Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8

Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server
from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8?  I've tried
everything, and nothing works.  I have used dbping
successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8
(Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using
an ODBC System DSN with Access.

Thank you.
0
Mike

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #2
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #4
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. Mike wrote in news:3fbbd7b9.1ebb.1681692777@sybase.com: M> Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server M> from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried M> everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping M>...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #3
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server?
I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as SQL Anywhere 7. Are there any problems involved with this? Thanks, -- Don Marchlenski Information and Technology Services Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark Should be OK assuming that the machine has sufficient bandwidth/resources for the total load of the two databases. /ck "Don Marchlenski" <march@newark.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message news:3B704488.8176A5F5@newark.ohio-state.edu... > I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the ...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard
I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...? Thank you for any help,Thank youJackxxx Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up. I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard. TerriT...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna Johanna, Be careful with the ASA timestamp data type. Its MSS equivalent is datatime, not the MSS timestamp which is something complet...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna ...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000
How to perform Bulk Copy of a table from a Remote SQL Server 2000 to Local SQL Server 2000?I need to do this programmatically. This will be performed on regular basis. I can't use DTS Import/Export Wizard. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.Thanks in advance. With Regards,Prodipta Mondal.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.  Connect to the remote SQL Server. Load a DataTable or DataReader Connect to the local Server Call the SQLBulkCopy,WriteTo...

Web resources about - Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

In Nabarangpur, religious lines blur, Christmas party begins
Although there are just about 32,000 Christians, most of them Protestants, in the district as per the 2011 Census, in a population of 12 lakh, ...

On This Day December 25 1914: The Christmas Truce Halts World War I
One of the most famous days of World War I was one where the fighting stopped. On December 25, 1914 , the sounds of guns being fired were stopped ...

Fox Panelists: If Trump Goes After Bill Clinton to Attack Hillary, It Will Backfire
For days now, Donald Trump has been hinting attacks on Hillary Clinton over her husband’s past, but two of the panelists on Fox’s Special Report ...

Severe storms, tornadoes target South, Midwest
USA TODAY Severe storms, tornadoes target South, Midwest USA TODAY A ferocious storm system slammed parts of the South and Midwest on Wednesday, ...

Quentin Tarantino & Paul Thomas Anderson On Glory Of 70MM, Favorite Movies & The Race To Save Film
EXCLUSIVE: As kind of a dream Christmas gift for film nerds everywhere (and especially me in that regard) I got to sit down with directors Quentin ...

Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ...
E! Online Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ... E! Online It'll be a very happy holiday for Robert ...

Lunch Lady Unleashes Fire Vocals During Cafeteria Karaoke
A cafeteria worker in Pennsylvania surprised a room full of normally unimpressed teens this week with her stirring rendition of “Have Yourself ...

Gas Tanker Truck Fire Kills More Than 100 People in Nigeria
The Nation Newspaper Gas Tanker Truck Fire Kills More Than 100 People in Nigeria New York Times ABUJA, Nigeria — A gas tanker truck ignited ...

Protest outside Thai embassy in Myanmar against murder verdict
Hundreds of protesters demonstrated outside Thailand's embassy in Yangon on Friday after two Myanmar migrants were sentenced to death by a Thai ...

Spain: King Felipe decries Paris attacks in Christmas speech
MADRID (AP) — Spain's King Felipe VI, in his annual Christmas Eve speech, has decried the Paris attacks that killed 130 people and left hundreds ...