How to get the ASA version and the DB version ?

Hi all,

I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
about:
    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
ASA9 DB), size etc...

How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???

Thanks.

Lilian.

0
Lilian

SELECT @@VERSION FROM DUMMY;

This will return the version number of the server/engine you are connected
to.

"Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> about:
>    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
>    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> ASA9 DB), size etc...
>
> How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lilian.

0
Mark
10/5/2005 9:46:14 PM
And, select database_version from sys.sysinfo for the database version. You
will have to experiment to determine what numbers correspond to what
database versions.

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> about:
>    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
>    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> ASA9 DB), size etc...
>
> How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lilian.

0
Mark
10/5/2005 9:48:52 PM
.... but then where can I find an array with corresponding values ?

"Mark Hampton" <mhampton.removeme@datavantagecorp.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:43444a44@forums-1-dub...
> And, select database_version from sys.sysinfo for the database version.
You
> will have to experiment to determine what numbers correspond to what
> database versions.
>

> "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> > about:
> >    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
> >    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> > ASA9 DB), size etc...
> >
> > How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Lilian.

0
Lilian
10/6/2005 9:48:45 AM
And to get the DB size ???

"Mark Hampton" <mhampton.removeme@datavantagecorp.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:43444a44@forums-1-dub...
> And, select database_version from sys.sysinfo for the database version.
You
> will have to experiment to determine what numbers correspond to what
> database versions.
>

> "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> > about:
> >    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
> >    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> > ASA9 DB), size etc...
> >
> > How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Lilian.

0
Lilian
10/6/2005 10:23:47 AM
The database version has been 41 for some time now.  The engine now uses the
sys.syscapability table to determine what features exist in a given
database, but it's almost impossible to tell from that what exact version
was used to initialize the database.  The number in the sys.sysinfo table
posed some problems, since there were so many permutations and combinations.
A database initialized with v802 is different than a database initialized
with v5505, then had dbupgrad v6.04 run on it, then had the v800 dbupgrad
run it and then had the v802 dbupgad run it.

Going forward (as of v9.0.0 and higher), there is a table called
SYS.SYSHISTORY that tracks when a database was initialized and upgraded
(among many other things).

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"

"Mark Hampton" <mhampton.removeme@datavantagecorp.com> wrote in message
> And, select database_version from sys.sysinfo for the database version.
You
> will have to experiment to determine what numbers correspond to what
> database versions.
>

> "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> > about:
> >    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
> >    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> > ASA9 DB), size etc...
> >
> > How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Lilian.

0
Reg
10/6/2005 12:40:53 PM
select db_property( 'FileSize' ) * db_property( 'PageSize' )

will return the number of bytes in the main SYSTEM dbspace.  You can get
sizes of the other files associated with the database with the 'FileSize'
property as well.  See the docs for more details :

ASA Database Administration Guide
  Database Performance and Connection Properties
    Database properties
      Database-level properties

--

> And to get the DB size ???
>
> "Mark Hampton" <mhampton.removeme@datavantagecorp.com> a �crit dans le
> message de news:43444a44@forums-1-dub...
> > And, select database_version from sys.sysinfo for the database version.
> You
> > will have to experiment to determine what numbers correspond to what
> > database versions.
> >

> > "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some
information
> > > about:
> > >    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client
etc...
> > >    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5
or
> > > ASA9 DB), size etc...
> > >
> > > How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Lilian.

0
Reg
10/6/2005 12:44:33 PM
Foxhound works very hard to display a reasonably good guess at the
"database file version". For example:

 DSN	 db_5_5_4_1867
 Database file version	 5.5.4
 Engine version	 9.0.2.3193

 DSN	 db_6_0_1_1314
 Database file version	 6.0.1
 Engine version	 9.0.2.3193

 DSN	 db_9_0_1_1751
 Database file version	 9.0.1 (1751)
 Engine version	 9.0.2.3193

You can download Foxhound from
http://www.risingroad.com/foxhound_beta_3.html

There are a lot of enhancements in the Foxhound "to do list";
suggestions are welcome.

Breck

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20

Is it free ?

"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:lb3dk1tiv6jhfrn5spdmn767h6ps203uke@4ax.com...
> Foxhound works very hard to display a reasonably good guess at the
> "database file version". For example:
>
>  DSN db_5_5_4_1867
>  Database file version 5.5.4
>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
>
>  DSN db_6_0_1_1314
>  Database file version 6.0.1
>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
>
>  DSN db_9_0_1_1751
>  Database file version 9.0.1 (1751)
>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
>
> You can download Foxhound from
> http://www.risingroad.com/foxhound_beta_3.html
>
> There are a lot of enhancements in the Foxhound "to do list";
> suggestions are welcome.
>
> Breck
>
> On 5 Oct 2005 09:48:57 -0700, "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information
> >about:
> >    the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc...
> >    the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or
> >ASA9 DB), size etc...
> >
> >How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ???
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Lilian.
> >

> --
> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> bcarter@risingroad.com
> RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
> www.risingroad.com

0
Lilian
10/10/2005 9:05:32 AM
What problem did you have downloading it?

It is an InstallShield .exe. I can rename the file and send it to you
via email if you want.

The beta is free.

Breck

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
bcarter@risingroad.com
RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
www.risingroad.com
0
Breck
10/10/2005 11:49:19 AM
Link:
http://rroad.com:12346/registered_user_service?subservice_name=S01_request_download

Error:
Impossible de trouver le serveur ou
erreur DNS dans Internet Explorer

--> yes please, send it to me by email: lpigallio (a t) supralog ( d ot ) c
o m

Thanks.

"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:i1lkk11rv7srskmfl4lq809qfkhoui4e87@4ax.com...
> What problem did you have downloading it?
>
> It is an InstallShield .exe. I can rename the file and send it to you
> via email if you want.
>
> The beta is free.
>
> Breck
>
> On 10 Oct 2005 02:05:32 -0700, "Lilian Pigallio"
> <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >I can't download it... it's an EXE, or a DLL ?
> >
> >Is it free ?
> >

> >"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> a �crit dans
le
> >message de news:lb3dk1tiv6jhfrn5spdmn767h6ps203uke@4ax.com...
> >> Foxhound works very hard to display a reasonably good guess at the
> >> "database file version". For example:
> >>
> >>  DSN db_5_5_4_1867
> >>  Database file version 5.5.4
> >>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
> >>
> >>  DSN db_6_0_1_1314
> >>  Database file version 6.0.1
> >>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
> >>
> >>  DSN db_9_0_1_1751
> >>  Database file version 9.0.1 (1751)
> >>  Engine version 9.0.2.3193
> >>
> >> You can download Foxhound from
> >> http://www.risingroad.com/foxhound_beta_3.html
> >>
> >> There are a lot of enhancements in the Foxhound "to do list";
> >> suggestions are welcome.
> >>
> >> Breck

> >> --
> >> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> >> Buy the book:
> >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> >> bcarter@risingroad.com
> >> RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
> >> www.risingroad.com
> >

> --
> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> bcarter@risingroad.com
> RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
> www.risingroad.com

0
Lilian
10/10/2005 1:47:56 PM
The email is on the way.

Please try that link again, just to make sure it works now. The server
may have been unavailable when you tried earlier, but it is running
now.

Breck

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
bcarter@risingroad.com
RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
www.risingroad.com
0
Breck
10/10/2005 4:13:02 PM
Lilian Pigallio wrote:
> Link:
> http://rroad.com:12346/registered_user_service?subservice_name=S01_request_download
>
> Error:
> Impossible de trouver le serveur ou
> erreur DNS dans Internet Explorer

Hmm...I wonder if you are behind some firewall or something that does
not allow you access to port 12346 ?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
0
Greg
10/10/2005 4:57:15 PM
Mmm probably... is it WinXP SP2 Firewall or somewhere else ?

"Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Lilian Pigallio wrote:
> > Link:

http://rroad.com:12346/registered_user_service?subservice_name=S01_request_download

> > Error:
> > Impossible de trouver le serveur ou
> > erreur DNS dans Internet Explorer
> >

> Hmm...I wonder if you are behind some firewall or something that does
> not allow you access to port 12346 ?
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

0
Lilian

ASA-Versions an Windows-Versions
Hi I have some questions to ASA-Versions and Windows-Versions: Is ASA 9.0.1 compatible to Windows Vista? Will it be compatible to Windows 2008? I suppose, ASA 10.0.1 is compatible to Windows Vista? Will it also be compatible to Windows 2008? If, not, will there be an ASA 10.x, that is compatible to Windows 2008? When will the ASA 11 come? Thanks in advance, Alex Alex Wittler wrote: > Hi > > I have some questions to ASA-Versions and Windows-Versions: > > Is ASA 9.0.1 compatible to Windows Vista? Will it be compatible to Windows > 2008? >...

Problem Getting Started
In have run the 1317set.bat file and still get the following error: Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat). Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com Have you checked your connection string? This is sometimes caused by a faulty db connection. I am new to Rainbow and get the same error when trying to run it for the first time. Does not matter which of the following I comment out in web.config: <!-...

How to get DB version
Hy Everybody, is there a way to know the version of the engine with which was created a database? In other words, in the properties tab of a running database I can see the Version number, that I suppose would be the version of the engine with which the DB itself was first created. Is there a way to retrieve this value programmatically? Thanks in advance Alberto De Sandre Hy Harald, thank you for your reply! However @@version returns the version of the current ASA or ASE server, not the version of a database! I need the version with which one database was created to ...

having 2 version
Name: elvio Email: elviojrathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: having 2 version - english version and portuguese version Comments: I ´d like to know if it is possible to have both the English version and the Portuguese version at the same time Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 ...

Assembly version does not match db version. What could this mean?
Please can somebody help me out here! I am executing a clean install of DNN 4.03.07 via manual install as opposed to using the starter-kits installers, and always get the following confusing error message: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Unable to open the physical file "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke\Website\App_Data\Database.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Inetpub...

Installation ERROR: Assembly version does not match db version
I found this error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) My db is MS SQL 2005 Developers Edition which according to the documentation should can be used by DNN. Is there something Im missing. Check to see if there is a dnn.config file in the installs direcotry.  If there is try deleting the file and then accessing the site.S. Shawn MehaffiePC Resources, LLC Same Problem here...

Get DB Version and other information
Hello, In my application, I would like to display to the user in the Help/About what version the DB is, etc for support purposes to make things easier. Is there a SELECT statement or something you can send to the DB to get system information? Something like this: SELECT VERSION, PRODUCT FROM SYSTEM Or something as easy as that? -- Robert Paresi InnQuest Software Windows XP-Pro, SP2 Clarion 6.1ee 9031 "Robert Paresi" <robertintpa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41e7eb62$1@forums-2-dub... > Hello, > > In my application, I would ...

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

To get a new version of remote DB
I would like to reextract the remote DB. Can I just run the extract utility? Should I stop subscription before? What kind of pitfalls could I face? Yes, you can simply run dbxtract against the consolidated database to re-extract your remote user. The extract should be done on a either at isolation level 3, or against the consolidated database with no other connections, or it's possible that the data in the extracted database might not be 100% up to data with the data in the consolidated when the extract finishes. If neither of those options are possible, then have a re...

Get ASA version number through sql
I have an application that works with different databaese and different versions of ASA. When I start the application, I would like to know, if I am with ASA, which version of server is it. I send a dummy sql to the database and look in the sqlca.sqlreturndata, but I receive Sybase SQL Anywhere ( for older version ) , and SQL Anywhere ( for syb 10 ) ( or Oracle.... if oracle ) How can I get the version/built number of sybase? Claude Use SELECT @@VERSION FROM DUMMY You can find other global variables such as @@version in the help - find the section SQL Anywh...

