Does ASA 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows 2000 Adv Server / Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as cluster service?

Hi all,

Simple question,
does the Sybase SQL Anywhere Database 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows
2000 Advanced Server or Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as a cluster
service?

Best Regards,
Carsten

0
Carsten

Yes 8.0.2 can run in a Windows Cluster. No it is not 'cluster aware'.

One example of ASA being configured in a cluster is outlined in:

How to Implement a Common Database for Pylon Anywhere within a Load-Balanced
Cluster
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1026325

Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
ug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Carsten Rambow" <sybase.news.spam@elomagic.de> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Simple question,
> does the Sybase SQL Anywhere Database 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows
> 2000 Advanced Server or Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as a cluster
> service?
>
> Best Regards,
> Carsten

0
Robert

iFolder 2.1 on a Windows 2000 Adv Server SP3 with Windows 2003 Ent Server in Domain
Hi, I have got a Windows 2000 Adv Server in a Domain with a Windows 2003 Ent Server. I can install iFolder 2.1 and have got the certificate services working fine. I have a problem at the end of the installation when you go in to manage the global setting. Once I login as administrator and the screen opens up. I get the error: Unable to add iFolder_ServerAgent to Global Settings LDAP. It works find on a single Windows 2000 Adv Server AD etc. Problem seems to be in a domain with a Windows 2003 Server being in the domain and hence the Active Directory updates causing a ...

can sqlanywhere 7.0 server run on windows 2003 server ?
Dear sir, I am using sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on a Window NT server. I will upgrade the server to windows 2003 server in a few weeks. Are there any problem for the sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on that platform? Please advise. Thankyou Kelvin. See http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html 7.04 is supported. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition and ...

Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003
Okay, hold your breath and try to not slug me for this one. I have a 450 MHz machine, a desktop actually. I have made Windows Server 2003 run on this and ASP.NET worked great. I am, however, concerned with performance. The system has 270 MB RAM. I don't know if the improvements from 2000 Server to 2003 Server are worth putting the latter on a slower machine. This is to be an IIS server. Comments? is it going to be a production server, or just a development box? (probably a stupid question, but you never can tell these days) for a development server performance is less of a co...

ASA 8.0.2 and windows 2003 server
Sybase officialy support ASA 8.0.2.43xx and above to run on a windows 2003 server machine. Because ASA 8.0.2.4308 and under were plenty of bugs, I'd to be sure that nobody have encountered issues with this Windows release. We ressell ASA with our ERP application and we don't need surprises. Any opinions ? ...

ASA 6.0.2 is running in Window 2003 Server ?
Hi We are using Adaptive Server Anywhere ISQL Version 6.0.2.2188. Our company is going to upgrade our system to windows 2003 server. My question is ASA 6.0.2.2188 is running in Window 2003 Server or not. If it is not running, do i need any patch file to download?. Thankz in advance with regards raja. Check out the supported platforms document: http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html Seems like 6.0.2 is archived... On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 03:31:30 -0400, <Raja> wrote: > Hi > > We are using Adaptive Server Anywhere ISQL Version 6.0.2....

ASA 8.0.2 performance on Windows 2003 Server
I'm in the process of replacing a client's server. The existing box runs Windows NT and is a P3 with 256Mg of ram. The new box is a P4 with a 1Gb of ram and fast RAID 10 disk array running Windows 2003 Server (using EBF 4361). The servers only run ASA and our own Software. My problem is that when I was running some benchmarks on one of the main processes, I noticed that the new box was taking more that twice as long to return the same results as the old box. This is on an exact same copy of the db, with the same cache settings! At first I thought it could be an incompatibil...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=890830 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft W...

performance of ASA 8.0.2 on dual processor Linux box vs Windows 2000 Server
We have a customer who would like to move their data from a Windows platform to a Linux platform. Has anyone done any benchmarks on ASA on Linux vs Windows? I know that ASA is written and optimized on a Windows platform and then "ported" to the other platforms. My experience with ASE is that it ran great on Unix boxes, but performance was terrible on Windows servers. I know that ASE is written and optimized for Unix... so I was wondering if the same issues exists for ASA when running under Linux. Michael Gould I've heard from a reliable source that Linux doesn...

Requesto of Information related to Adative Server SQL Anywhere 8.0.0.2213 and Windows Server 2003
Hi =BFI am traying to validate that Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Network Server version 8.0.0.2213 is to work properly with a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 ? Sybase Web Site only has published that version 8.0.2 is certified for Windows Server 2003 but I need to validate 8.0.0.2213 ASA 8.0.0 is very old software and will not run properly on Windows 2003. To run on Windows 2003 you need a minimum of 8.0.2 EBF 4127 or higher. Given the current support of SQL Anywhere, I recommend using 9.0.2 or 10.0.x. http://www.ianywhere.com/products/sql_anywhere_archived.html...

ASA run on Windows 2000 Cluster Server?
Hi All, Does the Sybase SQL Anywhere database 7.0.1 run on Windows 2000 Cluster Server (i.e. Windows 2000 Advanced Server) as a cluster service? Thanks! Best Regards, Simon I am not exactly sure what a 'cluster service' is, but there is no specific cluster support built into ASA. However, ASA will run fine running as a regular service in a cluster environment. For example, if you make the ASA service part of a resource group that contains the disk drive, failover should work to get the server restartd on another node. However, you would still have to ensure yo...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

Making a web site built with VWD 2008 compliant with ASP.NET 2.0 server (Windows Server 2003 build 5.2)
 I think I am running in an issue similar to http://forums.asp.net/t/1095291.aspx.I get an error that it can't find a namespace, with CS0246. It worked fine on my laptop, which makes me think I have to change a(some) configuration(s). My machine is using ASP.NET 3.5 and my server is configured to 2.0. Do I have an option that would change my web site on my machine to make everything ASP.NET 2.0 compliant, and then when I move it back to the server it willl be OK?Or should I do something on the server (it is Windows Server 2003)? Or should I do a little of both?Thank you fo...

Critical Update for SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (Windows) on Windows Server 2003 (KB829358)
Download this patch if you are using Windows Sharepoint Services (Windows Component) on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. This update addresses issues with WMSDE when used with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services on computers that are running Windows Server 2003. Refer to Knowledge Base article 829358 for more information regarding this patch. http://makeashorterlink.com/?I14825427 -- Regard: Joh@nnes � "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

ASA 8.0.1 on Windows Server 2003
Has anyone run ASA8.0.1 on Windows 2003? Does it install so that you can apply the maintenance release for 8.0.2? Thanks in advance, Christian Banister > Has anyone run ASA8.0.1 on Windows 2003? Does it install > so that you can apply the maintenance release for 8.0.2? > > Thanks in advance, > > Christian Banister I had problem to install v8.0.2 on Windows Server 2003. Following was the answer I got when I posted the question. According to this page http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html You need 8.0.2 EBF 4127 or higher for Win 2k...

Web resources about - Does ASA 8.0.2 or higher run on Windows 2000 Adv Server / Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as cluster service? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Forest City Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forest City Enterprises ( NYSE : FCEA , NYSE : FCEB ) is a $9-billion diversified real estate management and development company based in Cleveland ...

IBT Media Names Enterprise Editor
IBT Media has named John Simons enterprise editor, a new role at the company. Simons most recently served as IBT’s business editor. “John is ...

HP Enterprise Rises, HP Inc. Falls: FYQ4 Results Miss
Hewlett-Packard Inc. ( HPQ ) and HP Enterprise ( HPE ), which formally split in two this month, this evening announced a joint fiscal Q4 report ...

HP unveils Elite x2 Windows 10 hybrid for enterprise customers
HP today announced the HP Elite x2 a hybrid it says is perfectly designed for the mobile professional. According to HP, it is an "incredibly ...

Cisco acquiring UK-based Acano to bolster enterprise video products - Silicon Valley Business Journal ...
The San Jose-based networking giant is paying $700 million in cash and equity for the privately held maker of video and audio technology.

Mind Enterprises ready debut LP 'Idealistic," share title track
by Bill Pearis Italian artist Mind Enterprises, who released the single "Chapita" recently, has revealed his debut album, titled Idealistic, ...

Google hires VMware co-founder as cloud chief, aims for enterprise adoption
... the news, Google CEO Sundar Pichai called the company's product "a new development platform that makes it easy to build and maintain enterprise ...