is ODBC DSN required in eVB? can't use OLE DB connection string parameters

I am using eVB on the Pocket PC to connect to an ASA 8.0 database using
ADOCE.  I'm running into a problem with the ADOCE Connection's
ConnectionString parameter.

Seems to work just fine if you have a DSN file containing ODBC parameters,
such as the "ASA 8.0 Sample.dsn" file installed with the ASA samples.  In
fact all the ASA samples rely on these DSN files and when setting up the ADO
connection just set ConnectionString="Data Source=<DSN file name>".

What I'd like to do is specify all the connection parameters in the
ConnectionString, like you can do on the desktop, rather than rely on DSN
files.  This is so my users can browse around and pick a .DB file and I
don't have to create a DSN file for each one; I'll just create the
associated ConnectionString on the fly.

However, this doesn't work.  When I try to open a connection this way I
don't get any error but also the ASA server never starts up.

Here is some sample code from the sample that gets installed under
C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\Samples\ASA\ADOCE.  Can anyone tell
me what's wrong with my ConnectionString parameter?  Or does ASA just not
support ConnectionStrings like this on CE, and requires you to use a DSN
file?

Thanks!  Here the code:

' Establish the connection
myConn.Provider = "ASAProv"

' here's the line from the sample eVB program, using the ODBC DSN
' this works just fine
' myConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=ASA 8.0 Sample"

' here's my version, putting all the parameters into the ConnectionString
' it contains everything from the DSN file
' this does not work
myConn.ConnectionString =
"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
am Files\Sybase\ASA\asademo.db;start=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"

myConn.Open

--

Terry

Terry McKiernan
pinpoint tools
terry@pinpointtools.com
www.pinpointtools.com
We Make ACT! Work Better!

0
Terry

I didn't have time to try this yet (I don't have a device handy and my
emulator env. is messed up), but does it work if you add 'Data
Source=asademo' to your connect string in your sample (where there is no
asademo.dsn file)?

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
--

"Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> I am using eVB on the Pocket PC to connect to an ASA 8.0 database using
> ADOCE.  I'm running into a problem with the ADOCE Connection's
> ConnectionString parameter.
>
> Seems to work just fine if you have a DSN file containing ODBC parameters,
> such as the "ASA 8.0 Sample.dsn" file installed with the ASA samples.  In
> fact all the ASA samples rely on these DSN files and when setting up the
ADO
> connection just set ConnectionString="Data Source=<DSN file name>".
>
> What I'd like to do is specify all the connection parameters in the
> ConnectionString, like you can do on the desktop, rather than rely on DSN
> files.  This is so my users can browse around and pick a .DB file and I
> don't have to create a DSN file for each one; I'll just create the
> associated ConnectionString on the fly.
>
> However, this doesn't work.  When I try to open a connection this way I
> don't get any error but also the ASA server never starts up.
>
> Here is some sample code from the sample that gets installed under
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\Samples\ASA\ADOCE.  Can anyone tell
> me what's wrong with my ConnectionString parameter?  Or does ASA just not
> support ConnectionStrings like this on CE, and requires you to use a DSN
> file?
>
> Thanks!  Here the code:
>
> ' Establish the connection
> myConn.Provider = "ASAProv"
>
> ' here's the line from the sample eVB program, using the ODBC DSN
> ' this works just fine
> ' myConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=ASA 8.0 Sample"
>
> ' here's my version, putting all the parameters into the ConnectionString
> ' it contains everything from the DSN file
> ' this does not work
> myConn.ConnectionString =

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> am Files\Sybase\ASA\asademo.db;start=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"
>
> myConn.Open
>

> --
>
> Terry
>
> Terry McKiernan
> pinpoint tools
> terry@pinpointtools.com
> www.pinpointtools.com
> We Make ACT! Work Better!

0
Jason
2/10/2003 3:57:47 PM
A DataSource was required by ASAProv, but this requirement has been removed
as of  versions 7.0.4.3400, 8.0.1.3087 and  8.0.2.4094.

--

Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)

Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
tell
> > me what's wrong with my ConnectionString parameter?  Or does ASA just
not
> > support ConnectionStrings like this on CE, and requires you to use a DSN
> > file?
> >
> > Thanks!  Here the code:
> >
> > ' Establish the connection
> > myConn.Provider = "ASAProv"
> >
> > ' here's the line from the sample eVB program, using the ODBC DSN
> > ' this works just fine
> > ' myConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=ASA 8.0 Sample"
> >
> > ' here's my version, putting all the parameters into the
ConnectionString
> > ' it contains everything from the DSN file
> > ' this does not work
> > myConn.ConnectionString =

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> > am Files\Sybase\ASA\asademo.db;start=\Program

0
Ian
2/10/2003 5:05:57 PM
On my CE device, dbsrv8.exe is version 8.0.2.3601.  On the desktop, it's
8.0.2.4121.  I have the latest EBF installed on both CE and my desktop.

So, the ConnectionString on CE should not require a Data Source then, right?

Can you give me an example of a working ConnectionString that does not use
Data Source?  Pls bear in mind that this is for a Pocket PC.  On my desktop
PC, ConnectionString works fine.  It's only on the Pocket PC where it seems
to require a DSN file.

Terry

Terry McKiernan
pinpoint tools
terry@pinpointtools.com
www.pinpointtools.com
We Make ACT! Work Better!

0
Terry
2/10/2003 9:30:28 PM
Did my suggestion work or not?

--

> On my CE device, dbsrv8.exe is version 8.0.2.3601.  On the desktop, it's
> 8.0.2.4121.  I have the latest EBF installed on both CE and my desktop.
>
> So, the ConnectionString on CE should not require a Data Source then,
right?

> Can you give me an example of a working ConnectionString that does not use
> Data Source?  Pls bear in mind that this is for a Pocket PC.  On my
desktop
> PC, ConnectionString works fine.  It's only on the Pocket PC where it
seems
> to require a DSN file.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Terry
>
> Terry McKiernan
> pinpoint tools
> terry@pinpointtools.com
> www.pinpointtools.com
> We Make ACT! Work Better!
> "Ian McHardy" <mchardy_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > A DataSource was required by ASAProv, but this requirement has been
> removed
> > as of  versions 7.0.4.3400, 8.0.1.3087 and  8.0.2.4094.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)
> >
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup.
> >
> > Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> > Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> >
> > "Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I didn't have time to try this yet (I don't have a device handy and my
> > > emulator env. is messed up), but does it work if you add 'Data
> > > Source=asademo' to your connect string in your sample (where there is
no
> > > asademo.dsn file)?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason Hinsperger
> > > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > >
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
> > iAnywhere
> > > Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > > --
> > >

> > > "Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> using

> > parameters,
> > In
> the
> > > ADO

> > DSN

> > tell
> > not
> DSN

> > ConnectionString

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> > Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"

0
Jason
2/11/2003 12:41:19 AM
Sorry, it didn't work.  If I supply a Data Source= value but do not have a
matching DSN file, I get the following error:

Error: 3265
"ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name
or ordinal reference requested by the application."

That came from the following code:

myConn.ConnectionString = "Data
Source=FakeDSNForTesting;uid=dba;pwd=sql;databasefile=\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\asademo.db;start=\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo"

myConn.Open

BTW if I try it without "Data Source=" in the string, I get the exact same
error.  Seems like the Data Source parameter is ignored if there are other
parameters given (?).  Either that or ADO is expecting a Data Source value
and gets confused when there isn't one, or if there are other things in the
connection string.

One way or another, a fake Data Source does not do the trick. Any other
ideas?  Thanks

--

Terry

Terry McKiernan
pinpoint tools
terry@pinpointtools.com
www.pinpointtools.com
We Make ACT! Work Better!
> Did my suggestion work or not?
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
iAnywhere
> Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
> --
>

> "Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> > On my CE device, dbsrv8.exe is version 8.0.2.3601.  On the desktop, it's
> > 8.0.2.4121.  I have the latest EBF installed on both CE and my desktop.
> >
> > So, the ConnectionString on CE should not require a Data Source then,
> right?
> >
> > Can you give me an example of a working ConnectionString that does not
use
> > Data Source?  Pls bear in mind that this is for a Pocket PC.  On my
> desktop
> > PC, ConnectionString works fine.  It's only on the Pocket PC where it
> seems
> > to require a DSN file.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> >
> > Terry
> >
> > Terry McKiernan
> > pinpoint tools
> > terry@pinpointtools.com
> > www.pinpointtools.com
> > We Make ACT! Work Better!
> > "Ian McHardy" <mchardy_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > > A DataSource was required by ASAProv, but this requirement has been
> > removed
> > > as of  versions 7.0.4.3400, 8.0.1.3087 and  8.0.2.4094.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)
> > >
> > > Please reply only to the newsgroup.
> > >
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the
iAnywhere
> > > Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > >
> > > "Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> no

> > > iAnywhere

> > using

> > > parameters,
> samples.
> > > In
> > the

> on
> > > DSN
> and

> way

> anyone
> > > tell
> just
> > > not
> > DSN

> > > ConnectionString

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> > > Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"

0
Terry
2/11/2003 11:19:50 PM
My fault.  I wasn't clear.  The "Data Source" value should be the name of
the database server.
Basically, the way the driver works is that if we do not find a dsn with the
name specified by 'Data Source', we imitate SQL Server behaviour, which is
to look for a database server with the name 'Data Source'.

eg.  If you are running a server called asademo, your connect string should
look like:
> myConn.ConnectionString = "Data
> Source=asademo;uid=dba;pwd=sql;databasefile=\Program
> Files\Sybase\ASA\asademo.db;start=\Program
> Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo"

Can you try it again?

--

> [...]
> > > We Make ACT! Work Better!
> > > "Ian McHardy" <mchardy_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > > removed

> iAnywhere

> message
> my
> is
> > no

> > > using

> > samples.
> up
> > > the
> name>".

> the
> > on
> > and

> > way

> > anyone
> > just
> > > DSN

DSN

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr

0
Jason
2/11/2003 11:20:06 PM
OK, I get it.  The problem is that there is no database server running at
that point.  It gets launched when the program calls the .Open method of the
Connection object.  In case I wasn't being clear: this is a local copy of
ASA on the Pocket PC device, being used just by this application.  We are
not connecting out to a remote server running on a PC somewhere.

However, you've given me an idea.  I suppose I could launch the ASA server
manually via CreateProcess() with the command-line options to load the
specific .db file, then use your trick with Data Source=<server name>.  Is
that what you had in mind?

--

Terry

Terry McKiernan
pinpoint tools
terry@pinpointtools.com
www.pinpointtools.com
We Make ACT! Work Better!
> [...]
> > is
> > > no

> database

> > > samples.
> setting
> > up
> > name>".

> > the
> rely
> > > on
> file
> > > and
> the

> this
> > > way

> under
> > > anyone
ASA
> > > just
> use

> DSN

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr

0
Terry
2/12/2003 5:38:11 PM
If dbsrv8.exe on your CE devices is build 8.0.2.3601, then you probably
don't have a 8.0.2.4094 or higher builder of dboledb8.dll on your CE device
either.  A 8.0.2.4094 or higher dboledb8.dll is required to not require a
datasource.

--

Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)

Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> On my CE device, dbsrv8.exe is version 8.0.2.3601.  On the desktop, it's
> 8.0.2.4121.  I have the latest EBF installed on both CE and my desktop.
>
> So, the ConnectionString on CE should not require a Data Source then,
right?

