Starting ISQL from command line

I would like to start ISQL (for win95) from a 'run' command line and to
automatically connect to a specified database and then run a specified *.SQL
file. What would this command line look like ?
I know it starts as c:\sqlany50\win32\isql.exe but then I am lost.

Thanks in advance
-Frank

0
Frank

c:\sqlany50\win32\isql -c

Frank <mothra@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<mEvK4Zm48GA.175@forums.powersoft.com>...
> I would like to start ISQL (for win95) from a 'run' command line and to
> automatically connect to a specified database and then run a specified
*.SQL
> file. What would this command line look like ?
> I know it starts as c:\sqlany50\win32\isql.exe but then I am lost.
>
> Thanks in advance
> -Frank

0
Ranko

Command line ISQL
Hi. I want to load command files containing stored procedures via the command line ISQL, but I don't understand the documentation. If I use this syntax: ISQL -b -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" READ TEST.SP I am first prompted for the password (so I enter "sql"). Then, after a moment, I get this error: CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed I presume this means I have my connect information wrong, and I can certainly see that there is nothing in my...

ISQL Command Line
I'm migrating an old ASA Schema to a new one. I have stored procs that do 98% of the work. I want a batch file to start isql (I can do this part) and then READ my create proc sql files in, and then execute the newly created procs! I get ISQL running and connected to my DB, but when I try to read in any of my SQL files (with the create proc statements) I get the Stop, Continue, Exit message. If I run through the gui interface (using File|Open and Execute) everything is fine, but I want to be able to repeat this process over and over during the development and testing.phase...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

ISQL COMMAND LINE PARAMETER
Hi, Can i avoid isql prompt when reading any file.. For example, i have a file called run.sql. I passed this file as parameter to isql with -q and -c paramters.. (basically i dont want isql to be launched). But "error prompt" is displayed whenever there is an error (for eg error can be Primary key violation). How can i avoid showing the Error Prompt when executing, i just want to continue the execution'. any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Arun Dear Leo/Paul, Thank you very much, it works. Arun You need SET TEMPORARY OPTION ON_E...

ISQL command line syntax
I have used this command successfully in the NetWare 4.11 environment. load isql dbtool backup to "Vol1:backup\database" truncate transaction log noconfirm using 'uid=username;pwd=password' >& vol1:backup\backstat.txt. If I run this from my NetWare 5 server I get: sytax error dbn ^--. Does anyone no it the command line syntax for the isql NLM for version 5.5.05 Build #2509 changed from version 5.5.04 Build #1867. Thanks in advance for your help. -Chuck Try taking the space out after the using part. Thanks for all you responces. Chuck Kapigian wrote...

Command line ISQL question
ASA 7.0.4, Win2K I'm executing a set of isql commands from a windows NT .cmd file (like a ..bat file). When I do this, is each statement going to COMMIT as soon as it's done, or might it depend on other factors? Unless I'm missing something (definitely possible), it appears that unless I let the .cmd file run to completion, the statements executed up to the time I kill it are not being COMMITted, and therefore the changes aren't saved into the database. The statements are a series of 5 delete's similar to the following: dbisql -nogui -c "eng=bp_d...

Starting applications from command line?
All, I am a redhat admin and also use Ubuntu. Installed opensuse on my home machine to give it a whirl. I can't seem to figure out why i can't open gui application from the command line. I receive a GTK error when trying to open with sudo. What am i doing wrong? EDIT: NM solved my own question, had to add DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY to the sudoers file. -- markdjones82 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sudo may not be configured. I have never had any problem opening a console as a user and entering the application nam...

SQLAnywhere Command Line Syntax
I have a client running Windows NT Server v4.0, Service Pack 3, Cheyenne ARCserve v6.5, and Cognitech's Sharkware using SQL Anywhere v5.x as a backend dB. I need to find the command line syntax to gracefully shutdown the database, let ARCserve do it's back up and compare.....then the proper command line syntax to reload the database.... ARCserve allows you to run a batch file PRE and POST backup......so a simple batch file will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Mousseau Century Computer Corporation 108 Buhl Building Detroit, MI 48226 m...

