Accessing Second Database from First Database

We are planning to store images as BLOBS in secondary
database. Is it possible to access the tables defined in
secondary database from primary database by means by view
and/or trigger?
0
Ashish

On 30 Mar 2005 13:35:23 -0800, Ashish Gupta wrote:

>We are planning to store images as BLOBS in secondary
>database. Is it possible to access the tables defined in
>secondary database from primary database by means by view
>and/or trigger?

You can use proxy tables.

Why do you want to separate the images into a different database?

Breck

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20

> On 30 Mar 2005 13:35:23 -0800, Ashish Gupta wrote:
>
> >We are planning to store images as BLOBS in secondary
> >database. Is it possible to access the tables defined in
> >secondary database from primary database by means by view
> >and/or trigger?
>
> You can use proxy tables.
>
> Why do you want to separate the images into a different
> database?
>
> Breck
>
> --
> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> Buy the book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> bcarter@risingroad.com
> RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
> www.risingroad.com
0
Ashish

how to access other database in this database ?

inserting record into second database from a stored procedure in first database
is it possible to insert record into second database from a stored procedure which is in first database? -keeara g------------------ If the store proc include an INSERT INTO statement.  Run a search for INSERT INTO in SQL Server BOL(books online).  Hope this helps.Kind regards,Gift Peddie...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

Oracle Database vs Access Database
I am eventually planning on moving from an Access database to an Oracle database. I have no idea how to do this from the beginning. I know they both use SQL statements, so maybe I would just need to mirror an oracle database after my access and change the connection strings? If someone could answer some questions or point me to a post or web link that describes this in good detail1. How much are oracle databases and where would I find one to download?2. How much more can they hold than access databases?3. Will it be easy to move all my data over or would I have to change a lot with my sql st...

Access Database and SQL Server database
Hi, I have an access database server and a sql server DB. The  Structure of both DB is same . The data is updated or inserted in access DB. I want to update SQL Server DB on a any event say button click. All updated data or new data in access DB should be reflected on SQL Server DB . Can anyone guide on the approach to be attempted. Thanks   Mark this as an answer if you find my it helpful.Thanks,Anubhuti ONe approach would be to use the System.Data.OleDb library and store connection strings for each database in your web.config file.  Each time you need ...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

updating Sql database from linked Access database
I got thrown into a new project that is going to require me to update an SQL server database tables from an Access table on the backend of an Oracle database on another server. At the end of each day the Access dabase will be updated from the Oracle database. What I need to do, is when the Access database is updated I need to have the table in the SQL database automaticaly updated. When a new record is added to the Access table I need the new record added to the SQL table. When a record is deleted in the Access table I need to keep that record in the SQL table and set a field to a value (...

repair access database with system database file
I'm using ADMSAccessService but have not found a way to inform the file system database (sysdb) to access the database microsoft access and repair it. Please help me. ...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

Conversion of a DNN Access database to SQL database
We have an Access version of the Dot Net Nuke database. We are upgrading to a server with SQL. We'd like to transfer the content from the Access database to the SQL database. Is this possible? Is there a utility available for this conversion. What should we be aware of as we try this? Take a look at http://www.freelance.supertoddler.com/Default.aspx?tabid=37 Rob Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily Thank for your excellent process! I was able to successfully move the data. ...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

How to lock the database for any user access during database update
Hello, I want to make significant changes to my database. During the time of the updates I want to be sure that no user can log on to the database. Does anybody know how I can achieve this ? Best regards Ulrich Reinbeck Avista Software / Germany reinbeck@avista-erp.com Shut down the database server, start up the database on the stand alone engine and make the modifications on your local machine. Only your local machine will be able to connect to the database when you start the database on the standalone engine. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Pleas...

migrate access database to sql anywhere database
I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL Anywhere database. Has anyone done this? I would like to use this database in sql anywhere to utilize the native drivers. Thankyou in advance david You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables. If you have a tool like Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure. BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC. There are no native drivers. Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article <34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>... > I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft ...

Web resources about - Accessing Second Database from First Database - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...