Migrating ASA 9.03 to SQLAnyWhere 11.0.1

Hello all...I am migrating our Sybase ASA databases from ASA
9.03 to SQLAnyWhere 11.0.1. I have noticed that I must use
double quotes in columns which are reserved words in order
to prevent any syntax errors when executing the SQL. This
works quite well in ISQL 11.0.1 but when I try to use the
double quotes in datawindow object, say:

SELECT   "opinions"."opinion_number",
         "opinions"."date_recieved",
         "opinions"."from",
         "opinions"."responsible_attorney_id",
         "opinions"."date_of_response"
    FROM "opinions"

and I try to do an INSERT through the datawindow painter it
fails and says:
SQLSATE = 37000
[Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere] Syntax error near 'from'
on line 1

The INSERT statement works quite well in ISQL 11.0.1 but
when I try to insert through the PowerBuilder dwo, it
generates the above statement. Any clue as to what might be
causing this problem within PowerBuilder?
0
Mark

In the PowerBuilder "Database Profile Setup ODBC", have you tried to
set "Enclose Table and Column Names in Quotes" to checked and user
double quote (") as "Identifier Quote Char"? At least this works for
me, if i use different dbms than SQL Anyhwere.

Marc
0
MWietscher
8/25/2009 12:17:56 PM
Marc, this works, the only problem is I need to still go
into the dwo and save it...

> In the PowerBuilder "Database Profile Setup ODBC", have
> you tried to set "Enclose Table and Column Names in
> Quotes" to checked and user double quote (") as
> "Identifier Quote Char"? At least this works for me, if i
> use different dbms than SQL Anyhwere.
>
> Marc
0
Mark

Migrating ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 11.0.1
Hello all...we've been migrating our databases from ASA 9.0.2 to SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 with great success. The only problem I have encountered is that if you migrate a table that has a column which is a reserved word in SQLAnywhere 11.0.1, i.e. 'comment', the SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 on-line help says that it must be enclosed in double quotes, i.e. "comment". Additionally, the migration documentation states that all references to the reserved word should be changed to a different name, ie 'comment' would become '@comment'... The problem with these work a...

Using Replication Server for ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.1 replication
We are an ASA 9.0.1 shop running on Windows XP. We host several of our clients and want to implement a warm standby server for recovery. We've looked into Mobilink and Remote server within ASA and don't like them. I read that Replication Server will support ASA, is what I've described doable? If so, is there a cook book? Thanks Eric ...

DataBase Migration from ASA 9.02 To SQLANYWHERE 11.01
Hello all... I hope this is the right forum to ask the following question: We are migrated our Sybase ASA Database from ASA 9.02 to SQLAnyWhere 11.01. Everything seems to be going well except a series of errors I am getting when I run the reload.sql file from the DOS prompt. I am getting a warning or error that states: "Procedure 'ml_add_property' not found SQLCODE=-265, ODBC 3 State="42S02" CALL dbo.ml_add_property( 'SIS', 'Carrier(Bell Mobility 1x)', 'enable', 'yes' ) Any clue as to what thi...

DataBase Migration from ASA 9.02 To SQLANYWHERE 11.01
Hello all...We are migrating our Sybase ASA Database from ASA 9.02 to SQLANYWHERE 11.0.1. Everything seems to be going well except for a series of errors I am getting when I run the reload.sql file from the DOS prompt. I am getting a warning or error that states: "Procedure 'ml_add_property' not found SQLCODE=-265, ODBC 3 State="42S02" CALL dbo.ml_add_property( 'SIS', 'Carrier(Bell Mobility 1x)', 'enable', 'yes' ) After doing some research, I believe that ...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Migrating DB from Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.2 to SqlAnyWhere 11
Hi, We are trying to convert our application to 11.5.1, which was recently converted to 10.5.2 from 9.0. When I try to create an ODBC driver in SQLAnywhere 11 pointing to our DB from 10.5.2, it says the dB was created in an earlier version. How to I migrate my DB to the newer version. Thanks Subhash The SQL Anywhere that is installed with PowerBuilder is a developer's edition -- you are only licensed to deploy the runtime edition of SQL Anywhere (rtengX.exe where X is the version of SA) unless you obtain licenses for the other components. The migration (upgrading) p...

Upgrading from ASA 9.0.2 to 11.0.1
Hi all, My client has been using ASA 9.0.2 for several years replicating data from several remote dbs with no problems at all. We are now looking at upgrading to 11.0.1 and I'm wondering if there are any known issues with this in regards of replication? Thanks in advance:) Best regards, Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC Port Angeles, WA Hi all, "Arnor Baldvinsson" <arnor@icetips.com> wrote in message news:4cc9f4f4$1@forums-1-dub... > to 11.0.1 and I'm wondering if there are any known issues with this in > regards of replicat...

How do I migrate a SQLAnywhere 5.0 standalone database to ASA 6.0 ?
How do I migrate a SQLAnywhere 5.0 standalone database to ASA 6.0 ? In the project I am working on I need to move a SQLAnywhere 5.0 standalone database to ASA 6.0. standalone. Notes: The application accessing the data is written in Powerbuilder 5.0 In addition to the 6.0 connection I must also maintain a connection to a SQLAnywhere Server 5.5.04. Please answer: 1. Can this be done ? 2. Do I need to do anything with the database itself ? 3. What must I do to configure the database ? 4. What are the things I need to do to deploy ? connect a SQLA 5.0 whit driver ASA ...

SQLAnywhere 11: Assertion failed: 101413 (11.0.1.2376)
We have been getting this assertion failure with SQLAnywhere version 11.0.1.2376: Internal database error *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 101413 (11.0.1.2376) Prior to this assertion, the db server is mostly idle. The assertion happens during a small time period when a bunch of connections are made to the database from multiple programs at the same time. This connection pattern is typically for our applications and works normally for 2-3 weeks. Then once every 2-3 weeks, we hit upon this assertion error. After the error, the db server terminates all connections and d...

question : upgrade from ASA 9.0.1 build 1975 to ASA 9.0.2 build 2551
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When upgrading from ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.2 is it critical that the = database be unloaded and reloaded or can just the software be updated? Thanks, Dave ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML...

ASA Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
HI, I just upgraded my 9.0.1 developers edition ASA to 9.0.2 using the EBF downloaded from on-line. It worked fine except that now all my licensing information is gone so that I'm down to 1 unlicensed user. What can I do to solve this. Thanks, Jonathan Jonathan, The dblic utility will solve your problem. You can find all the information in the documentation: ASA Database Administration Guide Database Administration Utilities The License utility Managing licenses using the dblic command-line utility -- Joshua Savill iAnywhere Solutions - Produc...

SQLAnywhere 11.0.1 runtime
I have purchased SQLAnywhere 11.0.1 and a runtime license. Where do i find the files for the runtime engine? The download center states that the runtime license is a License Key only product. Thanks for the help, Chris chris barown wrote: > I have purchased SQLAnywhere 11.0.1 and a runtime license. > Where do i find the files for the runtime engine? The > download center states that the runtime license is a License > Key only product. > > Thanks for the help, > Chris Use dblic to apply the license. Arthur I guess I am more confused than I tho...

SQLAnywhere 11.0.1.2044
Hello all...we have migrating our Sybase ASA databases from Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.2.2451 to SQLAnywhere 11.0.1.2044. If we find there is a need to apply build 2299 to SQLAnywhere 11.0.1.2044, will we have to re-migrate our databases? Any info would be greatly appreciated:) No need to migrate. From this point 11.0.1 will at most only need a short run of dbupgrad ... if that ... The need to rebuild is based upon a major change to the data structures used inside the database. Most of that requirement was a 10.0 change ... give this is the very first time this was such a fixe...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Web resources about - Migrating ASA 9.03 to SQLAnyWhere 11.0.1 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere