SQL-AnyWhere for Linux?

Hi,
some weeks ago, I read that there is a version of SQL-Anywhere for Linux.
Now I'm interested in - and could not find it again.

Is there any version for Linux? Will you ever create one? Or will the
unix-version run with linux?
Linux would be a very cheap instead of Microsoft - and is much easier to
duplicate.

Thank's for any comments.

Frank
FrankSteinmann@t-online.de

0
Frank

>some weeks ago, I read that there is a version of SQL-Anywhere for Linux.
>Now I'm interested in - and could not find it again.

>Is there any version for Linux? Will you ever create one? Or will the
>unix-version run with linux?
>Linux would be a very cheap instead of Microsoft - and is much easier to
>duplicate.

There is not a version of SA/ASA for Linux.  It is reportedly under consideration.

There IS a version of ASE (A.S. Enterprise) for Linux.  It is free, but unsupported.  You should be
able to find it on www.sybase.com.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill

Runnink Mobilink on linux with SQL Anywhere DB on same linux
Hi, I am trying to run a Mobilink 11.0.1 server on a Linux box with an SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 consolidaed database on the same box. The database is starting without any problem but I have problem launching mobiink to connect to the database. I run mobilink with the following command : mlsrv11 -c "UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=mysserver;DBN=mydatabase;DBF=/opt/db/mydatabase.db" -o "/opt/db/mlserver.log" -os 1048600 -dl -v+ -zu+ -fr -ud The server doesn't start and the log says : .... E. 2009-09-24 13:58:05. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC e...

Migrate SQL Server 2005 to SQL Anywhere 11 Linux
New to Sybase and tools, and SQL Server. Does anyone have instructions/steps to migrate a SQL Server 2005 windows database to SQL Anywhere 11 Linux? Can a product called PowerDesigner do it and are there any documented steps? Are there any documented approaches or tools or steps? Task is to get SQL Servers (tables, procs, functions, whole thing) to Anywhere 11 ASAP. Basically lift database from Microsoft vendor solution to instead a Sybase vendor solution. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0047_01CACC0A.2BAFC800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset...

help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6?
I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks, Mairi Reyer >I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it >be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? I haven't heard anything about that. >Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

Sql Anywhere and Linux
it would be possible to use the server of SQLANYEWHERE in the linux ? Thanks Abner Graham Jacobsen SQL Anywhere will not run on Linux. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX It will Now!! http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,1013765,00.html -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Jim Egan wrote in message ... > >SQL Anywhere will not run on Linux. >-- >Jim Egan [TeamPS] >Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com >Houston, TX Oh? Won't i...

Sql anywhere for linux
hello.. Sorry, dont speak inglish......but I need your help.... I need run SQL Anywhere 7 in linux....please help mi...... thank's you. -- Jorge Fontana Rosario, Santa fe. Argentina Jorge Fontana wrote: > Sorry, dont speak inglish......but I need your help.... > I need run SQL Anywhere 7 in linux....please help mi...... Do you have SQLAnywhere 7.x for Linux and you want to know how to run it? Or are you looking for the software? Have you purchased licenses for it? Which distro and version of Linux are you using? greg.fenton -- ...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

SQL Anywhere on Linux
A couple of weeks ago, Jim Egan posted a link to an announcement that SQL Anywhere Studio has been released on Linux. (Here's the link again, in case you missed it the first time.) http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/990614/ca_sybase__1.html I'm in the process of installing Red Hat Linux 6.0 on one of my machines, and have a couple of questions: 1. Is this SQL Anywhere as in v5.5.04, now available for Linux, or is this the ASA (6.0) product? 2. The announcement says it is compatible with Red Hat Linux 5.1 and 5.2. Does anybody know for a fact that it _will_not_ work for Red Ha...

SQL Anywhere for Linux!
On Feb 1 Sybase released a press announcement that Sybase expects to deliver a beta version of SQL Anywhere Studio for Linux in the first quarter of 1999, and that it will have the full technical support of Sybase's other core platforms. This is as close a statement of Linux direction that I have seen from Sybase. This gives serious developers a database that will be fully supported into the future, unlike ASE, which is not. This is great news! The lack of official direction on ASE, and the promised release of SQL Anywhere Studio for Linux as a fully supported product should g...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

Web resources about - SQL-AnyWhere for Linux? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

SAP gives SQL Anywhere a fresh IoT injection
SAP's SQL Anywhere has long served as an embeddable database option for mobile devices, but the rise of the Internet of Things has opened up ...

SAP gives SQL Anywhere a new IoT injection