Cannot understand dbping error message

Am using dbping -c "dsn=testdsn" -d -z in a batch file and checking the
errorlevel if everything was OK. This job is run every 15 mins. It has
happened in few instances the dbping returns errorlevel 1 with following
error output
<<<<<
Connected to ASA Engine version 9.0.2.3137
Connected to the server, attempting to connect to a running database...
Database is running, but could not connect to it
Client disconnected

Any idea what this means ? Checked the database server console logs / dblogs
and could not find anything abnormal on the server-side .. Any way to switch
on more verbosity so that can get more detailed info next time this happens.
TIA

0
handheldmaster

handheldmaster wrote:
> Connected to ASA Engine version 9.0.2.3137
> Connected to the server, attempting to connect to a running database...
> Database is running, but could not connect to it
> Client disconnected

This is a somewhat strange one.  I have not been able to reproduce this
response from a bunch of tests I've just done.

Can you do the following:

   dbping -c "dsn=testdsn;log=c:/debug_conn.txt" -d -z -o c:/ping_out.txt

and post the contents of the two files (debug_conn.txt and ping_out.txt)?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> Can you do the following:
>
>   dbping -c "dsn=testdsn;log=c:/debug_conn.txt" -d -z -o c:/ping_out.txt
>
> and post the contents of the two files (debug_conn.txt and ping_out.txt)?

Have changed the command line to log into a file and waiting for it to
happen again ..... but currently was using the redirection parameter (see
below) .. am posting that output into the post when failure occured last
time around.

"%ASANY9%\win32\dbping.exe" -c "dsn=mydsn" -d -z >> dbping_out.txt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adaptive Server Anywhere Server Ping Utility Version 9.0.2.3137
Application information:
"HOST=MYPC;OS=Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack
2;PID=0xc70;THREAD=0x18ec;EXE=C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
902\win32\dbping.exe;VERSION=9.0.2.3137;API=DBLIB;TIMEZONEADJUSTMENT=-240"
Attempting to connect using:
DBN=mydsn;ENG=mydb;ASTOP=NO;DSN=mydsn;INT=YES;DBG=NO;DMRF=NO;LINKS=TCPIP{host=mydb.mydomain.local};COMP=NO
Attempting to connect to a running server...
Trying to start TCPIP link ...

TCP using Winsock version 2.0
My IP address is 192.1.1.33
My IP address is 127.0.0.1
    TCPIP link started successfully

Attempting TCPIP connection (address 192.0.32.10:2638 found in asasrv.ini
cache)

Trying to find server at cached address 192.0.32.10:2638 without
broadcasting
Found server, verifying server name
Found database server at address 192.0.32.10:2638
Found database server hhdb on TCPIP link
Connected to server over TCPIP at address 192.0.32.10:2638

Connected to ASA Engine version 9.0.2.3137
Connected to the server, attempting to connect to a running database...
Database is running, but could not connect to it
Client disconnected
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0
handheldmaster

How to understand this message on an error ??
ZCMagent 10.3.3 XP_SP3 Always see this errors: .... BUNDLE.UnknownExceptionOccurred: An Unknown exception occurred trying to process task: System.TypeInitializationException: ????????????? ???? "Novell.Zenworks.MDStatus.StatusLibrary" ????? ??????????. ---> Novell.Zenworks.Cache.Sqlite.SqliteException: Sqlite Error: 14 .... How and what repair ?? Serg -- skoltogyan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Skoltogyan, Does TID 7009494 help? -- Shaun Pond No... All Bundles have number > 2 !! -...

