odbc connection via access

Has anyone ever experienced the following.  When using MS Access with
read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a
table displayed?  Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are
only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine.  Any
suggestions.  It's version 5.5.04.

0
jtd

If you have written a query with multiple tables you may have left off
the necessary syntax to join the tables in a logical way.  If you leave
off the join syntax you'll get a Cartesian join which joins every row
with every other row from each table.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
5/18/2000 2:56:13 AM
There is only one table being accessed and no query is being run against
it, just an opening of the table.

Jim Egan wrote:

> If you have written a query with multiple tables you may have left off
> the necessary syntax to join the tables in a logical way.  If you leave
> off the join syntax you'll get a Cartesian join which joins every row
> with every other row from each table.
> --
> Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
> Houston, TX
> http://www.eganomics.com
>
> Sybase Developers Network
> http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
jtd
5/18/2000 3:32:45 PM
jtd wrote:

> Has anyone ever experienced the following.  When using MS Access with
> read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a
> table displayed?  Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are
> only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine.  Any
> suggestions.  It's version 5.5.04.

I'm scraping the bottom of my brain cells here, but you might want to
look into how Access deals with case-insensitive searches. As you know,
SQLA defaults to case-insensitive searches unless you change the
database option to do otherwise. We had this problem with the Borland
Database Engine; my partner modified the default SQLA (Dic850)
dictionary and we specified it in the BDE LANGDRIVER option. And no, I
don't know what modification he made. If somebody could refresh my
memory about how to extract the dictionary to an ascii file, I could
probably run a delta between what we're using and sademo.db.

HTH,
Kathleen
0
Kathleen
5/18/2000 5:08:43 PM
I don't know what else the problem could be.  I don't use access.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
5/19/2000 2:12:05 AM
Hello

I also had the same problem with ASA 6.0.3
But in my case only some recods where dublicated.
How I remember it was related with field, and with his index.

Linas Kavolius

"jtd" <jdombrow@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever experienced the following.  When using MS Access with
> read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a
> table displayed?  Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are
> only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine.  Any
> suggestions.  It's version 5.5.04.

0
Linas

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

SqlAnywhere 9.0 Connection Failed ODBC via network TCP/IP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4aab6840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am currently developing a web using ASP.NET with the requirement to connect to a SqlAnywhere 9.0 database server via network, not LOCAL pc.The problem is i have write a simple test program in .NET, it work in Local pc but when i wish to connect to the other database server locate in other pc in the network, the connection could not establish. I have attached the print screen that i am using the ODBC connection, wh...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Connecting via ODBC
After re-installing IM, my login for the ODBC connection is different. Previously, whether connecting via ODBC or Oracle drivers, a simple login window popped up. Now, instead, a Select Data Source window pops up first, followed by Microsoft ODBC Login for Oracle (after selecting a machine data source in the first window). I know some users have to go through this login, while others simply get one login window. Is there any rhyme or reason and can I configure my machine or IM install to only use the one login window, instead of having to select a data source each time? ...

Access ODBC connection
Part of the funtionality in the app I'm building is connecting to a remote Access database and retrieving monthly billing data. In configuring the ODBC connection, I had to use the 'User DSN' tab rather than the 'System DSN' tab. This limits who can login to my app and successfully get the data from Access. Only the user the ODBC connection is configured for is able to do it. PowerBuilder just didn't recognize the connection if it wasn't a User DSN. Is this a limitation I just have to live with? Or is there a workaround? Thanks for any help in advance...

ODBC Connection to Access
Im connecting a Sybase SQL Anywhere database in Access97 using ODBC. When I try to update the recordset I get the follwong error: "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation (-98) " I have changed the permissions on the database and removed "Read Only" Any Ideas? Authentication violations usually indicate that you are using a third party product and they have restricted the use of the db engine to their product. Is this true? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX...

Error ODBC 999
I have crerated a datawindow based on a DB2/4000 database. I have no problem accessing/retrieving/updating data when runnning application under PB dev. environment. When I generate an .exe application, I have the following message : "Select error: An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver". In the odbc log file i have the following error : "Error 999 (rc -1) : An error occured..." Did you experienced such a problem ? Thanks for your help. ...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Connection Pooling via ODBC
I am using sql Anywhere v5.5. I am creating a web app that uses com components. I had read that you can get connection pooling via odbc for free how ever this doens't seem to work with sqlany. I have all the same connect info, user, pwd, datasource name.... but every time a component tries to connect it creates a new connection. Thanks Rich M. SA 5.5 only supports ODBC the 2.5 specification. I believe connection pooling is not supported until the ODBC 3.0 spec (though I could be wrong). Anyway, ASA 6.0 supports the ODBC 3.5 specification and has implemented connection poo...

Web resources about - odbc connection via access - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...