PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use

Hi,

    i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second
connection from an other client:

Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use

I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one
seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message !

Thank you for any help !

Andr�

0
Andr

This may be a limitation of the web server you are using, particularly if
you are using the Personal Web Server shipped with the product.  The PWS is
intended to be used for developement of your web site on a single machine
(or for single-user use on a laptop), and not intended to be used as an
enterprise-wide web server.

--
Reg Domaratzki
Sybase iAnywhere Solutions

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

"Andr� Treffeisen" <andre.treffeisen@cmg.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a
second
> connection from an other client:
>
> Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use
>
> I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for
one
> seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message !
>
> Thank you for any help !
>
> Andr�

0
Reg

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!!
Hi All We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.". But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

Maximum number of connection caches
I set the mximum number of connection caches to 20. But, to play it save, I want to set it to a bigger number. Then that would taking more Jaguar source. So please anyone can suggest : what is the maximum number of connection caches allowed in Jaguar setup, with that not affect its performance. Thanks, Jack How long is a piece of string? ;-) General rule is set it high enough that you dont use all your connections and interfere with other apps ( if any ) and set the cache to JAG_CM_FORCE so that you can go above your cache but they will be disconncted when finsihed. ...

PowerDynamo using Connection Profile
We are using the power dynamo for our server side db queries. For one set the queries which happens very regularly for performance reasons we want to use the site connection profile. This works if we are running the connection profile script under the PowerDynamo central manager but _not_ when the request comes from a client, passing through the Webserver. We have NT 4 and standard MS web Server. Any suggestion is appreciated. Farjad Farid ...

connecting to sqlanywhere using ASP
How do I use ASP to connect with SQLAnywhere. If some one could give me direction or books that would help me to write what I need. I would appreciate it. Thanks Newbegin ...

Number of connections using MSDTC
I am using MSDTC like coordinator of transactions. Everything works correctly, but I observe that each call to a procedure creates a connection (transaction) to SQLServer, with which in some processes get to exist 200 active ones more. Using a cache of connections, it is normal? It would have to use JTS/JTA like coordinator of transactions? Jose Thanks. I found the problem. It is that when connecting it used: // active event SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='Nemesis' SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA...

Maximum Number of Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

Web resources about - PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use - sybase.sqlanywhere.general