Access Violation in NTDll.dll

    Has anyone run across this error ? (Access violation in Ntdll.dll).   I
have a three teir application written in Delphi5.  The app server piece
normally uses ASE against a third teir database machine.  For the purposes
of portability and testing, we have redirected that app server at an ASA
database on the local machine.  Once I got the latest EBF's applied
(6.03.xxxx) everything seems to work fine.  The problem that I am having
though is when the application server's application closes down (i.e. the
last user disconnects) I get the "Access Violation in NtDll.Dll" message and
the server application hangs until it is clicked "OK".    This only occurs
against the ASA database and not against the ASE database, upon further
debugging I find that the access violation seems to really be coming from
the LIBSYBDB.dll.  Does this sound familiar to anyone, or does anyone have
any ideas ?
    Thanks,
        Rob

P.S.
    1) Just as a test I tried removing all of the close down functions to
the database, figuring I'd have a memory leak or an open connection left
hanging. But the error still occurs as the app exits.
    2) I am using the Db lib because when I used the CT lib, I got messages
from ASA stating somehing to the effect of "Attempted Read on a connection
while a read is in Progress".  Again, I do not get these messages from ASE,
so I don't think I did anything wrong in my code.

0
Rob

Is the database or database engine shutting down when the application
server disconnects?  If so, make the database or database engine stay up
and see if the same error occurs.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
7/27/2000 3:57:37 AM
Jim,
    I have the engine / database running on an NT 4 box with sp 6a.  The
database is running as a service so it does not close down.  Actually, after
the "OK" to the error the system continues to function normally and my
client application can reconnect and work without any problems, until I
close out of the app again.
   The only thing that should be shutting down is the server application
because there are no more active connections to it. When a connect is
received, the server app restarts if it is not already running.

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>Is the database or database engine shutting down when the application
>server disconnects?  If so, make the database or database engine stay up
>and see if the same error occurs.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Houston, TX
>http://www.eganomics.com
>
>Sybase Developers Network
>http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
Rob
7/27/2000 2:18:09 PM
What build of 6.0.3 are you running?
What are the parameters of the ODBC DSN?
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
7/28/2000 3:59:39 AM
    I am using 6.03 with EBF 3030.  It is running on an NT server v4 with
sp6a. Since this is to be a transportable version of my ASE database, I am
not using ODBC to connect to it, I am using the Open Client (v11.1.1 with
EBF 9070), since all of my users will have that installed anyway. Also,
since the app is written in Delphi, it allows me to use the same "alias" and
just change the sever name in the BDE definition. If I use ODBC, it supplies
a second alias in the BDE and then I have to make some app changes so it
will know which alias to go after in the BDB.  The Open Client adds a layer
of indirection so that the application talking to the BDE always goes after
the same alias, and I can just change the target server in the BDE
Definition. (Does that make sense ?)
    Just to restate my problem.  If I use the DBLib in Open Client,
everything works fine until the final application server connection closes.
When that happens, the application sever instance tries to close, since
there are no active clients, and I get an access violation in NTdl.dll.  I
do not get this when I use it against ASE.  If I use the CTLib, at various
points in the application I get messages stating something to the effect of
"Attempting read on a connection where a read is already executing". Once
that happens, the next message is "The connection has been marked Dead".
Also, I do not get this against ASE. One theory about the CTLib problem is
that it may be possible that I am running into the maximum number of
concurrent connections, but 1) I am still testing out that theory and 2) Why
wouldn't that be the case using dblib whare I can everything in the app
except leave, so I'm somewhat doubtful of that idea, but I need to check out
all possibilities since both of these cases leaves me dead in the water as
far as deploying the app goes.

    Thanks for your help,
       Rob

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>What build of 6.0.3 are you running?
>What are the parameters of the ODBC DSN?
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Houston, TX
>http://www.eganomics.com
>
>Sybase Developers Network
>http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
Rob
7/28/2000 3:45:37 PM
I think you're going to have to talk to Tech Support.  I don't have much
experience using Open Client when talking to ASA.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
7/28/2000 9:19:14 PM
Thanks for giving it a shot.  I am trying to use the CT-Lb and even ODBC as
well, since that might be a better way to distribute that way i won't have
to distribute open client to those users that don't already have it.  I have
a separate problem with that though, so I'll start a new thread for that.

    Thanks again,

    Rob

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>I think you're going to have to talk to Tech Support.  I don't have much
>experience using Open Client when talking to ASA.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Houston, TX
>http://www.eganomics.com
>
>Sybase Developers Network
>http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
Rob
7/31/2000 9:21:15 PM
I brought up the subject with the Tech Support Gurus here at the TechWave
conference and they said it should be possible.  But I'll see if I can
get them to get it working on my laptop.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
8/1/2000 3:13:51 AM
Thanks,  any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Rob

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>I brought up the subject with the Tech Support Gurus here at the TechWave
>conference and they said it should be possible.  But I'll see if I can
>get them to get it working on my laptop.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Houston, TX
>http://www.eganomics.com
>
>Sybase Developers Network
>http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
Rob
8/2/2000 5:56:45 PM
OK, no joy yet.  I had most of the best minds from iAnywhere Solutions
(except for Dave Fishburn) working on this problem in the lab at
TechWave.  I'll need to find the source code for the sp_server_info
procedure from my ASE 11.5 server and see if I can port it to ASA.  But,
that will probably just get us over the first hurdle.  More to come...
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

msado15.dll,ntdll.dll Access Violation in XP (sp3)
Hi every one.. Im try something.. I coded a little exe on win 7 64 bit with XE2... one form one adoquery one adoconnection one datasource one dbgrid my query has got one parameters... I create parameters by code. my code block: adoquery1.Close; adoquery1.SQL.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.CreateParameter('pr_param1',ftinteger,pdInput,0,0); showmessage(adoquery1.Parameters[0].Name); adoquery1.SQL.ADD('SELECT (SELECT table1.field1 FROM table1 WHERE table1.OPKODU=table2.OPERASYONKODU) AS OPISIM,* FROM table2 WHERE INCKEYNO=:pr_param1)...

Access violation in module ntdll.dll error
I was workinig on a rather lengthy application which ran fine until after introducing a new Graphics TBitmap object. The code which stopped and closed my application worked well before, but now I get this error: Access violation in module ntdll.dll... write of address 00000014 I'm not sure if this is the result of program changes I have made or thether my operating system (Win7) just happened to deteriorate at that time. The behavior is odd: The program operates continually with the statement: while (stop == false) step(); To stop and close the application I have this cod...

Windows7: access violations in ntdll.dll + DBX Error code -1
Each day when I run a program in Windows7 for the first time, I have a 60% chance of seeing errors like: Access violation at address 77415C2C in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address FFFE0018 and DBX Error. Error code: -1 If I run it once more after that error, it usually works, but not always. This seems related to: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=76871 but worse, because we are using Win7 32 bit, not 64. Obviously, this is related to the OS, because that doesn't happen in XP and to dbExpress, because I have no problem with programs that don't use Oracle....

Using DLL -- Access Violation
HI everyone, i don't know where to post this problem so I put it here because it deals with a DLL that connects to a web service. I'm writing a DLL that connects to a webService and that implements some business logic with the data it captures from the web service. This DLL has to be used by other languages. The problem I have is that when I try to use the DLL with other languages I get an access violation. I'm writing the DLL with Delphi 2009 Professional Edition and I try to use the DLL with a program writed in Delphi 6 professional. Why when I try to call a function from ...

How to Track Access Violation in a DLL
I am using CB2009 and CB6.0. I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good way to do this. Can anyone recommend an Embarcadero article or provide personal advice on the best way to setup my EXE and DLLs for tracking Access Violations in a dll. Thanks Patrick M. <patrick mikula> wrote in message news:164379@forums.codegear.com... > I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can > track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good ...

