ASA 6 - PowerBuilder 6.5, connect without ODBC

Hello!

 I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server
without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use
"SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database
stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can
connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make
DataWindow.
 Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers
work really fast than ODBC-drivers.

With big respect
 Voronkov Nick.

my email is voronkov@engineer.com
0
on_01

ASA has a native ODBC driver.  I'm pretty sure you'll get better performance
out the ODBC driver for ASA than you would using an Open Client connection.

--
Reg Domaratzki
Sybase iAnywhere Solutions

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

<on_01/16/2001_at_0:00_AM> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
>  I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network
Server
> without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use
> "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database
> stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can
> connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make
> DataWindow.
>  Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such
drivers
> work really fast than ODBC-drivers.
>
> With big respect
>  Voronkov Nick.
>
> my email is voronkov@engineer.com

0
Reg
1/16/2001 2:39:27 PM
I installed in PB 6.5 its native SYT Library and connected to ASA as Open
Server. I improve performance in 4 times than with ODBC driver. But I can
not work with data window in PB. That is why I write applications under
ODBC driver and install transaction object for SYT library in runtime. All
work very good.

Nick.

Connect Power Builder 6.5 with ASA 7.03 without ODBC
I need connect Power Builder 6.5 with ASA 7.03 without ODBC No other connectivity option is supported as per the Notice provided below: Notice From Sybase: PowerBuilder Connectivity to Adaptive Server Anywhere Requires ODBC http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1011154 In some cases, you can connect without the ODBC manager but it still requires ODBC. Also, please be advised of the End of Life Notification for PowerBuilder 6.5 on Windows http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1013018 "Osvaldo Real" <oreal@integridad.com.ar> wrote in message news:xy5hXpwKBHA.275@forums.syba...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

Patched 6.5.4 with 6.5.6 but agents are still running 6.5.4
I recently attempted to patch GroupWise 6.5.4 with the most recent patch 6.5.6. After the update finished, I restarted the server, checked all agents and noticed that they all were still running version 6.5.4. However, the first time that I attempted the patch, and I got to the end of the installation, I chose the option to automatically update the startup files, and to start the PO and the Domain (after clicking finish). When the domain and the PO started on the server (after I clicked on finish), they where running 6.5.6, but when I restarted the server and checked the ver...

PB 6.5 connects to ASA 6.0 via OpenClient
Hi, Wonder if anyone has tried to connect to ASA 6.0 via openclient. I tried it and it doesn't seems to work. I believe I have setup all the necessary components. 1. I have created a database using Sybase Central 2. Started the db using dbsrv6 -x tcpip ... 3. setup my sql.ini using DSEDIT 4. I am able to ping the server with no error 5. setup db profile from within PB, can't connect, either an error about wrong id/pwd or two endpoints error I think I need to run some kind of pbsyc.sql file on ASA but 6.5 does not have a file for it. The one that comes in server...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

NW 6.5 WebAccess 6 / 6.5
Hello! I'm not able to view attachements in Webacc: The requested resource (/servlet/webacc/ounoYhokooBi/GWAP/HREF/) is not available. Some ideas to solve this Problem? Some in GW 6 and 6.5 ... Andreas Andreas, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Check the knowledgebase and SolutionNet databases at http://support.novell.com - Check all of the other suppo...

Upgrade from 6.5.3 to 6.5.6
Hi there, I have a GW 6.5.3 system running on a SUSE 9 server. I am moving to a new server and I want to also upgrade GW to 6.5.6 at the same time. I'm not sure how to go about doing that. My thought was to build the server, install NDS, install GW admin, graft my data, and install the agents using my 6.5.3 SDD. Then apply the patch after that. Does anyone have any advice on this? -- brownl573 * brownl573 , no need to install the 6.5.3 agents first, just install the 6.5.6 stuff directly. Else it sounds fine. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp ...

PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity
I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as an exe. I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1). I've done this and still have the same problems. Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1 desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe. If, it can be done then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative suggestions. BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no probl...

Connection ODBC to a ASE 6, updated from SQLAnywhere 5
Hello everyone I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which accesses a DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0 database. The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK). I get errors of the type SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication error What could have gone wrong? Does any one have any ideas please ? ...

updated from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6 but agents still run at 6.5.4
I recently attempted to update from GW 6.5.4 to GW 6.5.6. I ran the service pack and followed direction very closely, and once I finished updating the Primary Domain and the Post Office, I check marked to update the startup files and to launch the MTA and PO. When they launched after my update they were running at 6.5.6, but when I reset the server they went back to running at 6.5.4. I also need to update the GWIA and the WebAccess Agent. Do I have to do those separately? This is really the first time that I have ever patched a GW System. Are there more detailed instructi...

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

Can I: Client 6.5.6 w/ Server 6.5.5
Real basic, can I run the SP 6 client software against the SP 5 server agents? Ryan Yep Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

ASA 6.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5: ODBC driver conflict
Has anyone experienced conflicts between ODBC drivers from ASA 6.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5? The conflict causes the ODBC administrator to crash during installation of MS SQL data sources. If you've ever experienced this, did you find a solution? ...

Web resources about - ASA 6 - PowerBuilder 6.5, connect without ODBC - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles