Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11.

I am trying to create a new database in SQL ANYWHERE 11.0.1
and I am getting the following errors using the Create
Database Wizard and I am getting the following errors:

Unable to start database server
[Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Unable to start database
server

Error code=-80
SQL state=08001

Any clue as to what might be causing this?
0
Mark

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

-934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database C:\FUELTAX\DATABASE\PCFTAX.DB
Our program which uses runtime engine for version 9 is getting the following error -934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database. Does anyone know what might have happened. It was working fine for months and all of the sudden we are getting this error now. Thanks, Igor Vodo. This error is a result of the database server being at a lower version than the database file format. Something has changed in your environment. Do you have multiple installs of SQL Anywhere on your machine (for example ASA 9.0.1 and 9.0.2)? If s...

Database Server not found after upgrade from ASA 9 to SQLAnywhere 11
Our database server was running under ASA 9 and we were connecting from client computers using the following odbc profile... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\albatross_works] "Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\Sybase\\SQL Anywhere 9\\win32\\dbodbc9.dll" "UID"="dba" "PWD"="*********" "DatabaseName"="albatross" "EngineName"="\\\\07-06-tides\\albatross_00" "AutoStop"="Yes" "Integrated"="No" "Debug"="No" "DisableMulti...

"SqlAnywhere (6.0)
I have recently installed SqlAnyWhere version 6.0 . Windows 95 platform.(IE 4.1 SP1) . When I try to create a new database I get the Message: " SQL error (-80) Unable to start database Engine . I'm unable to solve this problem - what should I do ? Check to make sure the ASA\Win32 directory is in the path. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStar...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

How to start SQLAnywhere server w/o logging into server
SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 Windows 2000 Server I thought that maybe I could get Service Manager to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. The DB comes up fine if I'm in it. I also noticed that after it makes the service, the parameters get wiped out. The service will start up with switches that I didn't enter, and leaves out the switches that I did enter. Anybody gotten this to work? Thanks, Jack T. See the Help dbeng50w.hlp... ===== SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 3. Using SQL Anywhere CHAPTER 29. Running Programs as Services Adding and removing SQL...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? I have answered in the PB newsgroup... "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message news:##ZoM$AQDHA.81@forums-2-dub... > How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server > without it running as yet? > > I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema: - comp1 - App is running - comp2 - the database is running - comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also it does not hav...

SQLAnyWhere Database Server
Actually I sent this inquiry to the sqlanywhere.general newsgroup but I think that this is also related to this newsgroup. So, I am sending this also. Please excuse me just this once. Here is my question: How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server without it running as yet? Use the sample database configuration as an example. Basically, check the "Automatically start the database if it isn't running". However, this only will only start an engine on the same machine. "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in messa...

Unable to start database server
start_asiq gives the following error. How can i open the da atabase? I also try to open with force optiopn but result is same. start_asiq -n XX -x "tcpip(port=3000)" -gd dba -iqdroplks XX /a/b/XX.db start_asiq -n XX -x 'tcpip{port=3000}' -gd dba -iqdroplks XX -iqfrec DMT /a/b/XX.db Thanks AIX 5.2 IBM,7017-S80 IQ 12.5 *********** (Possibly Duplicate Msg) ********************** *** SybaseIQ Abort at s_blockmap.cxx:851 for PID: 651444 *** TEMPORARY blockmap still owns dirty pages -- should have been destroyed DBSPAWN ERROR: -80 Unable t...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

Unable to start database server
I am using Sybase ASA 6.0.3.3028. For each connection profile I must supply a full path to dbeng6 in Start line edit or I get an error: Unable to start database server. How can I avoid this problem? I set paths in registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersin\App Paths\dbeng6.exe but to no avail. I expected installation wizard should set everything properly. Thanks for any help Joanna The executables directory needs to be in your path. That would be the ..\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0\Win32 folder. Also, on my Win95 machine, it add...

unable to start database server iANYWHERE
SQL ANYWHERE 7.0 Infomaker 7.0 windows 98 I created a database using sql DBINIT I created a table using sql CREATE I went into infomaker and set up a database profile and created a form for the table. I shut down my computer and went to sleep. The next day I restarted my computer. I went directly to infomaker. I was prompted to connect to my new test database. I got the error message: unable to start database server. I went to the on-line product manual. It suggests either a) not enough memory to start server or b) unable to find executable. I'm stuck. How are...

Unable to start database server #2
I just install sybase 7.04 on my windows 2000 machine. But when I try to create a database I get the error: "Unable to start database server". Any ideas? I am new to sybase so.. -Wayne Cyber Trippin wrote: > I just install sybase 7.04 on my windows 2000 machine. But when I try to > create a database I get the error: > "Unable to start database server". Any ideas? I am new to sybase so.. > How are you trying to create the database: Sybase Central or dbinit? Do you already have an ASA database engine running on the same machine? Do...

Web resources about - Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11. - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere