multiple consolidated databases for Mobilink
Hello all, Is there a way to use Mobilink to synchronize multiple clients (iAnywhere on PDAs) to multiple back-end databases (MS SQL Server)? If yes, how can I configure the client to specify which database it should use to synchronize? Any success stories or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance, A.P. Anastasios Papadopoulos wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there a way to use Mobilink to synchronize multiple clients > (iAnywhere on PDAs) to multiple back-end databases (MS SQL Server)? If yes, > how can I configure the client to specify whic...

Using a MobiLink enabled database for non-MobiLink deployment
MobiLink 10.0.1.3712 Would there be any known issues/consequences using a database that has been setup for MobiLink if the application will not be participating in synchronization? We deploy an empty database as a template with each release of our software that may or may not need the synhronization aspect. I was thinking that it would be easiest to maintain the template with MobiLink installed (all ml_* tables and views), all the sync scripts in place, and just not have any MobiLink users defined or subscriptions. The consolidated database doesn't get the publications, s...

Mobilink synchronization with Informix consolidated database
Reading chapter '2.Sinchronization Basics' of 'Mobilink Synchronization User=b4s Guide' I see that not include bd Informix like consolidated database. My consolidates database is Informix what can i do? Informix is not an officially supported consolidated database for MobiLink synchronization. You may be able to use statement based synchronization scripts (instead of cursor based) to get something to work, or even use ASA with proxy tables to Informix. Keep in mind however, that Informix is not officially supported, so if you run into difficulty, we may not have the ...

delet mobilink client in consolidated database
ASA 9 How do I delete a mobilink client in the consolidated database? I use the script below to test if the user of our program is a mobilink client: SELECT count(*) INTO .. FROM ml_subscription WHERE user_id = :UserOfOurProgram; Should I use: SELECT ml_subscription WHERE user_id = :UserOfOurProgram; Eric Verhorstert <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in news:42ea4418$1@forums- 2-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: EV> ASA 9 Please provide dbeng9 -v output. EV> How do I delete a mobilink client in the consolidated database? First let's a...

Mobilink server / consolidated database in maintenance
Hi, I was wondering if there is a preferred way of dealing with synchronisation requests whilst the consolidated database server was down for maintenance? With the Mobilink server stopped clients simply fail to connect a socket (as you would imagine!). If there a more graceful way of information the client database that the server is not in fact missing, just down for maintenance. Thanks in advance. Phil MobiLink 11 11.0.1.2044 There are many approaches to address this concern. All of which use multiple ML servers and some redirector or load balancing. See the det...

Problem Mobilink With Trigger on Consolidate Database
I have some problem about Mobilink . I have 3 table . table A , B and C all 3 table are consolidate database (Sybase ASE 15) - table A have trigger update by update table C - table B have not trigger Remote Database ( ASA) - Have table A ,C Problem : When i update table A and i insert table C then Sync , I found Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- E. 06/26 11:06:29. SQLCODE from MobiLink server is: -10002 E. 06/26 11:06:29. Message: ...

Web resources about - Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Consolidated Edison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4 Irving Place New York, New York , U.S. Consolidated Edison, Inc. , colloquially referred to as Con Edison or Con Ed , is one of the largest ...

IPO-Related Lawsuits Against Facebook Consolidated, To Be Heard In New York
All of the lawsuits over Facebook’s bungled initial public offering are going to make a brand-new start of it in old New York, as a panel of ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - brisbanetimes.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

Sydney developer Payce Consolidated and Sekisui House's plans for West End's Absoe revamp
Developers have proposed a 25 storey apartment tower in West End, 10 floors over the maximum limit, as part of an $800 million revamp of the ...

Consolidated sells 23% BC Iron stake
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. BC Iron shares have fallen 2.5 per cent after a major shareholder, Consolidated Minerals, sold ...

Closing the gap 150 indigenous programs consolidated to cut waste
The government plans to save $500 million over five years by consolidating more than 150 indigenous programs into a five-pronged strategy to ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - watoday.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

Possible Seven bid for Consolidated raises ACCC concerns
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has raised concerns about a possible bid by Seven for Consolidated Media.

Gail Shea Denies Books Burned As Fisheries Libraries Consolidated
Fisheries Minister Gail Shea is denying reports that scientific research was burned or discarded in the name of cost-cutting. And Shea says the ...

Google Hangouts for Android getting smarter with natural language parsing, consolidated contacts
You've long been able to share your location with contacts in Hangouts chats, but the Google Hangouts for Android app is today getting a little ...