Fatal error: database error

On occasion our one of our database servers running at an offsite location
starts displaying the following message:
Fatal error: database error

While this is displayed, users are unable to connect to the database server.

Most of the time, the support team there has restarted the server and things
then work fine.  In one instance we have documented the messages leading up
to this error, as follows:

15:13:21 Finished checkpoint: Sat Mar 06 1999 15:13
15:26:19 User:APPdata1 disconnected
15:26:19 Database: \\servername\dir\data1.db stopped
15:26:19 dba:APPdata2 disconnected
15:26:19 Database: \\servername\dir\data2 stopped
15:26:19 Fatal error: database error
15:25:19 Fatal error: database error
15:56:28 Fatal error: database error
09:15:54 Fatal error: database error
etc...

The first messages are consistent with the last user in the system logging
out, where they are connected to one database file as their user ID and
three others as "dba".  So normally, we would see data3 and data4 being
disconnected and stopped.

As of yet this has not occurred at other locations, so we strongly suspect
the hardware, or perhaps an unauthorized change in configuration.  Any
assistance in trouble-shooting would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
--
Eric Speicher

0
Eric

According to Tech Support this may be fixed in build 1905.  Contact Tech
Support to obtain the EBF.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

jegan

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

Fatal Error: database error #2
Using SQL Anywhere 5.504 build 1096 at a client's location, the the database server occasionally starts giving the following message: "Fatal error: database error" in the messages section. Unfortunately, most of the time the server gets re-started, which clears the problem. On one occasion we've recorded a client beginning the logout process which disconnect the user from 4 database files. (They are logged in once as their users name and three times as "dba".) So, the sequence looks like this: 15:26:19 User:APPdata1 disconnected 15:26:19 Database: \\...

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

General error : internal database error ???
I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04; At this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the above mentioned error; We have tried most everything as it relates to the novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail; I am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me enough to go on; does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be happening ? I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no problem; tia Dennis Hank Have you tried comparing the SQLA instal...

Connection Error
When attempting to create a new query in Excel to access information from the Sybase database (blue) MS Query fatal errors and these are the only details: AppName: msqry32.exe AppVer: 10.0.2607.0 ModName: syodase.dll This was working up until recently. Is there a maximum limit on ports or connections for a sybase connection? We have been running and still are deploying, excel tools to display national data from our symposium databases, all of a sudden i am unable to build any more tools! Excel version is 2002 Windows version XP SP2 Symposium 4.01.07 Sybase ODBC connection (u...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

ERROR
Hi,Can anyone solve my problem?I am using the postgres database with postgres odbc driver.  I create a asp.net page to access this database. However, the error occurs sometimes but not everytime.I only thing solve it is to restart the iis.The error message is: ERROR - no error information available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR - no error information availableSourc...

Error 22- Database check error on MSG-database
Anyone a suggestion on this one? Can't fond very useful hits on support.novell.com searches. Code: -------------------- Checking message database msg205.db - 6658048 bytes, 10/03/07 09:53 - Current time 10:00 am STRUCTURAL VERIFICATION of database /media/nss/GW2/lvm2/ofmsg/msg205.db Verifying data Error 22- Database check error: Unknown Error 0x8210 (0x8210) Suggestion- Database file missing or invalid. No direct recovery possible. Attempt to recover file from external backup. If no backup exists, request explicit structural rebuild from Admin...

ODBC error (Database error)
Hi, We are working with PB 5.04 on Windows 95. When we use ODBC connectivity with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases we have problems with datetime (timestamp in SQLAnywhere) fields. The error that PB reports is : Database Error. SQLSTATE = 07006 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]: cannot convert 1990-07-14 00:00:00. -10742 to a date/time I have installed Windows95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Internet Explorer 4.01 (spanish version), Microsoft Outlook 98 (spanish version), PB 4 and PB 5.04. I have another PC with Windows 95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Inter...

Web resources about - Fatal error: database error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to β€œall payer claims databases.” ...

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Old database dump from Nexus Mods circulating in criminal circles: Change password
Nexus Mods, a gaming site which has mods for 216 games , warned users about a β€œ potential database breach ” after a Reddit user was alerted by ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

EFF confirms that the DEA has deleted its phone call database
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the NSA's massive surveillance program had a precursor: the Drug Enforcement Administration's USTO, which ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Free Red Book: Readings in Database Systems, 5th Edition
For the first time in ten years there has been an update to the classic Red Book , Readings in Database Systems , which offers "readers an opinionated ...