Problem connecting 2 db's from the same machine, 1 db is in a NT Server the other db is in Novell...

Hi!!!

I'm using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Build #1867

I have one database in a NT Server.
Another database is in Novell.

From the same computer I'm trying to connect to both databases. I can
connect to one and each database pretty well.
If, I try to open both databases I can't.

These are the ODBC settings:

I'm using dbclient.exe -x tcpip to connect to the NT server database.
I'm using dbclient.exe -x ipx to connect to Novell server database.

It is possible to connect to this databases from the same machine???

Let me know If I need to provide you with more information...

Jos� R. Rivera
407-829-4247

0
Jose

Try this:

DBCLIENT -x IPX,TCPIP

OR

DBCLIENT -x IPX,TCPIP{HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} server1
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

-x IPX,TCPIP
-n RIVERA
C:\DB1\JOSE1.DB -n JOSE1
D:\DB2\JOSE2.DB -n JOSE2

And in the ODBC-settings you make sure that it contains the following:
[Jose1]
DataBaseName=JOSE1
EngineName=RIVERA
Start=dbclient.exe -x tcpip

[Jose2]
DataBaseName=JOSE2
EngineName=RIVERA
Start=dbclient.exe -x ipx

Best regards,
Thomas Sandberg, GraFu

Jose Rivera wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
> I'm using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Build #1867
>
> I have one database in a NT Server.
> Another database is in Novell.
>
> From the same computer I'm trying to connect to both databases. I can
> connect to one and each database pretty well.
> If, I try to open both databases I can't.
>
> These are the ODBC settings:
>
> I'm using dbclient.exe -x tcpip to connect to the NT server database.
> I'm using dbclient.exe -x ipx to connect to Novell server database.
>
> It is possible to connect to this databases from the same machine???
>
> Let me know If I need to provide you with more information...
>
> Jos� R. Rivera
> 407-829-4247

0
Thomas

I have 5 db's running in 1 server, how do i tell the 5 clients which db to connect to
I have 5 db's running in 1 server, how do i tell the 5 clients which db to connect to. Each client will only connect to one particular DB. i.g. client1 to db1, client2 to db2, and so on. ALso, can I run the 5 db's in one instance , or do I have to have 5 instances in the server? Thanks a lot. You simply have to name the databases. When the server starts a database, it's given a logical name--either from one provided by the start command, or by defaulting it from the database file's name. In your connection string or DSN, specify the server AND database nam...

How many db's in one db-server ?
How many databases can be runned safely by one database server ? Are there any limits or things to know ? Hans "Safely" is a pretty vague word. The server itself will not allow you to run more than 255 databases at once (it might be 254, I never remember). The way your application uses these databases is going to have the largest impact on whether this is practical or not. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.i...

Synching mobile db with server db's
What facilities does PocketBuilder provide for synching data between the ASA db on the handheld device and a server based DB? For example, is it difficult (for the developer) to have the APP synch between ASA on the mobile and say, Oracle or SQL Server? Can this synch be performed over the internet? Thanks, Mac Hi, Pretty easy. It's Mobilink what you are going to use and there is a lot of documentation out there on the to help you. for example: MobiLink synchronization with Oracle databases http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/ask_d_xbert/mobilink_oracle.html...

ActiveX Data Objects, ODBC, Intersolv's DB/2 MVS driver, Open Client/Server 10.0.4, MDI 2.05 for NT and my suffering
I am trying in vain to get the following to work Visual Basic 5.0 SP3 ActiveX Data Objects (w/ MDAC 2.0) ODBC 3.5 Intersolv's DB/2 MVS driver 2.12.0002 Open Client/Server 10.0.4 MDI GW for DB/2 MVS on NT 2.05 Sometimes ( I know, I hate saying 'sometimes') DB/2 decimal columns are not returned in my ADOR or ADODB.RecordSet. Also, if I get (non fatal) warning messages from DB/2, ADO seems to ignore them (which i'd prefer it not do) Does anyone know of any issues from the Sybase/Intersolv end of this issue ?? Any and all help would be appreciated Thank you...

Many db's / few tables vs. Few Db's / many tables
Our infrastructure group had a consultant come in for an eval. Currently, one development group who support many different groups create a database per group (sales, etc). The consultant said that this was inefficient, and that we should combine all of the databases into one database. The Infrastructure group now wants us to use one db for everything. Does anyone have any thoughts on the advantages / disadvantages of these approaches. It depends what "everything" is.  If you are mixing sales data, manufacturing data, security data, then I would still create a number of sma...

