Local DB into ASA DB

HI Gurus,

Is there any way I can convert my local ASA DB to network database, for
example can I convert  EASDEMODB.db into server database. I am using a
local database for my application and I want to convert that DB to
server
DB.

Thanks in Advance
Vino

As posted in ASE newsgroup

0
Bart

Vino

What yo want to do in not dependent on the database file, but on the engine
you use.
Any database can be started up in two ways:

For only local connection, use dbeng?.exe (? signifies ASA version) in your
start line.
For network connections, use dbsrv?.exe.

Bart wrote:

> HI Gurus,
>
> Is there any way I can convert my local ASA DB to network database, for
> example can I convert  EASDEMODB.db into server database. I am using a
> local database for my application and I want to convert that DB to
> server
> DB.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Vino
>
> As posted in ASE newsgroup

0
Bart

Multiple Client ASA DB's need to synch to one ASA DB
ASA 7.03 OS: Windows ME & 2000 If I have 20 different client ASA databases synchronizing with a central ASA database. What command do I use to make sure I only get a sub set of data during the sychronization. Can I do this with the dbmlsync command or with the "CREATE SYNCHRONIZATION DEFINITION"? The subset is described by an 'area' in the application. Example "Los Angeles" would be "LA" in the system. Any help would be appreciated. TIA, Scott Do you want to only send a subset of data from the remote, or do you only want to...

Convert ASA 9.0 cp850 DB to ASA 11.0 utf8 DB
When we unload our Database in dat-Files with ASA 9 or ASA 11 (Dataformat: cp850), we can't reload the exported data & structur in a new ASA 11 UTF-8 DB. Create a new ASA 11 Database is not the Problem. Only run the Reload.sql - File with the cp850 Encoding Data. What is the Problem? First off you should only use V11 of DBUnload for this. (v9 dbunload will not know how to prepare for a V11 upgrade and can introduce behaviours that are addressed in the V11 dbunload) To make dbisql handle the different charsets you used to use the -codepage switch. But since that switch...

membership DB, profile DB, and role DB
I use the following code to programatically cycle through each record in an mdb database and create users with the Membership.CreateUser method.  The code also creates a profile for the same user before moving to the next record.  The membership and profile DB is on an SQL 2000 server. How can I assign all these users to the role of user in this section of code? Also any idea why only 104 out of 148 records are added to the Membership table while all 148 profiles are created?  A sample record would be:UserName      DIST    ...

DB DB LG ML PR DB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg WTF!!! -- Strong Bo "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) Play it again... then you'll understand. Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg That's one of the more brain-damaged Youtube clips I've seen, yet kinda catchy! -- Bruce ...

Connect to remote db with same name as local db
We have a db server running locally that has the same name as one we want to connect to remotely over our WAN. According to online help; "By default, the SQL Anywhere Client tries to use a local Named Pipe or Windows link first (if applicable), followed by IPX, TCP/IP, NetBIOS" etc. Is there a way to turn off named pipes or specify the communication search sequence? Here's an example of what we're using that doesn't work; dbclient -x tcpip{dobroadcast=no;host=sademo;myip=none} thanks, Mark Libner mlibner@security-finance.com First, please always state w...

remote db process as local on the same db server
Add optimisation to queries that uses remote tables from different databases that all driven by the same dbserver. It will be great if remote tables from different locally running databases will be accessed as fast as local tables from one database like it's done in ASE and MSSQL. ...

Synchronizating a ASA remote DB to a MS SQL consolidate DB.
Hi all. I want to sync an ASA remote db to a MS SQL consolidate db. I found the "Mobilink synchronization for ASA" option in PocketPowerbuilder, can I use this to accomplish what I want or this is only helpful with two ASA databases? could anyone provide me information of where can i find an example of what i want to do? thanks in advance. Tony King. "Antonio King L" <making@url.edu.gt> wrote in news:4068916e$1@forums-2-dub: AKL> I want to sync an ASA remote db to a MS SQL consolidate db. I found AKL> the "Mobilink synchronizati...

How can I add proxy table to my ASA db from Acess db.
Repost: Hi, How can I add proxy table to my ASA db from Acess db. What problem I got while linking asa table in Acess is, when open the table in access first time it is ok, but next time I try to open it freezes, then I went to link table manager in access add refresh then it is fine. I checked my odbc configuration also, it is fine. PKR "Reg Domaratzki" <no_rdomarat_spam@sybase.com> wrote in message news:TxIhDSzWCHA.311@forums.sybase.com... > You can go either way. You can link table from Access to ASA using Access, or you can use proxy tables in ASA to li...