> Can you give me an example of a working ConnectionString that does not use
> Data Source?  Pls bear in mind that this is for a Pocket PC.  On my
desktop
> PC, ConnectionString works fine.  It's only on the Pocket PC where it
seems
> to require a DSN file.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Terry
>
> Terry McKiernan
> pinpoint tools
> terry@pinpointtools.com
> www.pinpointtools.com
> We Make ACT! Work Better!
> "Ian McHardy" <mchardy_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > A DataSource was required by ASAProv, but this requirement has been
> removed
> > as of  versions 7.0.4.3400, 8.0.1.3087 and  8.0.2.4094.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)
> >
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup.
> >
> > Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> > Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> >
> > "Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I didn't have time to try this yet (I don't have a device handy and my
> > > emulator env. is messed up), but does it work if you add 'Data
> > > Source=asademo' to your connect string in your sample (where there is
no
> > > asademo.dsn file)?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason Hinsperger
> > > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > >
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
> > iAnywhere
> > > Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > > --
> > >

> > > "Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> using

> > parameters,
> > In
> the
> > > ADO

> > DSN

> > tell
> > not
> DSN

> > ConnectionString

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> > Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"

0
Ian
2/13/2003 4:55:33 PM
That's correct, it's 8.0.2.3601 for all files on the Pocket PC.  But as far
as I can tell, that's the latest version available for CE.  I have installed
all the latest EBF's for both the desktop and CE, and while I get 8.0.2.4121
on the desktop, I get 8.0.2.3601 on CE.

Can you give me a link to get the 8.0.2.4121 files for CE?  Thanks

--

> If dbsrv8.exe on your CE devices is build 8.0.2.3601, then you probably
> don't have a 8.0.2.4094 or higher builder of dboledb8.dll on your CE
device
> either.  A 8.0.2.4094 or higher dboledb8.dll is required to not require a
> datasource.
>
> --
>
> Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroup.
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> "Terry McKiernan" <terry@pinpointtools.com> wrote in message
> > On my CE device, dbsrv8.exe is version 8.0.2.3601.  On the desktop, it's
> > 8.0.2.4121.  I have the latest EBF installed on both CE and my desktop.
> >
> > So, the ConnectionString on CE should not require a Data Source then,
> right?
> >
> > Can you give me an example of a working ConnectionString that does not
use
> > Data Source?  Pls bear in mind that this is for a Pocket PC.  On my
> desktop
> > PC, ConnectionString works fine.  It's only on the Pocket PC where it
> seems
> > to require a DSN file.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> >
> > Terry
> >
> > Terry McKiernan
> > pinpoint tools
> > terry@pinpointtools.com
> > www.pinpointtools.com
> > We Make ACT! Work Better!
> > "Ian McHardy" <mchardy_no@spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > > A DataSource was required by ASAProv, but this requirement has been
> > removed
> > > as of  versions 7.0.4.3400, 8.0.1.3087 and  8.0.2.4094.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions)
> > >
> > > Please reply only to the newsgroup.
> > >
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the
iAnywhere
> > > Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > >
> > > "Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> no

> > > iAnywhere

> > using

> > > parameters,
> samples.
> > > In
> > the

> on
> > > DSN
> and

> way

> anyone
> > > tell
> just
> > > not
> > DSN

> > > ConnectionString

"uid=dba;pwd=sql;enginename=asademo;databasename=asademo;databasefile=\Progr
> > > Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv8.exe"

0
Terry

Can't connect to ASA 11 db without configuring ODBC DSN
Hello, with ASA 9 I used to connect to a given DB from a PB application without manually configuring any ODBC entry. Few lines of code were sufficient at the app's startup: sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm = "ConnectString='UID=dba;PWD=sql;Driver={Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0};Database=mydb.db'" RegistrySet("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0", "Driver", RegString!, "dbodbc9.dll") RegistrySet("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0",...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

can't use SPX connect DB when using OpenClient 12.5
Hi all, I can't use SPX protocol to connect db. error message was displayed when I tried to ping the server "the local machine has not set up a driver for the protocol SPX" This error was from Sybase, not windows. any ideas? thanks Eric Hello, You need to run the "ocscfg" utility. Select the "Net-Library" tab. Then configure the "SPX" network driver. Thanks, Neal Eric C wrote: > Hi all, > > I can't use SPX protocol to connect db. > error message was displayed when I tried to ping the server >...

