Fatal Error: database error #2

Using SQL Anywhere 5.504 build 1096 at a client's location, the the database
server occasionally starts giving the following message: "Fatal error:
database error" in the messages section.

Unfortunately, most of the time the server gets re-started, which clears the
problem.  On one occasion we've recorded a client beginning the logout
process which disconnect the user from 4 database files.  (They are logged
in once as their users name and three times as "dba".)  So, the sequence
looks like this:

15:26:19 User:APPdata1 disconnected
15:26:19 Database: \\servername\dir\data1.db stopped
15:26:19 dba:APPdata2 disconnected
15:26:19 Database: \\servername\dir\data2.db stopped
15:26:19 Fatal error: database error
15:26:19 Fatal error: database error
and so on until server is restarted.

Any assistance with trouble-shooting would be appreciated.  I've not seen
this on any other of 100+ servers with the same application.

--
Eric Speicher

0
Eric

I would start by running DBVALID on the database(s).
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

jegan

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Fatal error: database error
On occasion our one of our database servers running at an offsite location starts displaying the following message: Fatal error: database error While this is displayed, users are unable to connect to the database server. Most of the time, the support team there has restarted the server and things then work fine. In one instance we have documented the messages leading up to this error, as follows: 15:13:21 Finished checkpoint: Sat Mar 06 1999 15:13 15:26:19 User:APPdata1 disconnected 15:26:19 Database: \\servername\dir\data1.db stopped 15:26:19 dba:APPdata2 disconnected 15:26:...

errors errors errors..

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

Fatal error: Unknown device error #2
sybase version 9.0, EBF 1250, windows 200 server The server starts a single database and proceeds normally, at some point the server reports : E. 03/09 10:48:13. Fatal error: Unknown device error and shuts down. The output message file is attached. Thank you. Bill Urbanovsky I. 03/09 08:58:58. 1: -n I. 03/09 08:58:58. 2: irsaims I. 03/09 08:58:58. 3: -x I. 03/09 08:58:58. 4: TCPIP I. 03/09 08:58:58. 5: -p I. 03/09 08:58:58. 6: 1024 I. 03/09 08:58:58. 7: -i I. 03/09 08:58:58. 8: 720 I. 03/09 08:58:58. 9: -o I. 03/09 08:58:58. 10: serverlog.txt I. 03/09 08:58:58. 11:...

Connection Error
When attempting to create a new query in Excel to access information from the Sybase database (blue) MS Query fatal errors and these are the only details: AppName: msqry32.exe AppVer: 10.0.2607.0 ModName: syodase.dll This was working up until recently. Is there a maximum limit on ports or connections for a sybase connection? We have been running and still are deploying, excel tools to display national data from our symposium databases, all of a sudden i am unable to build any more tools! Excel version is 2002 Windows version XP SP2 Symposium 4.01.07 Sybase ODBC connection (u...

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Error detected (PDA453) #2
Hello, Is there anybody who can help me? I have googled a lot but I can't find anything useful about this linker error. I am using RADStudio XE7. The project is a C++ Builder service project. Both 32 and 64 compile fine, but the 64 bit linker runs into this fatal error. Any explanation what it means? Hoping that anybody can help... Markus Donath -- Bjarne Stroustrup about lambda expressions in C++: Some consider this "really neat!"; others see it as a way to write dangerously obscure code. IMO, both are right. ...

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Error detected (PDA453) #2
Hello, Is there anybody who can help me? I have googled a lot but I can't find anything useful about this linker error. I am using RADStudio XE7. The project is a C++ Builder service project. Both 32 and 64 compile fine, but the 64 bit linker runs into this fatal error. Any explanation what it means? Hoping that anybody can help... Markus Donath -- Bjarne Stroustrup about lambda expressions in C++: Some consider this "really neat!"; others see it as a way to write dangerously obscure code. IMO, both are right. ...

General error : internal database error ???
I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04; At this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the above mentioned error; We have tried most everything as it relates to the novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail; I am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me enough to go on; does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be happening ? I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no problem; tia Dennis Hank Have you tried comparing the SQLA instal...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Web resources about - Fatal Error: database error #2 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.

WATCH 'TROJAN HORSE' Trump wants database for Syrian refugees in US
WATCH 'TROJAN HORSE' Trump wants database for Syrian refugees in US

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...