5.5.03 Server + 5.5.0 Clients?

We have an OS/2 server running the 5.5.0 engine.
Sometimes we encounter assertions and would like to apply the patch
5.5.03.
All clients are remote and communicate over IPX/SPX.
Some clients use ODBC, others use ESQL.
Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the
clients?
Thanks for your help
Tobias
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Krueger                      Tel.: +49 6103 5881-41
Giegerich & Partner GmbH                       Fax:  +49 6103 5881-49
Daimlerstrasse, D-63303 Dreieich       eMail: tobias.krueger@giepa.de

Tobias
2/13/1998 10:50:49 AM
📁 sybase.sqlanywhere.general
📃 32637 articles.
⭐ 22 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 924 Views

>Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the
>clients?
Yes.
Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
2/13/1998 1:36:49 PM
Are you sure? I've been told (by an unhappy client) that there are
have been changes to replication that make mixing versions unwise, and
also that it is not possible to mix 5.5.x and 5.5.y on the same
client.
Breck
leotohill@csi.com (Leo Tohill) wrote:
>>Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the
>>clients?
>
>Yes.
>
>Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
>-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
bcarter
2/13/1998 1:59:43 PM
>Are you sure? I've been told (by an unhappy client) that there are
>have been changes to replication that make mixing versions unwise, and
>also that it is not possible to mix 5.5.x and 5.5.y on the same
>client.
The question comes up from time to time.  One of the Sybase folks here said that it's ok as long as
the upgraded end doesn't use any features introduced in that release.  It this can't be done, it'll
be really tough on those installations that have hundreds of subscribers.