moving a MS SQLServer consolidated database

Hello All
ASA 9.011883
MLS 9.01.1883
MS SQLServer 2K

I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a new server I need to
know what I need to do. I have moved the DB over to the new machine and
changed the remote server for the asa db but when I run the sync it cant
find the DB

Pat Beal

0
Pat
9/24/2004 5:22:23 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Mobilink server started ??

John

"Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message
> Hello All
> ASA 9.011883
> MLS 9.01.1883
> MS SQLServer 2K
>
> I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a new server I need to
> know what I need to do. I have moved the DB over to the new machine and
> changed the remote server for the asa db but when I run the sync it cant
> find the DB
>
> Pat Beal

0
John
9/24/2004 5:58:29 PM
Does it need to be running on the Machine running SQLServer of can I use a
local DSN that connects to the consolidated DB

Pat Beal
"John Yovas" <johnca2000us_no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mobilink server started ??
>
> John
>
> "Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All
> > ASA 9.011883
> > MLS 9.01.1883
> > MS SQLServer 2K
> >
> > I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a new server I need
> > know what I need to do. I have moved the DB over to the new machine and
> > changed the remote server for the asa db but when I run the sync it cant
> > find the DB
> >
> > Pat Beal

0
Pat
9/24/2004 6:05:11 PM
Yes, you can have the MobiLink server run on a separate machine from that of
the SQL Server.

Based on what you have said so far I wonder if you left the MobiLink server
running on the old machine, yet you still changed the server the remote
points to?  For example did you change the "dbmlsync -e adr=" parameter to
point to this new server?  This parameter should point to the machine the
MobiLink server is running on..

--
Liam Cavanagh
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

> Does it need to be running on the Machine running SQLServer of can I use a
> local DSN that connects to the consolidated DB
>
> Pat Beal
> "John Yovas" <johnca2000us_no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Mobilink server started ??
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello All
> > > ASA 9.011883
> > > MLS 9.01.1883
> > > MS SQLServer 2K
> > >
> > > I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a new server I
need
> > > know what I need to do. I have moved the DB over to the new machine
and
> > > changed the remote server for the asa db but when I run the sync it
cant
> > > find the DB
> > >
> > > Pat Beal

0
Liam
9/24/2004 7:05:04 PM
I figured it out. I needed to change the ML_user connection to point to the
new Mobilink server.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that the documentation for Mobilink a
little vague. I admit I am new to Mobilink but it would be nice to have a
some checklists for things that need to be done during common tasks admin
tasks like moveing a consolidated  DB. you know  step one move the DB, step
2. Start the mobilink server on new server, step 3. make sure the user
connection in the remote DB is pointing to the correct Mobilink server.

Pat Beal

"Liam Cavanagh" <Liam.CavanaghNO@SPAMianywhere.com> wrote in message
> Yes, you can have the MobiLink server run on a separate machine from that
of
> the SQL Server.
>
> Based on what you have said so far I wonder if you left the MobiLink
server
> running on the old machine, yet you still changed the server the remote
> points to?  For example did you change the "dbmlsync -e adr=" parameter to
> point to this new server?  This parameter should point to the machine the
> MobiLink server is running on..
>
> --
> Liam Cavanagh
> Certified ASA Developer Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
> Product Management
>
> "Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message
> > Does it need to be running on the Machine running SQLServer of can I use
> > local DSN that connects to the consolidated DB
> >
> > Pat Beal
> > "John Yovas" <johnca2000us_no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Mobilink server started ??
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > "Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message

> need
> and
> cant

0
Pat
9/24/2004 7:30:58 PM
"Pat Beal" <pbeal@visi.com> wrote in news:415475f2$1@forums-1-dub:

PB> I figured it out. I needed to change the ML_user connection to point
PB> to the new Mobilink server.
PB>
PB> Is it just me or does anyone else find that the documentation for
PB> Mobilink a little vague. I admit I am new to Mobilink but it would be
PB> nice to have a some checklists for things that need to be done during
PB> common tasks admin tasks like moveing a consolidated  DB. you know
PB> step one move the DB, step 2. Start the mobilink server on new server,
PB> step 3. make sure the user connection in the remote DB is pointing to
PB> the correct Mobilink server.

We are always open to documentation suggestions.

If you can suggest what to put and *where* to put it, we can certainly
consider it.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
Professional Services
Please only post to the newsgroup
Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with
EACH post (dbeng9 -v).

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database
Hi, I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database. In the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script: update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID @customerIS is created in the begin_download script. I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID @customerID is created in the begin_upload script. I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my...

Consolidating Consolidated databases
Is there a way to have a device connected to a consolidated database (yes), and then have that consolidated database consolidated to a centralized database? I have a need to for a distributed POS solution where the clients may be off line from the consolidated db and that consolidated DB may also need to exist offline from the centralized database. Is this doable? Would I just need to setup multiple mobilink servers? Thoughts? Thanks, BradW > Is there a way to have a device connected to a consolidated > database (yes), and then have that consolidated database ...

moving ms SQL databases
I've created a web application with Visual Studio 2003. Uploading my application to the server is easy enough. I use the Copy Project utility from the Project selection on the menu bar. I'm using a remote server-- and hosting account that supports ASP.NET and ms SQL. But now I want to copy my ms SQL database and can't find any way to copy my DB to the server. What do the best way to to this? PaulTucson, AZ Ask your hoster. Some options are hoster specific. The Enterprise Manager has a tool to copy databases between two servers. This is one way - but do you have the rights for this on t...

Multiple consolidated databases for Mobilink
Hello all, Is there a way to use Mobilink to synchronize multiple clients (iAnywhere on PDAs) to multiple back-end databases (MS SQL Server)? If yes, how can I configure the client to specify which database it should use to synchronize? Any success stories or suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance, A.P. Anastasios Papadopoulos wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there a way to use Mobilink to synchronize multiple clients > (iAnywhere on PDAs) to multiple back-end databases (MS SQL Server)? If yes, > how can I configure the client to specify whic...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

delet mobilink client in consolidated database
ASA 9 How do I delete a mobilink client in the consolidated database? I use the script below to test if the user of our program is a mobilink client: SELECT count(*) INTO .. FROM ml_subscription WHERE user_id = :UserOfOurProgram; Should I use: SELECT ml_subscription WHERE user_id = :UserOfOurProgram; Eric Verhorstert <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in news:42ea4418$1@forums- 2-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: EV> ASA 9 Please provide dbeng9 -v output. EV> How do I delete a mobilink client in the consolidated database? First let's a...

Mobilink synchronization with Informix consolidated database
Reading chapter '2.Sinchronization Basics' of 'Mobilink Synchronization User=b4s Guide' I see that not include bd Informix like consolidated database. My consolidates database is Informix what can i do? Informix is not an officially supported consolidated database for MobiLink synchronization. You may be able to use statement based synchronization scripts (instead of cursor based) to get something to work, or even use ASA with proxy tables to Informix. Keep in mind however, that Informix is not officially supported, so if you run into difficulty, we may not have the ...

Mobilink server / consolidated database in maintenance
Hi, I was wondering if there is a preferred way of dealing with synchronisation requests whilst the consolidated database server was down for maintenance? With the Mobilink server stopped clients simply fail to connect a socket (as you would imagine!). If there a more graceful way of information the client database that the server is not in fact missing, just down for maintenance. Thanks in advance. Phil MobiLink 11 11.0.1.2044 There are many approaches to address this concern. All of which use multiple ML servers and some redirector or load balancing. See the det...

MS SQLServer databases
I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 connecting to a MS SQLServer v 6.5 database using the native driver. When I create a new table, and then try to view the table, I get a message that says "Tablename, colname, data type is not supported". I have tried choosing several different data types - it does not matter what I pick. Anybody else have this problem? Why can't I create a table correctly????????? Thanks, Erin O'Leary This is an old PB problem that surface when MS SQLServer 6.5 came out. Upgrade to the latest maintenance release - 5.0.04 - from the we...

Problem Mobilink With Trigger on Consolidate Database
I have some problem about Mobilink . I have 3 table . table A , B and C all 3 table are consolidate database (Sybase ASE 15) - table A have trigger update by update table C - table B have not trigger Remote Database ( ASA) - Have table A ,C Problem : When i update table A and i insert table C then Sync , I found Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- E. 06/26 11:06:29. SQLCODE from MobiLink server is: -10002 E. 06/26 11:06:29. Message: ...

mobilink with sql server as consolidated database
I am using sql server 2000 as consolidated database and in the device I am using asa 10.0.1.3686 with Pocket Builder 2.5 previously in sybase 9 I have that to manage a temporal table in the mobilink to manage environment variable that used in the different events, the same thing happens in mobilink 10, when I work with sql server like consolidated database "LAPI" <luisponceibarra@hotmail.com> wrote in news:48359692@forums-1-dub: > I am using sql server 2000 as consolidated database and in the device I am > using asa 10.0.1.3686 with Pocket Builder 2.5...

MS SQLServer databases - data types
Concerning my data type problem (MS SQLServer databases - data types) - I do not have any problem when I connect to the database using ODBC - with the SQL Server driver. Erin O'Leary ...

Move SQL Server to Ms Access Database
Helo, I'm a newbie in DNN3. There are some question that I would like to ask. 1)  How to change the web.comfig from SQL server to MS Access? sqlDataprovider is same as SQL server? I'd tried to put <appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString"value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\myPath\myJet.mdb;User ID=;Password="  /></appSettings>in my web.config file. but seems does not work properly in my localhost. 2) Another thing is, when i put Imports System.ConfigurationDim Conn As New OleDbConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSetti...

Web resources about - moving a MS SQLServer consolidated database - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Consolidated Edison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4 Irving Place New York, New York , U.S. Consolidated Edison, Inc. , colloquially referred to as Con Edison or Con Ed , is one of the largest ...

IPO-Related Lawsuits Against Facebook Consolidated, To Be Heard In New York
All of the lawsuits over Facebook’s bungled initial public offering are going to make a brand-new start of it in old New York, as a panel of ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - brisbanetimes.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

Sydney developer Payce Consolidated and Sekisui House's plans for West End's Absoe revamp
Developers have proposed a 25 storey apartment tower in West End, 10 floors over the maximum limit, as part of an $800 million revamp of the ...

Consolidated sells 23% BC Iron stake
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. BC Iron shares have fallen 2.5 per cent after a major shareholder, Consolidated Minerals, sold ...

Closing the gap 150 indigenous programs consolidated to cut waste
The government plans to save $500 million over five years by consolidating more than 150 indigenous programs into a five-pronged strategy to ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - watoday.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

Possible Seven bid for Consolidated raises ACCC concerns
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has raised concerns about a possible bid by Seven for Consolidated Media.

Gail Shea Denies Books Burned As Fisheries Libraries Consolidated
Fisheries Minister Gail Shea is denying reports that scientific research was burned or discarded in the name of cost-cutting. And Shea says the ...

Google Hangouts for Android getting smarter with natural language parsing, consolidated contacts
You've long been able to share your location with contacts in Hangouts chats, but the Google Hangouts for Android app is today getting a little ...