How to stop and start service from command line

At sites where they run automatic backups nightly, using Arcserve for
example, and where there is an ASA service running with 2 databases loaded:
is there command-line way to stop and restart the service that could be
added into the backup scripts?

Steve

0
Steve

net stop <servicename>
net start <servicename>

If you put this in a batch file, you can schedule it with the at command.
But isn't it better to schedule a dbbackup command before the tape backup
and only backup the backup (knwo what I mean?) instead of the running db?

Geert 'Darling' Van Damme

Steve Moran wrote in message ...
>At sites where they run automatic backups nightly, using Arcserve for
>example, and where there is an ASA service running with 2 databases loaded:
>is there command-line way to stop and restart the service that could be
>added into the backup scripts?
>
>Steve

0
Geert

command line starting and stopping SQLANYx_y service
I am using SQL Anywhere 32 5.5.01. I want to use the command line to start and stop services for backup automation purposes. I can start the database by typing [net start SQLANYs_test] and stop the database by typing [net stop SQLANYs_test]. When I try to start the database a second time, the service fails to start and the NT4 (sp4) Event log message says the service was unable to start because the service name was already in use. What other services are there in use? How can I stop all services and restart all services (related to SQL Anywhere) multiple times without having to reboot ...

How from the command line Stop and Start Driver ?

Starting a command line process from a web service
Hi, I am having problems running a command line executable from my web service. The code works fine in a console app, but refuses to work from a web service. Bassically, i am trying to execute a command line executable using Process.Start(). The code doesn't error, but it does'nt execute the exe. Is there something i have to do to use Process.Start() from a web service? The Code: (as you can see i am trying to use gnupg) string _bindirectory = @"C:\My Projects\DataTransport\GnuPG"; string gpgExecutable = _bindirectory + @"\gpg.exe"; // Create starti...

stop/start KDE from the command line (Terminal)
hi Howto stop/start KDE from the command line (Terminal) on opensuse 11.4? -- upiter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I fail to understand your question. When one is in a GUI session that uses KDE as desktop environment, one stops using it by loging out. Is loging out not using the icons, but with a command from a started Konsole what you want? -- Henk van Velden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180 View this thread:...

Starting web server NT Services from a command line
The Microsoft and Netscape web servers can be started from a command line as follows: Microsoft:> inetinfo.exe -e w3svc Netscape 2.x:> httpd.exe d:\netscape\server\https-sradman\conf NOTE: the argument is the path to the server's configuration directory Netscape 3.x:> httpd.exe https-sradman NOTE: the argument is the name of the web server Once started from a command line the process must be killed manually (from Task Manager for instance). Starting a web server from a command line is useful to identify System configuration issues. For instance, a normal ODBC DSN...

The service '<Sample>' on local Computer started and then stopped.Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do,
Hi All,                    I am getting this error when I am starting my service. the service could not start.    Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Which service could not be start...what are you trying to do?Joydeep SenDotnet DeveloperDont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers Can you give more detail. which service you want to start.Regards,AvinashPlease don...

i5OS driver remote loader command line start/stop
Hi Is it possible to start/stop the i5OS driver using just one single command instead of going through the usual menu (Go I5OSDRV/I5OSDRV -> Select Option 1 to Start) ? -- rohit1977 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:16:01 GMT, rohit1977 <rohit1977@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: >Is it possible to start/stop the i5OS driver using just one single >command instead of going through the usual menu (Go I5OSDRV/I5OSDRV -> >Select Option 1 to Start) ? Is dxcmd an option for you? If so, th...

start/stop services
Hi I would like to write an application that would allow me to access stats on my server and restart/stop/shutdown the server from the web. My questions is how could I programtically access windows services?   thanks You can use the ServiceController-Class of the System.ServiceProcess namespace. This is very easy to use, but you should be carefull as you will need special credentials do to this via web. Please mark this post "as the answer" if it is your solution.http://blog.norberteder.com -- http://www.dotnet-blog.comhttp://wpf-bloggers.com...

start/stop services
Hi I would like to write an application that would allow me to access stats on my server and restart/stop/shutdown the server from the web. My questions is how could I programtically access windows services?   thanks Hi, Look at this article : http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htm Hope this helps.Please give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for youSincerely,Jerome...

starting and stopping services
Hi can anyone tell me the commands for starting and stopping (inc. switches!) my SQL Anywhere service on NT 4? Is it just netstop <servicename> netstart <servicename> ? -- Regards, John Kingan Analyst/Programmer That should be it. /ck "John Kingan" <John.Kingan@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:Fg#J9c5aBHA.338@forums.sybase.com... > Hi can anyone tell me the commands for starting and stopping (inc. > switches!) my SQL Anywhere service on NT 4? > > Is it just > > netstop <servicename> > nets...

Starting SQLAnywhere as a service
I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine. But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT tries to run DBREMOTE before the engine. Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before DBREMOTE to get around this. My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product. I would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate registry entries itself. Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made? Thanks Richard Speiss In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTE...

stop and start all services
I only see in the docs how to start all ZEN services. There's nothing on how to stop all of them. Is this correct (you have to first find out which ones are running and then stop each one individually???) -- kjhurni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ novell-zenworks-configure -c Start Will allow you to start, stop and restart ZEN services. -- Joel Erickson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jbericks's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=33217 View this threa...

Starting SQLAnywhere as a service
I can't seem to start SQLA.. as a service. If I fire it up by hand everything is fine, when I try to start it as a service, it does not start, and if I try to start it from the services utility of NT, I get a error 1058 and a message that says that it has been disabled, but of course it is marked as auto. Any ideas? Mick ...

start/stop services
Hi I would like to write an application that would allow me to access stats on my server and restart/stop/shutdown the server from the web. My questions is how could I programtically access windows services?   thanks Try searching Web for "windows services c#" - you'll find a lot of examples how to access Windows services from C# or VB.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Web resources about - How to stop and start service from command line - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

SA Ambulance Service roster extra crews for expected spike in demand in extreme New Year’s Eve heat ...
EXTRA ambulance crews have been rostered to handle the expected spike in demand as revellers ring in the New Year in extreme heat tonight.

China's December services PMI edges up
ACTIVITY in China's services industry quickened in December, an official survey shows.

Sidecar to Close Ridesharing, Delivery Service on Dec. 31
Ridesharing and delivery service Sidecar will close on December 31, according to a blog post from Sidecar co-founder and CEO Sunil Paul . Sidecar ...

Chicago PMI Crashes, New Orders and Order Backlogs Plunge to May 2009 Level; Service Economy Headed for ...
... around 50 as Bloomberg suggests. The three jumps above 50 are counter-trend in a series that has been weakening for about a year. Service Economy ...

4 Secret Service agents injured in fatal New Hampshire car crash
CNN 4 Secret Service agents injured in fatal New Hampshire car crash CNN (CNN) Four Secret Service agents were injured Tuesday night in New ...

Secret Service Missed ‘Lessons Learned’ Review After 2011 Shooting
Officials failed to conduct an after-action review of how they missed a bullet that struck the White House for four days.

Cyber-Attack Said To Down BBC Websites, iPlayer Streaming Service
Folks trying to access the BBC ’s websites or catch up on the latest episode of EastEnders on the iPlayer platform this morning were met with ...

Acme to Close for a Complete Menu Revamp After Service on New Year's Eve
Acme is turning into a "contemporary bistro." The restaurant that helped introduce New Nordic cuisine to Manhattan, Acme, is taking an extended ...

Facebook's free internet service shut down in Egypt
Last week, regulators in India clamped down on Facebook's Free Basics in the country, and now Egypt is doing the same. The Associated Press reports ...