Connecting to a DB Server
I want to connect to a MS SQL Server (using dbExpress) - but I don't want to connect to a particular database right away. Basically I want to connect to the database - get a list of the databases - filter it - and then let the user choose which DB to connect to. I could connect to something like the Master DB - and then run the query to get the list of DBs - but I was wondering how others do this? Bradley Hi Bradley, when you connect to a SQL Server without choosing a database you automaticly connect to the master database. to get the databses from the server you...

upgrade from 2.18 to 2.2 fails with DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'bug_status' already exists at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 502 & more
Tried this with the full package and via CVS...same error both ways. ./checksetup.pl Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.56 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.05 Checking for Data::Dumper (any) ok: found v2.121 Checking for Date::Format (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for DBI (v1.38) ok: found v1.48 Checking for File::Spec (v0.84) ok: found v0.87 Checking for File::Temp (any) ok: found v0.14 Checking for Template (v2.08) ok: found v2.13 Checking for Text::Wrap (v2...

Re: upgrade from 2.18 to 2.2 fails with DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'bug_status' already exists at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 502 & more
Uh oh seg fault: ../checksetup.pl Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.56 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.05 Checking for Data::Dumper (any) ok: found v2.121 Checking for Date::Format (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for DBI (v1.38) ok: found v1.48 Checking for File::Spec (v0.84) ok: found v0.87 Checking for File::Temp (any) ok: found v0.14 Checking for Template (v2.08) ok: found v2.13 Checking for Text::Wrap (v2001.0131) ok: found v2001.09291 Checking for Mail:...

Can Mobilink be used for syncronizing 2 oracle db's using a temp ASA db ?
"Steen Jakobsen" <sj@dmsoftware.dk> wrote in news:Vy77dqwuCHA.344 @forums.sybase.com: Can you flush this out a bit more with an example. I dont fully understand what you are attempting. -- David Fishburn NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8 Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with EACH post (dbeng8 -v). EBFs and Maintenance Releases http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Developer Community / Whitepapers http://www.ianywhere.com/...

DB's in NGWGaurd.db file
--____FQNOZZHWNVIKUMJHUWDJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 16 Nov 2007 06:08:30 -0500" QW55IHdheSB0byBsaXN0IHRoZSBkYXRhYmFzZSBmaWxlcyBpbiB0aGUgTkdXR1VBUkQuZGIgZmls ZT8gIEFueSBzdXBwb3J0IG9wdGlvbnMgaW4gR1dDSEVDSyB0byBkbyB0aGlzPw0KDQpEYXZl --____FQNOZZHWNVIKUMJHUWDJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____NZLLTROGOQSNSYLPKGXP____" --____NZLLTROGOQSNSYLPKGXP____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposi...

Multiple DB/2 M/F databases in 1 DB/2 dataspace
When connecting to DB/2 on the mainframe using DB2 Connect, how do you specify which of several databases in the DB/2 region contains the stored procedure that you wish to execute? We are working with PB 6.5.1 on NT 4.0 SP 5, Mainframe is running DB/2 5 Phil Yandel Consultant, Business Analyst Household International Philip.C.Yandel@household.com (630)350-6160 The stored procs transcend databases in DB2 as there's just one set of system tables for the whole subsystem. On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:46:13 -0500, "Phil Yandel" <philip.c.yandel@household.nospam.com>...

replication between one 'up' db and one 'down' db
Hi, All: We have primary db and secondary db (both of them are running ASE 11.9.2), and they are residing on two different servers. A replications server is set up from primary to secondary db(which is set up as warm standby). Is it possible to keep the replication going while the secondary db is set as 'unavailable (or down)' so that no user would be able to access the secondary db? The DBAs tried to set the secondary db as 'dbo only', but it's still available to the users (just no accces). If the SQL interface file on client machine has multiple query lines ...

How to Enable DB Connection Pooling in PB 10.5, connecting to ASA 9.0.2 DB
Hi, What should be parameter for enabling connection pooling in Powerbuilder 10.5, I want to connect to ASA 9.0.2 database through its ODBC driver. Ravi Nath There is no inherent connection pooling for the ASA odbc driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! ...

2 SQLAnywhere 5 db's with the same name
Hello, I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've made some database modifications and I'm now trying to update my new database from a copy of the old database. My problem is, it appears that I cannot have 2 dbs with the same name on the same system. I've deleted and recreated the log files, but I guess it somehow gets screwed up and will only allow me to connect to one or the other. I've been playing with making another database thru Sybase Central, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. I want to connect to both dbs and pipeli...

Web resources about - Problem connecting 2 db's from the same machine, 1 db is in a NT Server the other db is in Novell... - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...