100% CPU + 100%RAM

ASA 6.03.3008 on NT4
We prepared some reports that like to consume all of the server
resources. Some of them are invoked from PB, some are in stored
procedures.
Is there any way to set the resource limits for a user? Anything like a
profile in Oracle?

pb_with_hope_for_help

(kb)

0
Krzysztof

There are some asa server switches to turn off the dynamic cache resize and

specify a max cache size. Try this.

Cheers,

Hartmut Branz
Sybase Product Support Engineering
Adaptive Server Anywhere

Krzysztof Bobran wrote:

> ASA 6.03.3008 on NT4
> We prepared some reports that like to consume all of the server
> resources. Some of them are invoked from PB, some are in stored
> procedures.
> Is there any way to set the resource limits for a user? Anything like a
> profile in Oracle?
>
> pb_with_hope_for_help
>
> (kb)

0
Hartmut
11/7/2000 11:05:16 AM
Well,
I would like to give a chance of working with my database to other users while
I am in a course of creating the resource consuming report. It seems Your idea
is not a solution...

(kb)

Hartmut Branz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are some asa server switches to turn off the dynamic cache resize and
>
> specify a max cache size. Try this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hartmut Branz
> Sybase Product Support Engineering
> Adaptive Server Anywhere
>
> Krzysztof Bobran wrote:
>
> > ASA 6.03.3008 on NT4
> > We prepared some reports that like to consume all of the server
> > resources. Some of them are invoked from PB, some are in stored
> > procedures.
> > Is there any way to set the resource limits for a user? Anything like a
> > profile in Oracle?
> >
> > pb_with_hope_for_help
> >
> > (kb)

0
Krzysztof
11/7/2000 3:42:09 PM
Try setting temporary option background_priority to 'on' before executing
report, and restore it afterwards. Also, you could increase number of
threads that engine uses (-gx -gt -gn parameters if my memory serves me
well).

Goran

Krzysztof Bobran wrote in message <3A0822D1.57EC1D71@seth.pl>...
>Well,
>I would like to give a chance of working with my database to other users
while
>I am in a course of creating the resource consuming report. It seems Your
idea
>is not a solution...
>
>(kb)

0
Goran

in last FF2 and in FF3 RC1, one site hangs them 100% of the time, 100% CPU
Name: len conrad Email: lconradatgo2francedotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: in last FF2 and in FF3 RC1, one site hangs them 100% of the time, 100% CPU Comments: Win XP SP3 Entering a news-medical.net article URL into the FF3RC1 address field works. But, in Google RSS reader, clicking on a news-medical.net link, which goes to a Google URL first, and then to the site, hangs FF2/FF3RC1 every time, 100% CPU. This started a couple weeks ago. news-medical.net is the only site, of 10s of my RSS feeds, where this problem occurs. Browser Details: Mozi...

CPU at 100%
Is there a tool that will show what is causing the CPU to peg at 100%? I tried portal, server health but I could not find any info on NLM's Portal (NRM), profile debug info, profile CPU by NLM Or monitor - kernel - threads -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

100% CPU
Hi, I tried to install a 12.5.2 ESD#2 dataserver on tru64 5.1A. At the first connexion, CPU take 100% and never decrease. I must shutdown dataserver. I 've install the same version on 5.1B OS and all is OK. What's wrong ? TIA Michel ...

CPU 100%
I have a 100% CPU usage since 3 or 4 days ago. It's very common to have this situation with my server, which is not slow. Netware : 6.5 Processor: 2.6Ghz Memory: 1Gb. What should be the problem? Next time it happens, look in Monitor - kernel - threads, and NRM - profile/debug info - profile CPU execution by NLM to see what is using the CPU. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. One furth...

How can I turn a -100 into 100
This may sound silly, but I'm calculating how much someone owes over time verses how much they have paid for that period. So if they owe more than they have paid the result is an under payment amount like -$100. Then I need to add the -$100 to the new payment due, let's say $100. So the total Due is $200. But if I add -100 to 100 that equals 0. Any suggestions?  Thank youJackxxx I think I got it, however, If someone can see how it might be done better, please let me know. SUM(P.TotalPaid - D.TotalOfAmountDue) AS UnderOverPayment, CASE WHEN (SUM(P.TotalPaid - D.TotalOfAmo...

100% CPU
This is a follow up to an issue I reported here a while back. Basically, at times SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (and Netscape 7.1 and 7.2 before it) will consume 100% CPU. When that happens I have to kill the processes and fire it up again. I'm running XP Pro SP2 on an IBM T42 laptop equipped w wireless. One thing I've noticed is that undocking the laptop often triggers this...redocking does sometimes as well. ANy ideas? thanks chuck Chuck Mryglot wrote: > This is a follow up to an issue I reported here a while back. > Basically, at times SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (and Netscape 7...

100% CPU
Hi We have a strange one here. Box is an IBM 345 that is one node of a two node cluster. Originally build using NW6.5 SP2 overlay CDs we had the same nightmares as everyone else for nearly a year until the release of SP3a whereby the product became fit for purpose, staying up for months at a time with no problems. As SP4a had been out a while I decided to patch this two node cluster as a test. One node installed ok but the were problems with this one. In common with alot of people I had the installation stop towards the end as it couldn't unload java. Server would not ...

RegEx for numbers Between -100 and 100
Hi. What is the regular expression for integers between -100 and 100 (including -100 and 100) ? Thanks. Hi, This should do it: (^[0-9]{1}$|^[1-9]{1}[0-9]{1}$|^100$)|(^-[1-9]{1}$|^-[1-9]{1}[0-9]{1}$|^-100$) First set of parenthese is for the positive digits and the last one for the negative.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Why dont you use the Range Validator controlSet its minimumValue property to -100 and the maximumValue to 100. the Type property should be integerHC Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | I'll give it a t...

CPU at 100%
Running Windows XP and have GW 5.5 - set for auto update every 10 minutes to a remote server across the internet. From time to time, at no particular time, GW.exe will max the CPU to 100% and lock the PC indefinatly. I close the application down using task MGR. Need some help with this issue. D. Dstein, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at h...

CPU at 100%
Name: Jason Wischer Email: pimpmaster68_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: CPU at 100% Comments: It is very frustrating when downloading pictures for both 1.0.7 and 1.5beta2 CPU jumps to 100% for a couple seconds. I do not believe 1.5beta1 had this issue. (the only version that did not) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20051006 Firefox/1.4.1 ...

CPU at 100%
Running Windows XP and have GW 5.5 Enhancment Pack - set for auto update every 10 minutes to a remote server across the internet. From time to time, at no particular time, GW.exe will max the CPU to 100% and lock the PC indefinatly. I close the application down using task MGR. Need some help with this issue. D. dstein@ecce2.com wrote: > > Running Windows XP and have GW 5.5 Enhancment Pack this forum is for GroupWise 6.x clients. Please ask questions about older versions in the groupwise.discontinued forum. -- Jim NSC SYsop Yep...seen that after the post, ...

100% CPU
Hello everyone, I have got a problem with ASA 7.01 Sometimes it takes 100% CPU doing nothing ? (no active clients are working) Is there a way to check what DB currently working on ? Best regards, Waldek Grudzien sa_conn_info will show you the list of connected users and their current state (i.e. execute a query, idle, ...) -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame&...

100% CPU
Since updating to 2.0.0.6 my FireFox has become rather sluggish. Whenever I go to a new page, refresh a page, or go to a previous page the CPU usage jumps to 100% for a few seconds. I perform the action (ie. refresh a page) and the CPU usage takes about a second to rise to 100%, it then stays there for another second or so before taking another second or so to reduce to the normal level. I just tried it out with the dreaded IE, which doesn't show that sort of behaviour - and I don't recall FF doing it before. Task Manager identifies the culprit as being FireFox. Anybody ...

100% stealth and 100% Leakproofing
www.PCflank.com tests software firewalls for stealth operation and leak proofing. Who is stealthy under all these probes? a.. TCP ping packet Description: An uniquely configured TCP packet with the ACK flag b.. TCP NULL packet Description: An uniquely configured TCP packet that contain a sequence number but no flags c.. TCP FIN packet Description: The TCP FIN scanning is able to pass undetected through most personal firewalls, packet filters, and scan detection programs. The scan utilizes TCP packet with the FIN flag d.. TCP XMAS packet Description: The TCP packe...

Web resources about - 100% CPU + 100%RAM - sybase.sqlanywhere.general