Upgrade to 5.5.0.5

Hi,
   Does anyone have a guestimate date for the release of 5.5.0.5, and
will it contain Power Dynamo 2.0?
ken harkness
0
Kenneth

I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05.  They say
5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative.

0
Jim
1/9/1998 5:40:51 PM
On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:40:51 -0500, "Jim Egan" <eganjp@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05.  They say
>5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative.

..04 is now here.
ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504

0
speedier
1/10/1998 6:14:28 AM
great, but:  Why is it NOT in    ftp.powersoft.com/pub2/sqlany/maintfls/
I'm not a PB'dr. and would like the update also.

iNF wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 12:40:51 -0500, "Jim Egan" <eganjp@compuserve.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I would expect 5.5.04 to be released before you see 5.5.05.  They say
> >5.5.04 is imminent but "imminent" is relative.
>
> .04 is now here.
> ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504
0
Al
1/10/1998 11:20:56 PM
>.04 is now here.
>ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504

Interesting. It is not yet listed at

http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html

where I would expect to find it.  Oh well, it looks like it just
appeared at the ftp site 2 days ago.

Thanks for the tip.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
1/11/1998 12:16:48 AM
>.04 is now here.
>ftp.powersoft.com /pub2/pbuilder/maintfls/win/504

Whoop, now I realize that you are referring to PB 5.0.04.  We were
discussing SQL Anywhere 5.5.04.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
1/11/1998 12:18:10 AM
Had me worried there for a while.  I've been checking the FTP site for SQL
Anywhere maintenance files almost every day.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

0
Jim
1/11/1998 1:20:45 AM
If you downloaded 504 you should be aware that it is a BETA version.  It is
NOT a production release.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

I checked out the FTP site and came up empty.  Is it hidden somewhere?

TIA,
Mike Nicewarner

Jim Egan wrote in message <01bd20f1$5eb3f0e0$c90ba8c0@jegan>...
>If you downloaded 504 you should be aware that it is a BETA version.  It is
>NOT a production release.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>Dealer Solutions, LLC
>Houston, TX

0
Michael
1/21/1998 3:36:54 PM
This is the URL where the latest SA patch are;

http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html

--
Bruce Milton
Sybase Workplace Database Technical Support

Michael F. Nicewarner wrote in message ...
>That still doesn't answer the question "Where can I get the latest patches
>and such for SQL A"?
>
>I checked out the FTP site and came up empty.  Is it hidden somewhere?
>
>TIA,
>Mike Nicewarner
>
>Jim Egan wrote in message <01bd20f1$5eb3f0e0$c90ba8c0@jegan>...
>>If you downloaded 504 you should be aware that it is a BETA version.  It
is
>>NOT a production release.
>>--
>>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>>Dealer Solutions, LLC
>>Houston, TX

0
Bruce
1/21/1998 4:10:37 PM
Goto ftp.powersoft.com\pub2\sqlany\maintfls\v5503

Be sure you select the correct OS and then the correct engine (server vs
standalone).
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

I got confused when I saw 5.5.04; thought I was missing something.

Mike

Jim Egan wrote in message <01bd2694$f2c11f80$c90ba8c0@jegan>...
>Goto ftp.powersoft.com\pub2\sqlany\maintfls\v5503
>
>Be sure you select the correct OS and then the correct engine (server vs
>standalone).
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>Dealer Solutions, LLC
>Houston, TX

0
Michael

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5
Hi, What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. Cheers Chito Hello, The maintenanace patches on the Web should be able to handle it. Regards, Raymond Kwong Sybase iAnywhere Solutions On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:39:19 -0400, 14/6/2001 wrote: > Hi, > > What's he path upgrading to anywhere 5.0 to 5.5? Can I download the > upgrade kit from the web or do I need to buy it from Sybase. > > Cheers > > Chito The v5505 maintenance release can be fo...

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

How to do from ASA5.5.0.4 #1867 To 5.5.0.5?
Hi , I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. I can not start my database anymore. Can anyone help me. Thanks A Lot! Kadee What error are you getting? /ck "kadee" <kadee@pchome.com.tw> wrote in message news:$O6WtrS6BHA.238@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > > I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, > Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from > Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. > I can not start my database anymore. > > Can...

Free to upgrade Sygate from 5.0 to 5.5
I have Sygate Pro 5.0. Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5? "Martin C.E." <martin_2003@mail.com> wrote in message news:94469FF04E588835A@204.1.226.254... > I have Sygate Pro 5.0. > > Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5? Yes.In Sygate Pro 5.0 go to Tools>Update Signature. "JohnRT" <cartwright@sf.spam.com> wrote: > "Martin C.E." <martin_2003@mail.com> wrote in message > news:94469FF04E588835A@204.1.226.254... >> I have Sygate Pro 5.0. >> >> Is it free to upgrade to version 5.5? > &g...

GW6.5 upgrade from 5.5 on SBS5.0
Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0? Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention of the 5.0 platform It will run it is just not supported by Novell in case you get problems. We ran it on NetWare 4.11 for a while in order to able to upgrade. Cheers, Edward <jerry@svcinc.com> wrote in message news:ho5ne.5984$_w.3136@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Will GW6.5 run on SBS5.0? Docs all indicate 5.1 requirement, no mention > of the 5.0 platform ...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

Upgrading 5.0.03 to 5.5.04
I need to upgrade several client sites from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04 (authenticated version). Many of the sites are very far away, and have little (or none) on-site tech people. Often times, sites aren't aware that they have a server, or which computer it is. Most of our support is done via PC-Anywhere. However, we are seldom able to dial in to the server, but instead have to dial in to a client machine. Some sites are using NT servers, and others are using Novell. I realize the service manager on the server will need to be stopped for the upgrade to occur, but other than that, I hop...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

upgrading to GW6.5 from 5.5
Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? Henry Lei wrote: > Is it recommended to have two domains before upgrading to 6.5? Setup one as > the primary and another as secondary. Any good TIDs on doing this? > > The Domain is the first piece I need to upgrade right? > Please post this in the groupwise forum. -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) ...

Web resources about - Upgrade to 5.5.0.5 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube