Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help

Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors

DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709.
Registers:
EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150
ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7
EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
Stack dump:

Is it possible that the 5.0 database was upgraded?  I'm just thinking out
loud here....  I can't think of a reason that the PB 6.5 upgrade would
cause the SQL Anywhere db engine to have problems.  PB 6.5 should have
installed a newer version of SQL Anywhere (vs 5.5.04) so that could be the
problem.  If you have other DLL files located on your system but in a
different directory that is higher on the path it could cause problems.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Houston, TX

T Storm Systems <tstorm@home.com> wrote in article
<35F404B5.3F404D91@home.com>...
> Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors
>

> DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in
> module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709.
> Registers:
> EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216
> EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150
> ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7
> EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000
> Bytes at CS:EIP:
> 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
> Stack dump:

0
Jim

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

Cannot use SQL Anywhere 5.0 after updating to 6.5
Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709. Registers: EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7 EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 Stack dump: ...

error -83 using PB.6.0 and sqlanywhere 5.5.03
Hi, I have a SQL Anywhere server database sitting on a dedicated NT Server. I run the application from my client and I connect to the server database without any problems. However, a second developer attempts to run the application from his workstation and tries to connect to the same database the following messsage is received: -83 SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server: specified database not found I can connect many processes to the same database from a single workstation, but the moment I try and connect from another workstation...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP
I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out. Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the OS level connection? Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database and...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

Microsoft SQL 6.5 - PB 6.0 - Timestamps
We've been using Microsoft SQL Server timestamps in datawindows since PB 3.0. However, I've done a test conversion of our apps to 6.0 and now timestamps no longer seem to work. If you update a column in a datawindow with a timestamp, you will now invariably get back the message: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. No changes made to database. UPDATE b_lockbox SET address2 = 'test' WHERE lockbox_num = 5 AND tsequal(timestamp, ) In the PB 3 thru PB 5, the actual timestamp would appear after the comma and everything would work out hunky-dory. Now, not so go...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

Microsoft SQL 6.5 - PB 6.0 - Timestamps
We've been using Microsoft SQL Server timestamps in datawindows since PB 3.0. However, I've done a test conversion of our apps to 6.0 and now timestamps no longer seem to work. If you update a column in a datawindow with a timestamp, you will now invariably get back the message: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. No changes made to database. UPDATE b_lockbox SET address2 = 'test' WHERE lockbox_num = 5 AND tsequal(timestamp, ) In the PB 3 thru PB 5, the actual timestamp would appear after the comma and everything would work out hunky-dory. Now, not so go...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

pb 5.0 with sql server 6.5
hi, i am using ODBC to connect my PB5 application to MS Sql 6.5. I found that following error will occur if i want to retrieve a table which contain a text field from a datawindows "String Data, right truncation" error. How can i solve this? thanks! james ...

Web resources about - Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.