Unable to connect, unable to start

Hello everyone!
If anybody experienced this problem or knows how to get over it!

After fresh install of dbclient5.5.4 #1956 on Windows2000 server and trying
to connect via ASPage (IIS) getting an error:

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start
database engine
/folder/anotherfolder/aspname.asp, line 123"

Never had that issue on NT4Server before.
Also we are running IIS on that server(may be conflicts?)
Start command in Startup Options:
dbclient -Z -y -x tcpip(DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=111.111.4.11}

Keep in mind that the database server is on a different 2000 server on the
same subnet.  As shown above we have tried the "DOBROADCAST=NO" but still
encountering problems????

If anybody could help would be great!
Thanks in advance
Vlad.

0
Vladimir

You need to upgrade to the latest ebf of 5.5.05 in order for everything to work
properly on Windows 2000.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

Vladimir wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> If anybody experienced this problem or knows how to get over it!
>
> After fresh install of dbclient5.5.4 #1956 on Windows2000 server and trying
> to connect via ASPage (IIS) getting an error:
>
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
>
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start
> database engine
> /folder/anotherfolder/aspname.asp, line 123"
>
> Never had that issue on NT4Server before.
> Also we are running IIS on that server(may be conflicts?)
> Start command in Startup Options:
> dbclient -Z -y -x tcpip(DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=111.111.4.11}
>
> Keep in mind that the database server is on a different 2000 server on the
> same subnet.  As shown above we have tried the "DOBROADCAST=NO" but still
> encountering problems????
>
> If anybody could help would be great!
> Thanks in advance
> Vlad.

0
Jason

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

Firefox unable to unable to connect
Firefox starts but comes up with the messsage, "Unable to connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at....." I ran Netscape 8.1 and it works fine. Network connection settings for both browsers are set for auto detect settings for this network. This started happening before I loaded Netscape (loaded to get around this problem) and have uninstalled and reloaded firefox serveral times and different versions but still no go. Any ideas? Thanks Neil Neil wrote: > Firefox starts but comes up with the messsage, "Unable to connect, Firefox ...

Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall.
I have been using ASP.net 2.0 VS 2005 express edition c# on a single machine with IIS 5.1. Browser is MS IE 7.0. There have been no problems until a few days ago.   Debugging works 30% of the time, albeit very slowly. 70% of the time I get this message: "Unable to start debugging. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify the web server is running and that incoming HTP requests are not blocked by a firewall." This happens for old and new websites alike.   I have: stopped firewalls with no impact. de-registered and registered ASP 2....

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to read from the 'tcpip' network connection/Unable to write to the 'tcpip' network connection
Consolidated: Oracle 9.2 MobiLink A: ASA 8.0.2 Build 4322 MobiLink B: ASA 8.0.2 Build 4251 Remote: ASA 8.0.2 Build 4251 I have begun to receive the following messages immediately following the 'Sending the download to the remote database.' line within the MobiLink instance log. Error: Unable to read from the 'tcpip' network connection. Unable to read 2 bytes. Error: Unable to write to the 'tcpip' network connection. Unable to write 2 bytes. The system-specific error code is 10054 (hex 00002746). This seems to occur on either of the MobiLink instances (r...

Unable to start Java VM OR unable to find GetClassInfo
HELP!!! I've just (okay, have been working at this for 3 days!) installed EAServer 4.11 and Dynamo 3.6.1. I've set the following environment variables, but on my web page I still get the infamous "Unable to start specified Java VM" error message on the first try and "Unable to find GetClassInfo" on the second try. I've edited and re-edited system variables classpath, path. I've even added the boot classpath in PowerDynamo's java settings (don't know if I really need to do this as I didn't with earlier versions of Jag and PD). I start ...

Unable to start -- Unable to initialize requested communication links
We recently moved a dbsrv50 database server from NT 4.0 to a windows 2000 server the dvsrv50 is supplied to run under an ADP Stellix product. for some reason, under the new windows 2000 OS, the server will not start under -x TCPIP and will give the error: WARNING Unable to start -- unable to initialize requested communication links. I try to specify a direct IP address and port in the command line with no luck. The server does run under Netbios, but it seems to running very slowly sinc netbios is an older communications protocol and not as efficient has tcpip. What can I do to ge...

Unable to start DB
I have ASA 10.0.1.4051 installed on a Windows 2008 R2 64Bit server. I am running four databases on the system each one has been unloaded and reloaded from a 9.0.2.3228 which were running on a Win 2003 SP2 32Bit server. 2 of the DB's are able to run as a service without an issue, but two other DB's are not (one is a copy of the other with some slight data changes to a couple of tables). When starting the service I get an unknown error. I have tried this through DBENG10 and DBSRV10 and the working DB's are fine, but the other DB's produce the following error: ...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11.
I am trying to create a new database in SQL ANYWHERE 11.0.1 and I am getting the following errors using the Create Database Wizard and I am getting the following errors: Unable to start database server [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Any clue as to what might be causing this? ...

Unable to start DSI for Oracle Direct Connect
Hello, All After setup RepServer connection to Oracle replicate database via DirectConnect and starting DSI thread, I get the following messages in log file: I. 2000/09/15 15:37:48. The DSI thread for database 'PRISE_DCO.SYBASE' is started. E. 2000/09/15 15:39:01. ERROR #5095 DSI(105 PRISE_DCO.SYBASE) - �dsioqid.c(1723) The second and third columns returned by the rs_get_lastcommit function should have length 72. The one returned from database 'PRISE_DCO.SYBASE' for column 2 is 216. I. 2000/09/15 15:39:01. The DSI thread for database 'PRISE_DCO.SYBASE' i...

Unable to read from the 'tcpip' network connection. Unable to read 2 bytes
Hi, I am using SQL Anywhere/UltraLite 8.0.2.4285 and AppForge MobileVB 3.5.0 The synchronization for my application was working fine until I changed a download_cursor script for one table. Now I get the tcpip network connection error. The script used to be a simple select statement, but now it uses a View. I know for sure that the new script is error-free, because it works when I execute it in Interactive SQL. Is it not possible to use View in synchronization script? I am running my application from AppForge windows environment. When I sync using TCP/IP, I get a vb6.exe App...

Unable to connect to local host web server and unable to use ASP.Configuration tool
Am having trouble with Visual Web Developer 2005 express since I installed it. Have repaired it several times to no avail. Anytime I try to run or debug a project I get the message "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Local Host Web Server". I get this message how ever I try to run the browser such as F5, using run in browser commands, or using ASP.NET configuration on the web site menu option, or running debug. Every time I take one of these actions I get an icon on my task bar showing the local host and port#. The only way I can get  the browser...

Unable to finish writing to the 'tcpip' network connection. Unable to write 2 bytes
9.0.1 (2052) Any ideas why? Log follows. tia, ent_post_tb,payment_form_tb,duplicate_isbn_tb,purchase_header_tb,stock_trans_header_tb,customer_oas_tb,inventory_tb,stock_trans_item_tb,receiving_tb,purchase_item_tb,payment_item_tb,alternate_sku_tb,receiving_header_tb,invoice_header_tb,invoice_it I. 11/03 15:27:25. em_tb',CTP='TCPIP',ADR='host=172.26.136.126;port=49152' I. 11/03 15:27:25. Log scan starting at offset 0000865575 I. 11/03 15:27:25. Processing transaction logs from directory "c:\blwin32\database\" I. 11/03 15:27:25. Processing transactions fr...

Web resources about - Unable to connect, unable to start - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...