can't make remote db connection specifying UNC path to remote db in DSN
I'm using ASA v6.00.04.3594 in a Win2k environment. I cannot build a successful DSN to a sybase db on another machine on the same network unless I do it thru a mapped drive. I'm using the ODBC Configuration Utility. Here are my settings in the Database and Network tabs (other tabs are defaults and dba login is specified). Database Tab: Server Name: <remotebox> Start Line: <blank> Database Name: <db_name> Database File: <unc path & db_name.db> (e.g. \\remotebox\dir\db_name.db ) Network Tab: TCP/IP is checked and specified the following in ...

Can't use a string with the list for 'IN'
I have a web-based front end to a Sybase SQL Anywhere 7 database. Sometimes I have forms return data in a list format, e.g. a multivalued field may end up with a series of comma-delimited values such as: 17,36,45,89,98 This field is normally passed as a string (long varchar) to a function or procedure. Right now I have SQL procedures parse the string to extract the numbers individually. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is something along the lines of a statement such as the following: SELECT * FROM Some_Table WHERE Some_Field IN ( @Num_List ) where @Num_List is the...

DBD::Proxy::db table_info failed: Server returned error: Failed to execute method CallMethod: Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="multipart/alternative"; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C2BB46.4379CEA8" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_003_01C2BB46.4379CEA8" ------_=_NextPart_003_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having a problem using the table_info() via ProxyServer... I'm = getting the following error messages: I am us...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

Can't Use Empty String In Required Fields
Hello,I am attempting to build a dynamic data entities site and I've run into a bit of a snag. I have a field in my db that is marked as not null. It's default value is an empty string and it is this way to facilitate calculations performed on the field. In any case, I would like users to be able to edit this field or any other field without an error occurring every time the update button is pressed and the field is empty.I've researched this issue fairly heavily and I found one posting here that seems to answer the problem, but I am still having difficulty making it work fo...

PHP can't connect to asa using odbc!
Redhat 9 unixODBC 2.2.6 PHP 4.2.2 Apache 2.0.40 ASA 8.0.2 Hello, I can't get PHP to access ASA using unixODBC. I have configured a valid odbc datasource at /etc/odbc.ini which is a replica of a working copy on root directory's odbc.ini . It gives me the ff. error: Warning: SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/opt/sybase/SYBSsa8/lib/dbodbc8_r.so' : libdbtasks8_r.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect in..... I am suspecting that this is something to do with PHP loading the odbc drive...

Can't connect to MySQL database using ODBC.NET
I recently downloaded and installed ODBC.NET from Microsoft Download Center site. I can reference the namespace (Microsoft.Data.Odbc) in my project and the code (C#) compiles just fine. However, at runtime, I cannot connect to the database. It keeps complaining about not being able to find the data source. The connection string is: "Driver={MySQL};SERVER=...;DATABASE=...;UID=...;PASSWORD=...;PORT=3306;OPTION=3;STMT=;" If I use MySQL ODBC driver, I have no problem whatsoever. The connection string is almost the same, only Driver={MySQL} is replaced by Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.5...

Can't connect to DB created on XP using Win98
I have a PB6.5 application running SQL Anywhere 5.5. A user has reported that when she makes a backup of the database on her Windows XP machine, and then physically takes that .db file to a WIndows 98SE machine running the same application, she cannot connect to the database at all. That ugly "Connect to SQL Anywhere" dialog appears, and when you close it you get "SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start specified database." Both machines will happily open a database created on themselves. I've also tried to...

Web resources about - is ODBC DSN required in eVB? can't use OLE DB connection string parameters - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...