Access violation dbodbc6.dll
Hi! I'm referring a posting 'DBODBC6.DLL error when opening 4 tables in delphi 3' in comp.databases.sybase. The same exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 04C2DD40 in module 'dbodbc6.dll'. Write of address 04911064' is raised in our Delphi 4 application occasionally when the result set of the query is empty. It doesn't happen every time, but has happened more than once. How to proceed to decide if the problem is in dll or in Delphi or in our application? I'll inform more when we know more. Thanks Juho...

C DLL
I have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 and the new String type gives me some trouble. I use Delphi units to access *Lotus Notes API*, from a long time (I started using them in Delphi 3).From today and with the new version I'm getting AV error. Error : Access violation at address 6391C265 in module 'NLSCCSTR.DLL'. NLSCCSTR.DLL is a DLL that contains code used in the function DNAbbreviate. Just to give you a sample of two functions +function DNAbbreviate(Flags: LongInt;+ +TemplateName: PChar;+ +InName: PChar;+ ...

Access violation in PBDWE90.DLL
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windo...

Access violation in pbdwe90.dll
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windows 2...

Access Violation PBVM90.dll
I wrote similar topic in this group last few days. I Investigation what is wrong. My ActiveX has one simple method with passing some parameters And one event handler. This AcitveX looping in thread which occur the event each 3 seconds. I was put a code for get exceptions around at event occur point. I got an below error when call ActiveX method in ActiveX event handler. "Access violation at address 10B11627 in module 'PBVM90.dll'. Write of address 000000008" symptoms: - Can't call ActiveX method in ActiveX event handler with access violation e...

Access Violation in dboledb10.dll
Hi, I am getting access violation in dboledb10.dll (probably since one of the last EBF's) whenn accessing SQA 10 data from my Delphi 2009 Application. Sounds very similar to this one from Google Groups. http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/08f12872681c7936# Any hints or hopes for a cure? Regards, Andreas Wieland As a workaround I reinstalled SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 with EBF 3960 on the client machine. Everythng seems to work again, but still I am hoping for a fix for the problem in later EBF's ;-) Andreas, Is this i...

access violation dcc90.dll
1) D7 Perso : using line command parameter -hm when running the IDE will show the allocate blocs in the IDE title... Is there the same with D2005 ? 2) D2005 + a program running perfectly under D7 (no memory leaks) : after running (run + closing by F4 my app) from the 2005 IDE, this one crashes with an access violation in dcc90.dll ! Running (run + closing by F4 my app) the executable from Windows XP (outside the 2005 IDE) causes no messages... My app uses threads, that are correctly terminated at closing the program. What is dcc90.dll ? DH "David HAROUCHE&quo...

Access Violation in JS32.DLL
Using a current (as of today) CVS-snapshot MSVC6 thread-safe build of JS32.DLL, the following problem occurs, but *only* when using a "release" build (and yes, I have the /opt:noicf link option): When using capturing parenthesis in a deeply nested call to Array.split(), the actual regular expression used is /(\r?\n\r?\n)/, I get: "The instruction at "0x002843da" referenced memory at "0xffffffb8". The memory could not be "read". Click "Cancel" to debug and get: "Unhandled exception in program.exe (JS32.DLL): 0xC0000005...

Access violation when using DLL
I have a DLL to control a mobil printer but I get an access violation on FreeLibrary (nothing gets printed). The debugger stops here in the Controls unit. function DoControlMsg(ControlHandle: HWnd; var Message): Boolean; var Control: TWinControl; begin DoControlMsg := False; Control := FindControl(ControlHandle); if Control <> nil then with TMessage(Message) do begin Result := Control.Perform(Msg + CN_BASE, WParam, LParam); DoControlMsg := True; end; end; Here is the code: Var Bixolon: Thandle; PrinterOpen: function(strOutPortName: PW...

Web resources about - Access Violation in NTDll.dll - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.