sqlanywhere ODBC error

I had a strange problem with crystal report 5.0. I create a stored
proc in sybase SQLAnywhere. When I try to insert it into crystal report,
I got an error:

ODBC error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]An invalid ibScale value was
specified

The stored procedure I try to insert has one parameter char(10). If
I changed the parameter type to decimal(10), it works fine.

Platform: window95
version: sqlanywhere 5.5.02
Anybody see this before? Any suggestion?
0
Pei

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

CrystalReport 8.5 and SQLAnywhere 10 ODBC Error
Hi to all. I have several Reports (Crystal Reports 8.5). These Reports are connected via ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 10 Database. If I try to refresh the report I get an Error like "... invalid Keyword near 'DBQ'". If I use an ODBC witch uses Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 it works without an error. How can I solve this problem ? Regards Michael Meyer Sounds similair as the problem I post to this newsgroup at 8-7-2008 10:07. You have to use the client version of SQL Anywhere 10 (dbodbc10.dll). Good luck Hans <Michael Meyer> wrote in message news:487...

CrystalReport 8.5 and SQLAnywhere 10 ODBC Error
Hi to all. I have several Reports (Crystal Reports 8.5). These Reports are connected via ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 10 Database. If I try to refresh the report I get an Error like "... invalid Keyword near 'DBQ'". If I use an ODBC witch uses Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 it works without an error. How can I solve this problem ? Regards Michael Meyer > Hi to all. > > I have several Reports (Crystal Reports 8.5). > These Reports are connected via ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 10 > Database. > > If I try to refresh the report I get an Error like &...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

SqlAnywhere ODBC
My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is 5.05.02.1495. Is there a later version and if so where can I download it? Thanks in advance... Phillip McNeill The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com. You will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that page. The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you install the product and not just copy that one file. /ck <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message news:C1B4F7C79FAC0706000B165B85256A7C.000B166C85256A7C@webforums... > My cur...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

SQLAnywhere ODBC Driver
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of text that can be returned from the database? I am using the 5.05? version of SQLAnywhere (driver w0d50t.dll dated 12-18-96) with Cold Fusion. It appears that once a a char(500) field contains over a certain amount of text, the ODBC driver returns nothing. Mary Ellen There was a problem with Power++ and SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 where it had problems with strings over 127 characters. 5.5.04 resolved that problem. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX ...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

SQLANYwhere syntax error
what is wrong with this statement ? select role_id, if role_id = 1 print 'administrator' from dbo.users; syntax error near 'print' hi, aj the correct syntax is // this for stored procedure create procedure dbo.type_rols() as declare @type_rol varchar(255) select role_id, if role_id = 1 then 'administrator' else 'no adm' endif print @type_rol AJ Speller <aspeller@scn.spawar.navy.mil> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias 37E7A9AC.D5E8BD1F@scn.spawar.navy.mil... > what is wrong with this statement ? >...

Error 08003 in SQLAnywhere
We're running SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.1 as a remote database server to some ColdFusion applications. We get the occasional 08003 error - not connected to database, which a refresh of the screen will always fix. This problem doesn't occur if the database and cold fusion server are on the same machine, so it's a problem between client and server. What settings should I modify to get the client-server bond a bit more reliable? The connection is over TCP/IP and the two machines are on the same 100MBit LAN. Thanks for any help! Alex Answered on other thread. -...

Errors Ignoring in SQLAnywhere
Hello. Does anyone know either the SQLCODE or SQLSTATE for REMOTE_STATEMENT_FAILED, described in the Manual at th bottom of the first page of Chapter 11/ "Administering SQL Remote for SQL Anywhere". That would rule ! Lirvin Alexander, JSC Unect 1999. 5RW09 SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 6. SQL Anywhere Reference CHAPTER 44. SQL Anywhere Database Error Messages Error messages index by SQLSTATE Here is an example on how to use it. 5.5.01 and below, when DBRemote encountered an RI error it would stop. Since most people want it to continue and report the...

ODBC/Watcom/sqlanywhere
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking, but: I've been asked to create an application that pulls data out of one custom application and puts it into another custom application. The source application appears to be using watcom SQL 32 (RT32W.exe 10/12/93) as it's database driver (I have no documentation from the source application). The target application is an Access97 database. I can see the Watcom ODBC data source in the 16 bit ODBC setup in Windows95. I can link to the tables in the data source with Access 2.0 with no problems (via ODBC). Access97 wa...

Web resources about - sqlanywhere ODBC error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere