BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?

Anyone,

I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a
Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop.  I dont feel
like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI
proplems with this approach as well.

Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the
Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world.  If this is
even possible.

The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am
able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhere db.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Please send replies directly to me as well as
group so that I may get them as sson as possible.

Thanks
Miller

0
David

> Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP
> from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere
> world.  If this is even possible.
See:

http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=20227

A white paper entitled: "Migrating from Adaptive Server Anywhere to Adaptive
Server Enterprise".

Eoin.
--
Eoin Woods, NT Development, ASE Engineering, Sybase Inc.
Sybase (UK), Crown Lane, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8QZ

How do I synchronise local SQL Server Express db with my online SQL Server 2005 db?
For various reasons, I have a situation where the data in the SQL Server 2005 database hosted by my ISP is more up to date than the data in the matching SQL Server Express database on my own PC. I now want to synchronise these two databases but don't know how to do it. Because I am still developing my ASP.NET 3.5 app, which has not yet been opened up to users, I am only used to synchronising in the other direction by first using the Database Publishing Wizard within Visual Web Developer 2008 Express to create a suitable script associated with my SQL Server Express database and then runn...

Converting db from SQL Anywhere 5 to MS SQL Server 7
I have converted a SQL Anywhere 5 database to MS SQL Server 7 database. When the tables are converted are the primary key, foreign keys and indexes brought over to MS SQL Server 7 or do they all have to be recreated in the coverted tables? If they have to be recreated, is there a simple way to do it? Thanks, Sheldon Thompson How did you perform the migration? If you extracted the SQL schema for the tables, it should have included the indices in the SQL script. First thing is to use the admin tool and check to see if the indices were created. If not, then you need to extra...

Topic: Converting db from SQL Anywhere 5 to MS SQL Server 7
I have converted a SQL Anywhere 5 database to MS SQL Server 7 database. When the tables are converted are the primary key, foreign keys and indexes brought over to MS SQL Server 7 or do they all have to be recreated in the coverted tables? If they have to be recreated, is there a simple way to do it? By the way, I used the MS SQL Import/Export Utility to do the conversion. If there is another method, please let me know. Thanks, Sheldon Thompson ...

Deploy Sql Server Express DB to Sql Server Express
I have developed by webite with Visual Studio 2005 and sql server express. I'm trying to deploy my website to a VPS with sql server express running on it I ftp'd the App_Data folder to the remote via the 'copy web site' Everything seemed okay until I started trying to run more complex database operations using stored procedures and transactions. It appears that the schema is messed up because when defining the parameters for a stored procedure, upon ExecuteNonQuery I get the error that I've assigned too many parameters which I have not (since it runs fine on...

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

Can a Sql anywhere 6.0 db run on SQL Server equivalent dll files?
Hi, we have a client who is afraid that our sql anywhere 6 app deploys later dll files on top of their sql server files. Are the same dll files used in both db's? If so, could later files break their SQL SERVER app? Many thanks -- Phill Hayes Systems Analyst Standard & Poor's phillip_hayes@standardandpoors.com Whether you are referring to Sybase SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server there are no conflicts. What specific symptoms is your customer encountering? -- --------------------------------------- Rob Waywell Sybase Please Respond to Newsgroups Phi...

connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server
I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks....

Convert SQL Server DB to Access DB
Hi, I'm trying to convert a SQL Server 2000 database into a Access database because my hosting provider does not support SQL Server. I have tried the DTS, however it can only convert the tables, not the stored procedures. So is it possible to convert the stored procedures as well? I'm looking forwards to your response Phan Nguyen Hello, I believe you need some third-party components to do so, check the links below: MSSQL-to-Access 1.0 MSSQL Migration Toolkit v1.0 All are shareware tools, yuo can download and use them as a trial version. Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS,...

Exporting the SQL DB to a production SQL Server?
Anyone know the process of preparing the SQL Server to go from the MSDE environment to a produciton SQL Server? I do know the connection string and other DB related setting need to be changed, but specifically I would like info on transporting the .mdf file to a live SQL Server running SQL Server 7 or 2000. Thanks Chuke I have used DTS in the SQL 2000 or SQL 7 DB to import data from an MSDE database successfully in the past. You can connect to MSDE with Enterprise Manager and use the import / export wizard. Dave RanckDave Ranck Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with ...

Easiest way to move a SQL Server Express 2008 DB to SQL Server 2000?
Hello, I created an application in Visual Studio Express using the App_Data folder for my SQL Server Express 2008 database.  The machine that I have to port the application to is using SQL Server 2000.  What is the easiest way for me to take my SQL Express 2008 DB and get it onto the SQL Server 2000 machine?  I don't think that I can use Import/Export as the machines are not on the same network and cannott see one another. Thoughts? Also, are there any security issues with running SQL Server Express 2008 on the SQL Server 2000 machine?  Would there be any point? T...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

SQL Server DB Restore to Different DB Name
Hi, I always do a full backup of my database named "LMS". Lets say now i want to have another database (new DB name is LMS1) that have exactly the same content as LMS. I tried to use "Restore database" option but it seems to give me this error: "You are attempting to overwrite an existing database. Check the force restore over existing database option to overwrite the existing database." Then i go to check the force restore option but it give me another error: "The file 'c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql\data\LMS_Data.MDF' cannot...

how to synchronize sql anywhere db to mobilink consolidate db
Hi, thanks for reply :) Now i using 'mobilink' to syncronize my microsoft sql server data with a consolidate db. :) it is successfully running.Every changes in Microsoft sql server db occurring in mobilink consolidate database. but the problem is i can not synchronize my sqlanywhere database(which i made as a remote for sync) with this cosolidate database. can any body give me idea how to synchronize this sqlanywhere db with mobilink consolidate database. there is a one replication folder,one subscription folder and moblink user folder under the sqlanywhere...

Transferring DB from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005
Hi,I have an asp.net (C#) project running perfectly on 2 machines running SQL Express.I need to transfer it to a machine running SQL Server 2005 (I don't believe it has SQL Express installed). I've setup the database on the new machine by right clicking 'Data Connections', Selecting my machine as the server name and attaching the database file from the other machine in the App_Data folder. My connection string is as follows:    Data Source=My Machine Name;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Initial Catalog=ASPNETDB.mdf;Integrated Security=True It...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Hi,I have a asp web application, where i use sql server 2005 as backend. This application generates reports . Before i was using SQL Server 2000, now its migrated to 2005. When i generate report for small date range then it works fine. But when the date range is big then around half of the report is generated and the following error is thrown. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...out.asp, line 405  Am sure the webcode is working fine and am connecting to the Da...

Web resources about - BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

‘Can You Answer Me?!’ Matthews Confronts National Review Editor Over Trump Attacks
Chris Matthews got particularly heated with a National Review editor tonight over the anti-Trump manifesto , contending that the only reason ...

Watch New England Patriots Vs. Denver Broncos Live Online: Free Streaming, AFC Championship Game
The New England Patriots face the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship game Sunday, and fans can watch the game streaming live online legally ...

Academy’s Historic Changes Elicit Everything From Praise To Outrage To Making Some Members Very Nervous ...
Well, the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has never been accused of moving too swiftly on making sweeping changes, but they clearly ...

This is what the East Coast blizzard looks like from space
Satellites in space are keeping an eye on a huge storm bearing down on the eastern United States. A newly released NASA video shows the storm ...

European authorities angered by VW's North American compensation program
Filed under: Government/Legal , Volkswagen , Diesel Volkswagen is under attack by European legislators after refusing to expand its US compensation ...

What Apple’s latest VR hire means for this growing market
ANALYSIS: Apple invented the smartphone (even though it didn’t). It also invented the tablet … or maybe not. Now, it looks like it might invent ...

'Here's to Flint!' Flint's water disaster began with applause
Los Angeles Times 'Here's to Flint!' Flint's water disaster began with applause Los Angeles Times Pastor David Bullock holds up a bottle of ...

1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says
USA TODAY 1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says ABC News The CDC is investigating a multi-state ...

Skype to hide IP addresses by default, protecting gamers everywhere
Microsoft has rolled out a new version of the desktop Skype client that should make users of its service a little safer from denial-of-service ...

Editorial Cartoons: Stock market, China and oil prices
In this slideshow, we illustrate through cartoons the struggles on Wall Street the past few weeks and the main culprits are actually taking place ...