Can't start database using remote login

We have Problems starting the database using remote login (SQL Anywhere
5.5.04 Build #1867).

We have an NT 4.0-Client (SP5) and an NT 4.0-Server (SP5). We start the
database as followed

-  dbclient -n ILIAS_TEST -x TCPIP

In our intern net we can start the database without problems. On the
remote-pc I see the database in the explorer. But when I start the client I
always get "Server not found".

Are there any switches I can add or something else I can do to start the
database?

0
Jean

Give this a try:

dbclient -x tcpip{HOST=server's ip address;DOBROADCAST=NO;MYIP=ip address of
that client} SERVERNAME

If the client obtains an ip address via DHCP, use MYIP=NONE.

Steve Ayotte
Primavera Systems, Inc.
Jean Daniel Keller <jk@wwinformatik.ch> wrote in message
> We have Problems starting the database using remote login (SQL Anywhere
> 5.5.04 Build #1867).
>
> We have an NT 4.0-Client (SP5) and an NT 4.0-Server (SP5). We start the
> database as followed
>
> -  dbclient -n ILIAS_TEST -x TCPIP
>
> In our intern net we can start the database without problems. On the
> remote-pc I see the database in the explorer. But when I start the client
> always get "Server not found".
>
> Are there any switches I can add or something else I can do to start the
> database?

0
Steve
10/11/1999 1:08:08 PM
Thank you for the very fast answer. It works now. I was waiting for an
answer from the German-Sybase Support for more than a week.

Thank you very much.

Steve Ayotte schrieb in Nachricht ...
>Give this a try:
>
>dbclient -x tcpip{HOST=server's ip address;DOBROADCAST=NO;MYIP=ip address
of
>that client} SERVERNAME
>
>If the client obtains an ip address via DHCP, use MYIP=NONE.

0
Jean

4GB use -c 2000m can't start sqlanywhere
Hi I have 4GB RAM can I have modify NT boot.ini files multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows 2000 Advanced Server" /3GB /basevideo /sos But I use dbsrv7.exe -c 2000m -x tcpip f:\test.db , system disply error message Not enough memory ??? ASA can't support over 2GB RAM ??? Hi Allen, > I have 4GB RAM can I have modify NT boot.ini files > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows 2000 Advanced Server" > /3GB /basevideo /sos > But I use dbsrv7.exe -c 2000m -x tcpip f:\test.db , system disply err...

CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE Comments: Comments: Firefox4 Beta5 Fails. Before getting the main browser window I get a dialoge box with the following message. "The operation can not be completed because of an internal failure. A secure network communication has not been cleaned up correctly." Once ok is pressed main browser window opoens but I can not browse any web sites (i.e. enter any url in the address bar and a blank screen is displayed, but done is shown in the status bar bottom left hand corne...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

Can't upgrade browser, can't use myspace
Name: Jeff Email: safereturnatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't upgrade browser, can't use myspace Comments: I have an old computer and cannot upgrade to the latest version of firefox and myspace is forcing this upgrade to acccess my myspace page. How about myspace and mozilla make it easy on us with older computers. Please solve this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to th...

How do I use the Login controls with a remote host that has only SQL 2005 and dosn't allow the default Express database?
Hi, I have figured out how to make the login controls work on my personal machine but I'm not allowed to upload the SQL express database that is created that holds the login / user info that's  created by the web site admin tool. So, I need to be able to do the same thing but with a database that I already have at my host. I'm able to log in to that database of course, but I use the Mangement studio to do so. How can I create the database at the host, but using the tool that comes with Visual Web Developer 2008? Should I use an XML file instead or something? I want this to b...

Can't update my database because I can't retrieve the value from radiobuttonlist
Hello I am a beginner in ASP.NET and I am now developing a poll application but I had a problem and I could not solve it. The problem is that I could not use an update query because my SQL statement cannot retrieve the value from radiobuttonlist . I am now stack in this point and I could not complete my application. I could not  attach the website because I am not allowed. I don't know why. Note : the error message is  No value given for one or more required parameters.   My CODE : Conn.Open() Cmd3 = New OleDbCommand("Update PollAnswer Set PollCount = PollCount + 1 Where...

Why can't you clos the "last" tab anymore!? Very Annoying/disturbing if you want to have firefox ready to be used, but don't want it to show any given page when you start...
Name: Kim Email: kimdotholmbergatlivedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Why can't you clos the "last" tab anymore!? Very Annoying/disturbing if you want to have firefox ready to be used, but don't want it to show any given page when you start... Comments: Hello! Just a question! I find it slightly annoying that you cant't close the last tab anymore... => with the newer versions you always have to have a certain web-page open...!? Why's that.. Many firefox-user probably want to have firefox ready to be used (at least with the latest version which se...

Why I can't or won't use T-bird
Name: John Colman Email: cdbookieatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Why I can't or won't use T-bird Comments: It is late at night, I'm frustrated. I've spent hours over the past three days trying to get Thunderbird to run. As you can see I have a Yahoo account using Outlook (mine is getting buggy) for e-mail. I'm a confirmed Firefox user, so T-bird seemed the next step. I've use YPOP and webmail. Can't seem to get through the username/password screen. I've searched your faq's, read the tutorial. I'm really not a stupid p...

I can't creating database when i using Creat database.
I get a fail meg. like SQL error (-143)- column '@database_version' not found. Yes i think the problem can be at i have installed an ebf.......... but is it ? regards christian I had the same problem. I accidentally had 6.02 and 5.xx on my machine. My system path was finding the 5.xx libraries first, but I was running Create Database from 6.02 Sybase Central. Once I deleted the 5.xx directory and cleaned up my path the problem went away. Hope that helps. Christian Jonasson <christian.jonasson@brightid.se> wrote in message news:Necypc6S$GA.98@forums.sybase....

Help : can't login and can't register after moving the site to IIS
I tested the site in VS2005, created a user and Administrators role. Everythingworks fine in VS2005, I can login, add events,...I copied all the web site folder to an IIS server folder, including the app_datafolder. I can access the web site, it displays well, but I cannot login and I can't register a new member.Does anyone know how to correct this? It looks like it's a database problem,but I'm not sure, I'm kind of new with ASP and SQLExpress mdf file.Is it enough to just copy the app_data folder?Thanks a lot.Aymeric UPDATE : I isolated the problem, it's a write permission on the aspnetdb...

can't use it; can't browse; need to job hunt; now what?????
Name: pamela tandy Email: ptandyatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't use it; can't browse; need to job hunt; now what????? Comments: This was a heck of a time to exclude all those people using older computers. Mine is OS 10.3.9. I cannot upgrade because I do not have a job. I am depending on the internet for internet mystery shopping jobs. now i cannot get my email, and cannot use a browser. how perfectly stupid. i can imagine there are as many of me out there as there are those who cannot afford a digital tv. we are talking millions. good luck to all advert...

Web resources about - Can't start database using remote login - sybase.sqlanywhere.general