Start a Build From Command Line
I know this is a long shot, but ... Is there a way to start a build from the command line? We're maintaining several applications that are dependent on some common service classes. When those services change, we have to open each application's project painter and manually execute a build. We'd like to put all those dependencies into a batch file, sort of like you'd do with a C/C++ make file. Thanks. Jack Frosch Jack, You need PowerGen from ECrane Computing. www.ecrane.com. This little utility is absolutely invaluable! Paul Horan VCI Springfield, ...

Starting extension from command line
Ok - I have my extension running. I used livehttpheaders as a template. My extension fires off from the Tools menubar. But now let's say I want to start firefox (with command line args) and open my extension as well. If I use firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul that will open my extension - but there is no firefox browser. I tried firefox & firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul but that brings up the profiles dlg box. How can I open firefox AND my extension from a shell script ? Thanks charlie schmitt wrote: > How can I open...

Command line ISQL #2
Hi I run ISQL in command line mode i.e. with the -nogui option. The problem is that any result set is limited to the first 25 rows. Can anyone tell me how to get the full result set? Is there a switch I can use to do this? TIA Jules wrote: > I run ISQL in command line mode i.e. with the -nogui option. > The problem is that any result set is limited to the first > 25 rows. Please always post the version and build number of ASA that you are using. When I run in nogui mode, I can get more than 25 rows: C:\> dbisql -c "dsn=ASA 9.0 Sample" -nogui "sele...

Command line ISQL parameters
I am trying to run a rebuild using the rebuild.bat file on SQL Anywhere 5.0. The reload runs very slow, so I want to make some changes to the way the db is started. Currently the statement is: isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dbf=%2;dbs=-q" read reload.sql I changed it to: isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dbf=%2;dbs=-q -c 39M" read reload.sql and the DB still says 2048 bytes of cache. If I run the statement: dbeng50 c:\dummy\dummy.db -c 39M then look at the db engine, it says 39936 cache. Am I entering the parameters wrong on the ISQL statement, or does the dbs ...

Command-line ISQL Question
All: I am writing an app that will be sent to different sites that must do the following: 1. Extract data from a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database to text files. There are approximately source 25 tables involved. 2. Compress these files into a single "zip" file. 3. Send this "zip" file to my site via FTP, MAPI, etc. After an initial dump of all the data, I will want to extract only deltas. I can handle this by outputting a list of deltas to a text file, reading the file and constructing and submitting multiple queries to ISQL. This will result in having to execute t...

Web resources about - Starting ISQL from command line - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Roberto Hernández (starting pitcher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... professional baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball . He was a regular part of the Cleveland Indians ' starting ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Page Admins Will Be Able To See Which Admins Wrote Posts, Comments Starting Feb. 20
... several page administrators , and there is currently no way to tell which admin was responsible for posts on the page. This may change starting ...

KSL 5 TV - Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is... - Facebook
Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is pleased to welcome Saturday Night Live to its weekly line-up, on Saturday nights at 10:30. More ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook Employees Selling Stock Starting November 1
Facebook’s plan to let employees sell vested shares at a $4 billion valuation to outside investors is going into effect November 1, Valleywag ...

Starting Blocks (@sblocks) on Twitter

Angela Ahrendts: ‘Starting Anew’
Angela Ahrendts, writing on LinkedIn: Also, trust your instincts and emotions. Let them guide you in every situation; they will not fail you. ...

Cooling housing market starting to hurt Melbourne apartment buyers
About half of Melbourne off-the-plan apartments are now worth less than was paid for them.

Police May Confiscate Guns without Notice Starting January 1
Beginning January 1, California police may confiscate firearms from gun owners perceived to be dangerouswithout giving the owner notice.