Multiple SQL scripts from command line

Does anyone know of a way to execute a group of SQL scripts from a command
line (dos) at one time using ISQL.  We need to be able to resource our sql
scripts from within powerbuilder 7 or outside the application. Our problem
is that when we use a batch file or run using the run command from
powerbuilder, The scripts try to all run at the same time and we get
numerous errors.  Please help

Brett McKinney
Logiciel Inc.
btm3axe@hotmail.com

0
Brett

Thanks a lot.  I can't believe that we didn't figure this out. I guess it
helps to read the books, huh
Reg Domaratzki <nospam_rdomarat@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Create a high-level SQL Script called top.sql that looks like :
>
> READ script1.sql
> READ script2.sql
>
> and then start ISQL by calling
>
> ISQL -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read top.sql
>
> If you're running from a batch file, you can also use
>
> start /wait isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read script1.sql
> start /wait isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read script2.sql
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki
> Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>

> "Brett McKinney" <btm3axe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know of a way to execute a group of SQL scripts from a
command
> > line (dos) at one time using ISQL.  We need to be able to resource our
sql
> > scripts from within powerbuilder 7 or outside the application. Our
problem
> > is that when we use a batch file or run using the run command from
> > powerbuilder, The scripts try to all run at the same time and we get
> > numerous errors.  Please help
> >
> > Brett McKinney
> > Logiciel Inc.
> > btm3axe@hotmail.com

0
Brett
4/24/2000 3:53:20 PM
Create a high-level SQL Script called top.sql that looks like :

READ script1.sql
READ script2.sql

and then start ISQL by calling

ISQL -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read top.sql

If you're running from a batch file, you can also use

start /wait isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read script1.sql
start /wait isql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" read script2.sql

Reg Domaratzki
Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division
Please reply only to the newsgroup

"Brett McKinney" <btm3axe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to execute a group of SQL scripts from a command
> line (dos) at one time using ISQL.  We need to be able to resource our sql
> scripts from within powerbuilder 7 or outside the application. Our problem
> is that when we use a batch file or run using the run command from
> powerbuilder, The scripts try to all run at the same time and we get
> numerous errors.  Please help
>
> Brett McKinney
> Logiciel Inc.
> btm3axe@hotmail.com

0
Reg

Multiple SQL commands in a scripts?
Greets Folks, I havent tried this yet, but I was wondering if it is possible to use multiple SQL commands in a list... maybe something like so... ###PREPARE AND RUN THE FIRST SQL COMMAND#### my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT foo FROM bar"); my $thing = $sth->execute(); ###PREPARE AND RUN A SECOND SQL COMMAND BEFORE DISCONNECTING### my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT jabba FROM yadda"); my $anotherthing = $dbh->execute; There's probably mistakes in my code, but the idea seems clear enough. My question is whether it will work, or how I can make...

command-line commands within a Perl script
Hi, I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen Word files. For each subdirectory, I need to run the checksum app against all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change directories, you can do something like this: $changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir; system($changeDir); but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting directory? How can I do this? ...

command line commands passed to perl script?
Hi all, Sorry, should have added this to my last email. Does anyone know how to pass values to a perl script through the command line? Do you use param as in CGI scripting/ I want a user to be able to specify certain parameters for the perl script (in case they want to run an overnight scheduler on it). Eg. testscript.pl /? gives you help or testscript /a gives you another capability... Ben __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/ Nameofperlscript command1 command2 command3 Params s...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections.
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad ...

Script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. #2
Hello, I am in need of a script or command line executable that I can run to Shut Down Adaptive SQL Anywhere and Close All DB Connections. I am attempting to automate the rebooting of my Windows 200 DB server running ADA and want to script this shut down of the DB prior to rebooting the system. I also need a script or executable for starting it back up. Please email me - netdeveloping@hotmail.com ... Thanks. Chad DBSTOP will allow you to do this but perhaps you may want to consider running the database as a service which will allow the database engine to...

How count lines in multiple text files from command line?
I want to (from the command line) be able to count the lines in a bunch of files of a specific type in a folder and all its sub-folders. How would I do this? -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Read "man wc" and "man find". -- &#8220;Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.&#8221; (R.J. Hanlon) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Akoellh's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=23845 View this thr...

GENERAL SQL SERVER: Question about the Script that setups the SQL Server Database.
This is the first time I have created a script for Sql Server 2000, and I have run into a few syntax ereas that I am not familar with. Bellow is a section of the script from the Portal server packages. At the end of the sample, is "ON [PRIMARY], Can anyone explain to me what this does and why the primary key isnt setup inside the code itself? I am basically trying to take parts of the script and incorrporate it into my own script and hate added syntax that I dont understand, makes debugging a real pain in the future. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Portal_Announcements] ( [ItemID] [in...

command line scripts
Does anyone know how I can run command line scripts using asp.net and vb? I am mostly interested in using the iis command line script iisweb.vbs to create and delete websites. I would like to have a form that, when submited, runs the the command line script using the form values. Thanks Look at the Process class in the System.Diagnostics namespace. You can also use the class to redirect output into a stream for reading from your application. You might need to twiddle with security settings in order to have the permissions to do this from an ASP.NET app, impersonation is one option. Feel...

calling a sql script from another sql script
Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored procedure) from another sql script in sybase? In oracle, you just put @ before the script name. I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be greatly appreciated. -Yilin Yilin Cai wrote: > > Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored > procedure) from > another sql script in sybase? In oracle, you just put @ before the > script name. > I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be > greatly > app...

Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command?
Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command? ThanksAles Ruzicka18 years old Czech student & cleaner :)interested in internet technologiesmyBlog In the case of SQL Server, your total command length must be no more than 8000 characters. It does indeed use sp_executesql, which imposes this limitation. Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

multiple SQL commands at once
I'm running asp.net 2.0 and acessing MSSQL 2K.  I am trying to run a query in which I need to set up variables first.  I tried the following group of commands as shown, passing it to the  SqlDataReader object, but it failed.. does anyone know how i can pass multiple SQL commands?         MainQuery = "declare @MinGrades as Table(GradeID Bigint) " & _                    " INSERT @MinGrades SELECT MIN(CreditGrades.SplitID) AS Expr1" & _ &n...

Command line scripting
This question is about normal ASP, not ASP.Net. My question is can make ASP script to run it without any browser accessing the page (Command line scripting). I need this because I want to run ASP scripts regularly executed without any user requesting the page. Thanks for your time. you don't want ASP. you want WSH get the windows scripting docs : http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/ will append to this post when I get to work - got to rush now. jRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS OK, back at th...

How to make a long sql statement on Multiple lines instead of one long statement on one line
what code would i use to put this update statement on more than one lines. I can't figure it out set10 = "UPDATE " + databasenow + " SET 1= '" + 1.ToString + "', 2= '" + 2.ToString + "', 3= '" + 4.ToString + "', 5= '" + 5.ToString + "', 6= '" + 6.ToString + "', 7= '" + 7+ "' WHERE (new= '" + new.tostring+ "') "  set10 = "UPDATE " +  _ databasenow + _ " SET 1= '" + 1.ToString + "', 2= '" + 2...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Web resources about - Multiple SQL scripts from command line - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Multiple Jobholders Artificially Boost "Full-Time" Employment: Does the Sum of the Parts Equal the Whole ...
... pretty much confirms what I have said about Obamacare boosting part-time employment at the expense of full time jobs. Please consider Multiple ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

Jim Cramer on balancing multiple jobs, his Brooklyn bar, and the Jon Stewart interview - Business Insider ...
It was during law school that Cramer started recommending and trading stocks, which led to becoming a stockbroker at Goldman Sachs.

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase
Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase

Facebook tests multiple News Feeds based on your interests
... yearning for a way to cut through the clutter that is your Facebook News Feed, you may soon be in luck. The social network is testing multiple ...

Finally Tim Cook Wakes Up, Valuing Apple's App Store Using Netflix Multiple
Finally Tim Cook Wakes Up, Valuing Apple's App Store Using Netflix Multiple