How do you transfer data from local MSDE db to hosted Sql db?
Hi all, Now that I've put together the beginnings of a portal [2.1.2] on my local machine I would like to transfer the setup/data to a host server. To start I created a db on the remote server, uploaded my DNN files from the local DNN folder to my wwwroot folder on the server, modified the connection string to access the site and after some adjustments and a great deal of help from JDC brought up a new install of DNN. Of course this is because all my data is still in the db on my local machine. Thinking it would be no big deal to move the data over I was not deterred. Low and behold I...

Unload for upgrading ASA9 DB to ASA 11 DB not working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4c17cbdb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a client that uses ASA. He now wants to migrate from ASA 9 to ASA 11 and from Windows XP to Windows 7. For that reason he has to unload/reload the ASA 9 database. In Sybase Central "Unload and reload into a new database" is choosen. While the unload works with the free developers edition, it does not work with the licensed workgroup edition (SQL Anywhere Network Server Version 11.0.1.2044, Workgroup editi...

Connecting to ASA DB through ASAProv.80 and PowerBuilder DB Painter
I'd like to connect to an ASA db using ole and the ASAProv.80 Provider. I want to connect via the database painter. How do I create a profile? I can only see ODBC as an option for profiles. Should I have one that says OLE or OLEDB? The ODBC profiles don't have an option for the Provider. TIA Mitch Goldstein ACOM Solutions, Financial Documents Division Mitch, You probably need to specifically ask the driver to be installed during the PB 8 installation process. If you selected "Typical" then this driver probably did not get install. My advice wou...

Change of a SQLAnywhere-DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
I have an application which runs at a customer with a SQLAnywhere-Database. Now my development went on; I have added new Tabels, added new Columns to old tables but I never delete any cloumns or tables. I am look for a tool or a peace of PB-Code which upgrades the structure of the old database to the new structure. Something which generates the "Alter Table/Add Table Upgarde-Script " out of the difference DB(new) - DB(old). Who can help me ? Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 The...

Change of a SQLAnywhere DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
Hello, I want to change the old structure of a SQLAnywhere-DB to a new structure; I know, that i can do this in PB-Script with Embedded-SQL "Alter-Table-Statements"; but .... I don't know them I'm looking for a Tool/ PC-Code generates me these "Alter-Table-Statements" out of the difference of the two Databases (old -> new). No columns or Tabels will be deleted in the new Database; only columns and Tables will be added. Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 ...

Web resources about - Local DB into ASA DB - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Local Government (Ireland) Act 1898 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From the 1880s the issue of local government reform in Ireland was a major political issue, involving both Irish politicians and the major British ...

Altona locals kick up a stink over long-running smell
During the day, the salty smell wafting over the bayside suburb is not too bad. But once the sun goes down things take a turn for the very much ...

Smell lingering over Tuggeranong suburbs causes frustration among local residents
Tuggeranong residents are continuing to complain about a foul odour throughout the valley suburbs.

Warrandyte locals, Yarra advocate irate at toxic waste dump into river
Warrandyte locals are stunned and horrified at revelations Parks Victoria staff washed toxic chemical waste into the Yarra River.

Newspapers Remember the Local Lives That Were Extinguished
It’s a powerful way, at the turn of a new year, to frame the topic of homicide: remind readers, chronologically, of the community residents whose ...

Local Stakeholders React to Malheur Occupation - Al Jazeera America
Area had brought together diverse coalition aimed at restoring wetland; takeover by armed militia group has put work on pause

Zillow follows local real estate firms in pursuit of Chinese homebuyers
Interest from Chinese homebuyers is driving major changes to the Puget Sound-area real estate industry. One Seattle-area real estate company ...

St. George’s School has agreed to launch a new investigation into the sex abuse allegations - Local news ...
Harry Groome, of Arlington (third from right), a former student at St. George’s School, spoke to media this week. He claimed he was raped at ...

NFL Player And Lottery Hopeful Very Excited To Be Featured On Local News
... Chris Long appears on television in millions of home each week, but that still didn’t prevent him from getting excited about making the local ...

Brussels wants you to make internet calls to random locals
Brussels is having a tough time lately. While it's the effective capital of the European Union and famous for its street art, the combination ...