Working with ASA, ASE and proxy tables.

I am trying to create proxy tables on ASE from tables  on an ASA 6.02
server.  I am able to load proxy tables in ASE from ASA if ASE in on a
different servers.  But when they are on the same server I get an unable
to connect error.
I am running on NT 4 sp4, ASE 11.9.2 with CIS, and ASA 6.02.    Why can
I load the proxy tables onto  a Unix ASE server but not the NT.  Could
both ASA 6.02 and ASE 11.9.2   be using slightly different versions of
Open Server and Open Client?.  Do they install any of the same dlls in
the windows system directory?  Has anyone ever tried this configuration
and had any success?
Thanks,
John

0
John

I tried this using my ASE and ASA servers that reside on my laptop and
creating and selecting from the proxy table works OK for me.  Post the
commands you used.  Maybe it's something there.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

Proxy Tables ASE
Hi. I want to create proxy tables in ASE; the physical tables are in ASA. I have a problem creating a proxy table in ASE. The error message is something like "could not connect to remote server". I have some questions: * How to configure the remote server in ASE to connect an ASA database? * How to configure ASA environment? Some Tips? Renato Gonzalez ...

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Problem with creation of Proxy tables from ASE 11.9.2 to ASA 7
Hello, while creating proxy tables to link ASE 11.9.2.3 SWR9098 to ASA 7.0.1 (918) both running on Sun Solaris, there is a problem where it takes approximately 20 minutes to create the table. When running against ASA 6.0.3, this table creation took a matter of seconds. Is there some issue with regards to the creation of proxy tables with CIS to ASA 7? When I look at the CPU utilisation, ASA is hitting close to 100% CPU while it sits there for the 20 mins. The server is added with 'exec sp_addserver ...' The login is added with 'exec sp_addexternlogin..." An...

Can't create Proxy tables: SQLAnywhere 10 to ASE 11.92
Hi all; First of all, this is the first time I try to create a proxy table. I did create a Remote server and external login(all of this using the Sybase Central's wizard), but when I try to create the proxy table I have a -667 error: "could not access column information for the table x". In both the Anywhere and ASE databases only administrators are registered(DBA and dbo), so there must be permissions for accesing such data on ASE. I tried it also using Interactive SQL: CREATE EXISTING TABLE "DBA"."test_pxy" AT 'seicom;New_db;dbo;test...

Can't create Proxy tables: SQLAnywhere 10 to ASE 11.92
Sorry for cross-posting, but it seems that no one in the sqlanywhere.general section had idea about this :-s... I hope someone here have some experience on this one. Hi all; First of all, this is the first time I try to create a proxy table. I did create a Remote server and external login(all of this using the Sybase Central's wizard), but when I try to create the proxy table I have a -667 error: "could not access column information for the table x". In both the Anywhere and ASE databases only administrators are registered(DBA and dbo), so there must be permissio...

Select statement on proxy tables returns multiple records on ASA V9 worked fine on V7.
We are in the process of upgrading our ASA database from V7 to V9. We have a select statement joining local and proxy tables. The V7 database returns one record, the V9 database returns multiple records. The data in both databases is the same. Has anyone else had this problem with an upgrade to V9? Denton Rumsey wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading our ASA database from V7 to V9. We have > a select statement joining local and proxy tables. The V7 database returns > one record, the V9 database returns multiple records. The data in both > databases is the ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

Proxy-Table question
Hi i have a (maybe foolish?) question to proxy-tables: if i add columns on the original table.........where are these columns in the proxy table -> must i also add these new columns in the proxy-table; or must i redesign the proxy-table ....???? many thank's for help Michael I think you have to drop and re-create the proxy table. CREATE EXISTING TABLE makes this easy. Breck On 10 Jun 2005 12:58:59 -0700, "M.Erlinger" <michael.erlinger@vienna.at> wrote: >Hi > >i have a (maybe foolish?) question to proxy-tables: if i add columns ...

Problems using Oracle Proxy Tables in queries to ASA tables
I have created a remote server to an oracle database from a asa9 database. Using Powerbuilder10 to create a query joining a table from the oracle proxy table to a asa table does not work. Are there any parameters that should be modifed that anyone is aware of in either ASA or Powerbuilder Can you be more specific than "does not work"? What error do you get? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ...

Working with proxy tables
Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post - and hopefully someone might redirect me if so to the proper group. I have a general question about proxy tables. The group I work with is located in NY - others working on the same project I am working on are scattered around the country. Specifically, I have set up proxy tables in my database to tables in another database located in TN. My question is - is there a way to maintain referencial integrity between database tables in my database and the proxy tables Ive set up to the database in TN? The proxy table is a t...

ASA To ASE - VS

Proxy tables in ASA
I've created an external login in an ASA db pointing to a DSN to the backend database. The password to the backend database is stored with this external login. My question is ... where is the password to the backend database stored inside the ASA db? I want to make sure that this password is not accessible to anyone else. TIA Bob Please disregard, I found "The password is stored internally in encrypted form." in the help. "Bob" <email@place.com> wrote in message news:4469cdba@forums-2-dub... > I've created an external login i...

Update from proxy table do not work
I wrote about problem with INSERT .... ON EXISTING UPDATE ... from proxy table. Now, i have same problem with update command update local_table set col1 = (select col1 from proxy_table where proxy_table.pkey = local_table.col2) Error message : << update operation attempted on non-updatable remote query >> The short answer: You are trying to do one of those things you cannot do with proxy tables, at this time. The whole subject of cross-database joins is hugely complex, and there are vast differences between what you can do inside one database, and what you ...

Comparing Tables between ASA and ASE
I have just under 100 ASA employee master tables that I have to compare against a master master table on ASE. Is there no simple way to search for incongruous data in either DBMS? or some macro in Excel that will compare worksheets bit for bit?? Worse yet how do I get ASE to export descent excel files? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com Hi, maybe you can use the ASE master master table as a proxy table in ASA and use a simple join ... HTH, Karsten Hoeppner [Hermann O. Eckert GmbH] On 1 Aug 2003 03:34:42 -0700, westsan <member23767@dbforums.com> wrote: &g...

Web resources about - Working with ASA, ASE and proxy tables. - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Uber provides an important new way of working
Ride sharing gives people a flexible way to earn extra income and they must be able to do so without excessive regulation.

Microsoft is working on bridges to get your apps to Windows 10
Microsoft launched Windows 10 this past summer and it has, mostly, had a good reaction from users. After Windows 8 there really was no direction ...

Here’s what Apple’s new secret iPhone lab might be working on
... display technologies for future generation of iPhones, new reports from Asia offer some details on what the iPhone maker might be working on. ...

My Career Left No Room For Motherhood. Now I Advocate For Working Moms
... slap of discrimination by excelling in the traditionally male occupation of law. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. I had made the transition to working ...

Paid-Off Conservatives Are Already Working To Scuttle The Climate Change Agreement Can Bernie And Raul ...
The Paris climate talks just wrapped with a historic agreement between 195 nations. But if you thought the unanimity addressing climate change ...

world's first in-game working cell phone
Verizon just pwned all other cell providers with this killer Minecraft integration , creating the first ever in-game working cell phone that ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

AT&T and Verizon both working on sponsored data offers
The nation's two biggest wireless carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, have entered another competitive arena, this time over so-called "sponsored ...

Congressional negotiators still working to give the nation a funded government for Christmas
Wednesday is the new deadline for Congress to fund government, and details of their package could be announced as early as Monday. But that Wednesday ...