Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000

Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
any useful information about this ie known problems,
processes etc.

Chris

Chris wrote:

> Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
> find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
> Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
> any useful information about this ie known problems,
> processes etc.

If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are you trying to
migrate away from the platform?  Upgrading to a newer version of ASA
(9.0.1 is the latest shipping version) is certainly much easier than
changing RDBMS's altogether.

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
Chris wrote:

> Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to
> find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL
> Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find
> any useful information about this ie known problems,
> processes etc.
>
> Thanks

Its so hard to advise when deep down inside I know you are making such a grave
mistake.....

http://www.ispirer.com/products

Do you have specific areas you are having problems with?  I have a basic
datatype/function comparison chart if that would help.

0
Phil

Web resources about - Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...