Upgrading 5.0.03 to 5.5.04

I need to upgrade several client sites from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04 (authenticated
version).  Many of the sites are very far away, and have little (or none)
on-site tech people.  Often times, sites aren't aware that they have a
server, or which computer it is.  Most of our support is done via
PC-Anywhere.  However, we are seldom able to dial in to the server, but
instead have to dial in to a client machine.  Some sites are using NT
servers, and others are using Novell.  I realize the service manager on the
server will need to be stopped for the upgrade to occur, but other than
that, I hope there's a way to do the upgrade on the server from a client
machine.  Is there just a few files I need to copy over?  Is there a list
somewhere?  Or, do I need to add/change registry entries etc.?  It seems on
the client side, I can just replace the files normally in \SqlAny\Win with
the new ones from the 5.5.04 CD.  I hope I can do the same for the server.
Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Chris

0
Chris

In article <DhIOQY$Q#GA.209@forums.powersoft.com>,
chris.pettingill@riseinc.com says...
> I need to upgrade several client sites from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04 (authenticated
> version).  Many of the sites are very far away, and have little (or none)
> on-site tech people.  Often times, sites aren't aware that they have a
> server, or which computer it is.  Most of our support is done via
> PC-Anywhere.  However, we are seldom able to dial in to the server, but
> instead have to dial in to a client machine.  Some sites are using NT
> servers, and others are using Novell.  I realize the service manager on the
> server will need to be stopped for the upgrade to occur, but other than
> that, I hope there's a way to do the upgrade on the server from a client
> machine.  Is there just a few files I need to copy over?  Is there a list
> somewhere?  Or, do I need to add/change registry entries etc.?  It seems on
> the client side, I can just replace the files normally in \SqlAny\Win with
> the new ones from the 5.5.04 CD.  I hope I can do the same for the server.
> Does anyone know?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I would get a tool that monitors installations.  Put this tool on a PC
that has 5.0.3 and then run the 5.5.04 install. This should give you an
accurate list of items that get added/changed.

--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

5.5.03->5.5.04 upgrade
I'm running 5.5.03. Can you download the latest updates from FTP and upgrade 5.5.03 to the latest 5.5.04, or does the .03-.04 upgrade have to be purchased somewhere first? George Hale SSC Group, Inc. Kerrville, TX Overlooking the Guadalupe You can download the upgrade for free from support.sybase.com. You'll have to register yourself to get a login ID, but that's free too. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 George Hale <sschale@ktc.co...

5.5.03 or 5.5.04??
I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there anything in 03 that is not included in 04? Second, are there any known problems with 04? I'll listen to facts, rumors, opinions, etc. TIA Shannon 5.5.04 seems pretty stable. -- Terry Black HCIA, Inc. e-mail:tblac@hcia.com Shannon Griffith wrote in message ... >I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test >system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there >a...

5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?
I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database (created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if this is 'correct' behaviour? Many thanks in advance -- MAX HUGEN Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au Tel: +612 9560 3061 Fax: +612 9564 5073 >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could...

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5
Hi, What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. Cheers Chito Hello, The maintenanace patches on the Web should be able to handle it. Regards, Raymond Kwong Sybase iAnywhere Solutions On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:39:19 -0400, 14/6/2001 wrote: > Hi, > > What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the > upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. > > Cheers > > Chito The v5505 maintenance release can be fo...

Upgrade to 5.5.0.5
Hi, Does anyone have a guestimate date for the release of 5.5.0.5, and will it contain Power Dynamo 2.0? ken harkness I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say 5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:40:51 -0500, "Jim Egan" <eganjp@compuserve.com> wrote: >I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05. They say >5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative. ..04 is now here. ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504 great, but: Why is it NOT in ...

5.5.03 Server + 5.5.0 Clients?
We have an OS/2 server running the 5.5.0 engine. Sometimes we encounter assertions and would like to apply the patch 5.5.03. All clients are remote and communicate over IPX/SPX. Some clients use ODBC, others use ESQL. Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the clients? Thanks for your help Tobias -- ====================================================================== Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Krueger Tel.: +49 6103 5881-41 Giegerich & Partner GmbH Fax: +49 6103 5881-49 Daimlerstrasse, D-63303 Dreieich eM...

5.5.04 Creates 5.5.03 databases
Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and Sybase Central. Jack T. >Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same >date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and >Sybase Central. I suppose you are looking at the version information from sql central. This shows the version of the db file format. The file format does not change with every release, and in fact did not change with the 5.5.04 release. Regards, ...

Dbremote 5.5.0 and 5.5.03 Crash.
Have a problem with dbremote crashing. I have 4 remote sites. At one of the remotes site and the consolidated site, dbremote crashes (GPF or something) after it prints Processing Active Transaction Log and before it prints anything else. This has had some unfortunate side effects. It appears that data was getting to the consolidated site, but not back out. Except for the one remote site. Any ideas? Wayne@aprompt.com Wayne, I have not had GPF problems but did have trouble similar to yours where stuff was coming in okay from the remotes but not replicating out correctly....

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

Upgrade database (5.5.01
If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The only inconsistances I've seen have been related to the OpenServer Gateway, which seems to need a 5.5.03 physical store to work. Any one else had problems? Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services pjwarner wrote: > > If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we...

Web resources about - Upgrading 5.0.03 to 5.5.04 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube