Problem connecting 2 databases in the same machine. One database is running in a LAN the other in WAN, both are using NT SERVER...

Hi!!!!

SQL ANYWHERE 5.5.04 Build #1867.

It is possible to connect from one machine to two databases, one in a LAN
another in a WAN???

I can open my WAN database alone, only.
I can open my LAN database alone, only.

But, If I have the WAN open and try to open the LAN db I get a connection
error.
If I have a LAN open and try to connect to my db in the WAN. I get a
connection error.

Is this possible? Do I need some special parameters???

Jos� R. Rivera

0
Jose

Did you try the things I suggested in my reply to your Saturday mail?

Regards,
Thomas Sandberg, GraFu AB

Jose Rivera wrote:

> Hi!!!!
>
> SQL ANYWHERE 5.5.04 Build #1867.
>
> It is possible to connect from one machine to two databases, one in a LAN
> another in a WAN???
>
> I can open my WAN database alone, only.
> I can open my LAN database alone, only.
>
> But, If I have the WAN open and try to open the LAN db I get a connection
> error.
> If I have a LAN open and try to connect to my db in the WAN. I get a
> connection error.
>
> Is this possible? Do I need some special parameters???
>
> Jos� R. Rivera

0
Thomas

Problem connecting to 2 database servers from one client machine
We are using SQLAnywhere network server ver. 5.5.03, build# 1666. For client connections we are using SQLAynwhere Network Requestor ( DBCLIENT.exe) ver. 5.5.0, build# 1073. The protocol used is TCPIP We have 2 SQLAywhere servers installed on 2 different machines on the network. We have no trouble connecting to these servers from client softwares like ISQL or SQL Central or our own Visual Basic application , as long as we are only connecting to one of the servers. However, if we are connected to one server and try to connect to the other server from the same of different client app...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

2 database engines, 2 database files, one Server?
For whatever beaurocratic reason, we have been forced to use one NT Server for two databases in an installation of a Delphi/SQLA application. Sybase recommends installing two databases under one engine, but at the time, this was not an option. During the configuration of the services, SQLA complained that running two instances of the DBENG50 was not recommended but allowed the setup to continue. The end result is that both services are up and running on one NT server. Users are allowed to connect, no problem, business as usual. ....BUT The users are getting impatient with t...

Problem connecting to 2 SQLAnywhere servers from one client machine
We are using SQLAnywhere network server ver. 5.5.03, build# 1666. For client connections we are using SQLAynwhere Network Requestor ( DBCLIENT.exe) ver. 5.5.0, build# 1073. The protocol used is TCPIP We have 2 SQLAywhere servers installed on 2 different machines on the network. We have no trouble connecting to these servers from client softwares like ISQL or SQL Central or our own Visual Basic application , as long as we are only connecting to one of the servers. However, if we are connected to one server and try to connect to the other server from the same of different client app...

Using 2 connections to 2 ASE-databases using SYC adapative server enterprice driver
Help! I have a problem making 2 ASE database connections in 1 application. I use a default transaction object SQLCA to connect to 1 ASE database and a self-defined transaction object to connect to the other database. It is not possible to save such an application, because when I make a connection in Powerbuilder to both databases via an SYC Adaptive Server Enterprise driver en then save it, the tables of the not active database are not reckognized. When I make a connection via the ODBC driver it works, but other error messages occur. What is the problem with connection to 2 ASE d...

How to connect to 2 database using one Connection at a time
Just assume,I have 2 databases configured in single sql server and each database contains one table. Now my requirement is to join these 2 tables which are in 2 different database. This is something like under .\sqlexpress we can see many database like Northwing,DB1 and DB2  etc.... Now i want to join 2 tables from different databases. Here i know the SQL join query but my problem is to create the Connection string....i dont know how to create one connection string that connects to these 2 database and gives me the output.Am trying it in  VB6 ........

How to run ExecuteNonQuery to 2 diff Databases, 2 diff Servers in One TransactionScope through MSDTC
I understand from what I've been told that if you have the following below, you get an error because if you're making calls to databases on 2 different server (therefore different domains), you get an error back from MSDTC because it's cross domain?  I need to figure out how to get msdtc to manage the transaction scope so that it allows calls to happen across different databases and database servers.Since I don't have a DAL right now to mess around with, I can only give you an example of some skeleton code that is common to this type of scenario that probably most of you...

Running 2 database servers on the same machine
I am currently running 2 databases (that are named the same) on two different Server 2000 servers. The database server names are different on each 2000 server. Is there a way that I can access both databases through an exe without having to log out of one and into the other? Right now, I get the message that it can't find the second database, while I have the first on opened. I am currently running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05. I think it is more client programming issue... What kind of interface do you use? In terms of ODBC I use something like: ---------- SQLAllocHandle(SQL...

I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client to Linux ASA server
I downloaded the current asaeval7linuxrh6.tar Adaptive Server Anywhere for Linux, installed it and it's up and running on Linux, but I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client (I also have the latest windows ASA ODBC) to Linux ASA server. The ODBC driver is configured correctly on the NT client (as far as I've read). The Adaptive Sever Aywhere engine is up and running on the linux machine because I can query it using dbisqlc. The command I've used to start the database is: "dbeng7 -x tcpip asademo.db". I...

Simultaneous WAN and LAN Database Connectivity #2
Hi all, We have database servers running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 database on Windows NT over LAN and WAN. When I first connect to a WAN database from a Powerbuilder 6.5 profile it connects and then I opened another instance of Powerbuilder 6.5 on the same machine and try connecting over a LAN database it connects. ie at this point of time two PB instances and two database connections from the same machine are alive. But if I try to do it vice versa ie first over LAN and then WAN it connects the LAN database from the first instance of PB but the WAN database connection doesn't come ...

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

Connect 2 databases on 2 servers ???
 Hi, If you have  2 databases with the exact same table columns, and in the first database in a table column the indentidy seed starts at 1 and finishes at 32,000 can you attatch a second database so that the indentity starts at 32,001and carries on. What happens if you create a site and run out of disk space and need to attach another database which is located on another server??? I am really confused about this.Hope someone can give some links to some articles about this as I can't find any information about it.How can this be done? Thanks Success com...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

Web resources about - Problem connecting 2 databases in the same machine. One database is running in a LAN the other in WAN, both are using NT SERVER... - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting to Community Graduation YouTube 1080p - YouTube
(Sioux Falls, S.D.) Forty-six seniors have graduated from trying to find the power button to now being avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr ...