new line character in a result set

Hi
I try this
select 'First line:\nSecond line:';output to d:\temp\test.txt and the result
is'First line:\x0ASecond line:'Tried with char(10)+char(13).How can I make
the result set that:First lineSecond LimeTIARegardsVesselin

0
Veselin

First Line
Second Line

TIA

"Veselin Ivanov" <vs@sonita.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I try this
> select 'First line:\nSecond line:';output to d:\temp\test.txt and the
> result is'First line:\x0ASecond line:'Tried with char(10)+char(13).How can
> I make the result set that:First lineSecond LimeTIARegardsVesselin

0
Veselin
7/14/2005 6:22:50 PM
For as-is output with no extra formatting, try this:

output to d:\temp\test.txt DELIMITED BY '' HEXADECIMAL ASIS QUOTE '';

Breck

PS In the book (see below), this is a "Tip" on page 164; a similar tip
is presented for UNLOAD SELECT.

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20

How to force a new line to keep one line only have 10 characters?
For example, user may input text as below: AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC But to make it as: AAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCC string wholeLine = "AAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCC";List<string> lines = new List<string>();while ( wholeline.Length > 0){    if (wholeline.length >= 10)    {        lines.Add( wholeline.Substring(0, 10);        wholeline = wholeline.Substring (10);    }    else    {       &nb...

from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET
------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, Does someone know how to easily convert a file=20 from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET? A line, for example, from: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=E2=80=A1=C3=A4es\Aquarium.zip To: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=C3=A7=C3=B5es\Aquarium.zip Thanks in advance, Josimar ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60-- ...

New Line Character
i using mysql connect to database and found data like "abcde fgh" how to convert this string from two line into one line? and result become "abcdefgh"  hello friend, suppose your string is called myString= "abcde fgh" and then use myString.Replace(System.Enviornment.NewLine,"") hope it helps, Jessica  Jessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other comm...

New line character
I am writing code (VS2008/C#) that reads text file and passes the file data to SQL Server Procedure. I am reading data of file in StreamReader and passing as Input Parameter to procedure. I need to pass the New Line character also to the procedure. 1. The New Line character can be chr(13) & chr(10) or only chr(10). How to check this in C#?2. How to pass New Line character to SQL Procedure? Thanks    Try using Environment.NewLine Hanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il Environment.NewLine returns the new line defined in the environment. I nee...

new line character
Is there a way to insert a "new line/carriage control" in a varchar column? <Ctrl><Enter> keys work with a text column but just tabs to next control on a varchar column. Tried ~r~n but that just stores/prints the text ~r~n. Seems that <ctrl><enter> used to work in the app. PB 7.02 9028 You can use char(10) + char(13) to get the cr/lf -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Mike> wrote in message...

setting a character set
HiIn a security book i'm reading it says i should always set a character set for a web pagee.g. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />How do i do this?Is this characeter set achieved by the following in the web.config or do i need to do something else <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />Thanks a lotandrea...

Invalid Characters in RSS feed results in System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 541, position 404
Hi, I'm writing a webpage that saves the articles from an RSS feed into a SQL database. However, if I try to load the Pocket-Link.co.uk news feed (http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/rss.phtml?type=news) into a XMLDocument I get the following exception:  System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 541, position 404. It fails when trying to do the following: rssDoc.Load(rssStream); If I use IE7 to look at the feed it also errors and doesn't display ... Internet Explorer cannot display this feed - This feed contains code errors. However, Firefox DOES displ...

new line character in the validation
Hi, I have a radiobuttonlist repeatdirection horizontally, and I have a requirefieldvalitor against this field with *. However, when the user miss the field and a red * is outputed, but it goes to the next line. I want them to be on the same line. How can I do that? Thanks. post some code? There may not be enough space on the line for it to go there so it automatically goes to the next line Actually there are still a lot of space on the line. here's the code.  <asp:RadioButtonList ID="GenderSelect" runat="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" ...

New Line Character(s)
Greetings. I've got some Perl code that's inserting data into a MySQL, which is later being read & displayed by MS Access. I'm constructing a note, and I'm using: \n for new lines - to break up paragraphs. However, in Access, these \n characters appear as little boxes instead of new lines. What should I use to get Access to display a new line? -- Daniel Kasak IT Developer NUS Consulting Group Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060 T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989 email: dkasak@nusconsulting.com.au website: http:...

how to print result in new line
suppose if i create a for loop from 1 to 100 the result should print like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and so on..... how to do this Are you trying to print on the screen or printer?If its screen then you can usefor i = 1 to 100 Response.write (i & "<br />")next i Printers might need you to use similar technique to add linefeed Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue for (int count = 1; count <= 100; count++) {Response.Write(count.ToString() + "&...

Crossplatform new line character
I need to split a caption of a TCheckBox in two lines at a specific place. So, I set CheckBox1.WordWrap to True, adjust its height and sofar OK, if the text is long enough, it wraps to a second line. Q1: I can't figure out how to enter a carriage return, line feed or both in the object inspector. Is it possible? A workaround is to define a string const: const CR = #$0D; cbCaption = 'The text that needs to' + CR + 'wrap around'; and then in the forms OnCreate assign it to CheckBox1.Caption I also tested with LF = #$0A and CRLF = CR + LF, and on Windows al...

how to skip new line character
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C49666.30D23690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All As a beginner in PERL, I wrote a small program which reads data from the = file and stores in an array. In that process i wanted to skip the new = line character... for ex: In my program say "a.txt" contains man pan tan In the program open INPUT,"a.txt" or die $!; my @file =3D <INPUT>; when I print the file, I could see $file[2] and $file[4] has only new = line character... So while...

New Line character in a String
I want to create a string which contains a new line character. In Powerbuilder, I would use '~n' but what do I use within a stored procedure in ASE 12.0? I'm trying to create a mulit-line error message that is passed back from the stored procedure to the Powerbuilder front-end. select @message = 'Line1~n Line 2 ~n Line 3" should display like this: Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Thanks! select @message = "Line 1" + char(10) + "Line 2" + char(10) + "Line 3" select @message RM wrote: > I want to create a string which co...

New line character in XML
HI Friends, I am in a deep trouble. If u help me in this issue, it will be greatful. Requirement is as below. I am having a grid which will be bind to a datatable. i will have to show tooltips on the column headers of this gridview. I have an XML file which contains the content for these tooltips. i have written a method which takes a string as a parameter, which is the column name of the gridview. Based on this string that we have passed, the method will pick the content for the tooltip from the XML file and display. But i have a problem here. Here the content of the tooltip can ...

Web resources about - new line character in a result set - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

Please make a Muslim hero character, J. J. Abrams, – we need it
Bringing a Muslim to Star Trek or Star Wars would continue your proud tradition of going boldly where no one has gone before.

In sport, as in life, character is the test
This year has seen the good and the bad, the epic and the ineffectual, the grubby and the golden.

The banker who inspired Christian Bale's character in 'The Big Short' sent his Birkenstocks to Bale so ...
'The Big Short' actors discuss their interactions with the real people behind the characters they portray on screen. Follow BI Video: On Facebook ...

Home Alone's Daniel Stern Has Hilarious In Character Response To Macaulay Culkin
... this month, Macaulay Culkin set the Internet on fire by releasing a video where he played a grown-up, deranged version of his Home Alone character ...

All the character themes in SFV
... sure how the audio in this installment was shaping up. Turns out it's in good hands. You can listen to the extended themes for every character ...

With Diverse Characters, 'The Force Awakens' Has Great Success While Practicing Inclusive Casting
There was an immediate racist backlash when trailers for 'The Force Awakens' were first released showing John Boyega as a prominent character. ...

Twenty Years of Quentin Tarantino Characters Saying "Nigger" in Twenty Minutes
... of Tarantino’s varied and contradictory defenses of his use of the word. He also produced this video, a supercut of every instance of a character ...

We Now Know the Backstory of Greg Grunberg's Star Wars Character
In grand Star Wars tradition, Greg Grunberg’s X-Wing pilot has a rich background that can only be found in the tie-in materials. Minor spoilers ...

Daisy Ridley Says Girls Can Look Up To ‘Star Wars’ Character Who Doesn’t Show Off Body
... has gone from small acting gigs to starring in perhaps the biggest movie of the decade, and with all that exposure, she’s happy that her character ...