Error message I do not understand
Time to time I get this message on my server: "Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address XXX.XXX.XX.XXX or the address failed a ping test." Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and it's never logged in. Chucky, > "Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address > XXX.XXX.XX.XXX > or the address failed a ping test." > > Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and > it's never logged in. > That means that the DHCP server is going to h...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

The famous "General network error. Check your network documentation." error message
Been struggling with this one for a while. It seems to be a popular topic of discussion in several forums, however, all suggested fixes have failed to work for me. I've tried setting POOLING=FALSE. I've also tried setting CONNECTION RESET=FALSE. Although both of these have allowed me to keep a connection open for slightly longer, after a while I would get the familiar "General network error. Check your network documentation." error message. It seems that, in general, SQL 7.0 / ADO .NET does not like it when you keep connections open for more than a half hour, even if you are c...

Looking for error message documentation for CORBA error message
I am getting the error message: Error: CORBA System Exception: CORBA_BAD_OPERATION at line ...and can not seem to find any documentation on what changed or where to look. In the past when I have had the CORBA System Exceptions there is something logged in the svr.log but now I am getting nothing but the activate and deactivate entries. Thanks for the help. Scott Swafford BAD_OPERATION normally means you called a method that is not legal. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Scott Swafford" <sdswaffo@maplewoodsoftware> wrote in message news:yXYkE...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

Understanding 504 Error message
--------------020009050604090304020507 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When sending mail to a specific user I get the error message "Response: 504 DNS verification of sending machine failed: no mail will be accepted" Go to the knowledge base and find TID 10055382 It says "The MX record had the incorrect "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional Records Section." "Correct the MX record "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional ...

Trying to Understand An Error Message
Hello, I have Perl/CGI script that work fine but for the fact that it logs a message in the error log file. The message is: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at... Despite the message, the script does what it is supposed to do. I would like to know if this message is a harmless message or is it something that needs to be investigated and found a solution for? Thanks. Akbar Ehsan Internet Services Coordinator Central Office Ivy Tech Community College 9301 E. 59th St. Indianapolis, IN 46216 Phone: 1 317 921-4872 ----- Original Message ----- F...

FWD: Re: proliferation of error messages, sample of error messages
John, Here is a representative sample of the error output. Most of it has to do with DBI. But then it will generate a whole bunch of purely perl error messages about undefined variables, etc. However, while it is doing all of this, the application appears to be doing exactly what it is supposed to do! [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- dbd_st_execute 0 rows, referer: http://pin51.ucdavis.edu/EnterSample.pl? Login=tjmajcherek [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- execute, referer: http://pin51.ucdav...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

Dont understand the error message. How to fix it?
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 767: DataTable ds = getInventoryItemCategoryLeftTable(TreeId, LeafId); Line 768: ddl1.DataSource = ds; Line 769: ddl1.DataBind(); Line 770: Line 771: } Source File: ...

help to understand the following error message
Hi, we have some link it work ok on localmachine, but not on server I get error on ,  can any one help me to understand it Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEve...

Can not understand ADO error message
Hi, I have plan dataset with two tables. I'm using oledbcommand to delete records from access db. The oledbcommand simply call access query with parameters which are defined in the oledbcommand. When i'm calling the oledbAdapter.update(dataset , dataTable) method and there are more than one row(!) in one of the tables, i receive the following error message: "Concurrency violation: the DeleteCommand affected 0 records". Then i tried new thing. I'm iterating manually all over the dataset rows and calling oledbDataAdapter.update(dataRow) method for each sing...

Systems bombs out trying to display error message rather than displaying error message
Hi I am using the following method to display error messages in my asp.net c# system: currentPage.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<script language='javascript'> window.alert('" + strMsg + "')</script>")); However, at certain times this falls over with the message: The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases Is there a way round this, like maybe using a deferred message? Stapes hi stapes, Try using the ClientScriptManager to manage your javascript instead of adding it using a...

Web resources about - Cannot understand dbping error message - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store ...
Get Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

All sizes - Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply ...

"Understands" - YouTube
If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses. (Priorities USA Action is responsible for the content of this advertising)

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

Businesses don't understand FTAs, so how will they deal with the TPP?
The government is keen to negotiate free trade agreements to bolster economic activity, but new research shows it has its work cut out to educate ...