SQLAnywhere versions (DB vs RT)
We just abandonded Power++ (way too buggy) and went back to PB5 for our current project. We created our database using the version of SQLAnywhere (5.50) that shipped with P++ and now we can't connect to it with PB5. Here's the real problem - we've got several tables with about 200 columns ( yes, we really need that many!). The SQLAnywhere engine that shipped with PB5 complains that our page size is too big. The app we're developing is going into about 400+ single-user sites where it will be using the Run-time database engine. I cannot find any info on the column lim...

OLE DB Provider with what version of ASA?
Hi there I need a DB which can be accessed as an OLE DB. Which ASA is the one delivering this? I assume SA 5.505 cannot deliver this ... Regards Martin -- MindPower IT Services __________________________________________________________ Internet-Mail:��� martin.baur@mindpower.com Internet (biz):�� http://www.mindpower.com PGP-Key:��������� http://www.mindpower.com/pgp.htm Voice:����������� +41-1-687 11 66 __________________________________________________________ v7 is the first version to ship with a native OLE DB provider. Before v7 (ie. v5.5.05) you could alway...

New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version?
Name: Allan Johnston Email: gramjonatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version? Comments: The latest Thunderbird download version, 2.xx has eliminated menus we use and has slowed our computer to a crawl. If the previous version is still available I would appreciate your forwarding it to us so we can get back to having a working program. Otherwise it's back to MS Outlook Express. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Should I get an upgrade version or "regular" version of VS .NET?
I'm eligible for an upgrade version of VS .NET because we own a license for VS6. Obviously, the upgrade version is cheaper. In trying to decide which to get, I have a few questions: 1-Do I need to have VS6 installed on the PC on which I install VS .NET? 2-Will I still be able to use VS6 to support existing VS6 developed applications? In other words, will I still be able to use VS6 and VS .NET separately? 3-Is there any advantage or disadvantage to getting one version or the other (upgrade vs. regular)? Any other input or comments greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time....

Web resources about - How to get the ASA version and the DB version ? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Authorized King James Version - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title page to the 1611 first edition of the Authorized Version Bible by Cornelis Boel shows the Apostles Peter and Paul seated centrally ...

Donald Trump accidentally calls right wing’s version of “religious liberty” exactly what it is: power ...
... make appeals to “religious freedom” they’re advocating for a restoration of lost privilege . Unlike his opponents’ more subtle version of Christian ...

Oculus is sending developers the finished version of its virtual reality headset
Oculus is sending developers the finished version of its Rift headset, according to a blog post . The shipments, which will be made this week, ...

Evernote Shutting Down Support for Clearly, Evernote for Pebble, and Versions of Skitch
Evernote announced that they will be ending support for multiple functions yesterday, bringing what is virtually a demise to Skitch for Windows, ...

Evernote to end support for Clearly, Evernote for Pebble, and versions of Skitch
... for Windows and mobile platforms made annotating images easy. Today, you can find the most popular features from these two apps in many versions ...

Ciena to Offer Commercial Version of ONOS SDN Operating System
The company in the first quarter 2016 will launch Blue Planet ONOS to help service providers embrace SDN and NFV for their data centers.

How Did Basketball End Up With Four Versions (And Counting) Of One Stat?
... usage rate is, or should be, or how it is calculated. Many analytics-minded observers don’t even know there are different, competing versions ...

The 11 Biggest Differences Between the Book and Movie Versions of The Force Awakens
Many movie novelizations are surprisingly different than the actual movies. The original Star Wars had a book version that was weirdly different ...

This 8-Bit Version of the Original Star Wars Trilogy Is Way Better Than the Prequels
CineFix’s 8-bit movie series are always good but this one on the original Star Wars trilogy is especially awesome because for each movie, the ...

'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Meet The New Stage Versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione
Casting for the upcoming play, featuring middle-aged versions of your favorite wizards, was announced, with opening night set for July 30 at ...