Powerbuilder 8 Migration Problem

I recently migrated my application from PB7 to PB8.  Now in PB8 I can not
view my datawindows in graphic mode.  It looks like Powerbuilder looks for
columns to be in uppercase when my columns are in lowercase.  If I change
them (in syntax mode) it works fine.  I don't want to have to do this for
hundreds of datawindows.  Does anyone have a good solution for this?

Thanks,
Terry
0
Terry
5/1/2002 8:22:49 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Terry,
You've posted this in the wrong forum.  I would repost in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general.

--
Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

<Terry> wrote in message
> I recently migrated my application from PB7 to PB8.  Now in PB8 I can not
> view my datawindows in graphic mode.  It looks like Powerbuilder looks for
> columns to be in uppercase when my columns are in lowercase.  If I change
> them (in syntax mode) it works fine.  I don't want to have to do this for
> hundreds of datawindows.  Does anyone have a good solution for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Terry

0
Paul

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Problem with PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle-JDBC 8.1.7
Hello all. I have a Problem connecting from PowerBuilder 8.0.1 (Build 8004) to a Oracle 8.1.7 database with the Oracle JDBC-Thin and -OCI Driver (also Version 8.1.7, JDK 1.22). When I�m connecting from PowerBuilder Development Environment, and activating "Trace JDBC Calls" in the Options Tab of the profiles, the following error messages is written to the log-file. But working in the DataBase-Painter no error message is shown to me. I can successfully connect and disconnect the database, and execute SQL-statements. I want to use this JDBC-Driver with PowerBuilder-Component...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 8.0.0 to 8.0.2
Hi, We are planning to migrate one application from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 which uses SQL Remote for replication. So, can we install two different versions of SQL Anywhere Studio i.e. 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine? If not, then what are the migration issues, if any. Do I need to make changes in my existing code which interact with database? What is the overall effect of migration on SQL Remote stuff? Pointers most welcome. Thanks in advance. Pankaj Gupta Yes you can install 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine. You do have to explicitly specify path information for the s...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Problem migrating from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2
I upgraded my app from 8.0.1.build 8004 to 8.0.2 build 9056 and there is an immediate problem. A number of DWs crash with an Oracle 904 error (invalid column). It appears that quite a few of the computed column in the SQL painter have ben defined without an alias. PB 8.0.1 was happy with this and gave the column a name (compute_0001 etc). PB 8.0.2 crashes when the DW is run. I have to give the computed columns aliases. The problem is when I do this the formatting of the layout changes. I guess I could export and change the DWs but does anyone know of a way I can get the DWs to work with...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

8.0.1 to 8.0.2 project migrating problem
Hello, Are there any special changes required to project (C++, Embedded SQL) settings while migrating from 8.0.1 ASA to 8.0.2 ? We've faced problem with ulgen tool. Our project contain 2 .sqc files and running ulgen we receive error. We tried to split 2 files into 3,4,5,6 etc. but this is not the solution. Below is what we receive while running sqlpp 2 times on each sqc file and ulgen next. When we removed line 1644 from File2.sqc file the next statement could not be processed. The only solution for that problem was to make sqc file smaller - but it doesn't meet our r...

Window saving problems after migrating from 8.01 to 8.03 9704
Dear List, Has anyone experienced any issues and have any resolutions for Window saving problems after recently migrating application from 8.01 to 8.03 9704. This PB application worked problem free under 8.01 but after migrating to 8.03 we cannot save some windows after making changes without PB crashing after several minutes of frantic disk activity. What do you mean by "can't save some windows"? Did the migration of the libraries go error-free? Did everything regenerate? What errors or messages are you seeing? Before making the changes, make sure you've...

PowerBuilder 8
Hello All, My company is planning on migrating are large application from 6.5.1 to PB 8.x. I have a few questions in regards to this... (1) Has Sybase published a list of PB 8 migration issues, do's and don'ts...? (2) Has Sybase published a list of current bug issues in PB v8.0...? (3) Has anyone migrated to PB 8, particularly from 6.x...? Thanks You... Jacob L. jacob_ll@yahoo.com Jacob, As to #3, I migrated a large 6.5.1 PFC-based application to PB8 (beta 4) several weeks ago. There was absolutely no problems encountered during the migration. It even...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

8.0.1 to 8.0.2 project migrating problem #2
Hello, Are there any special changes required to project (C++, Embedded SQL) settings while migrating from 8.0.1 ASA to 8.0.2 ? We've faced problem with ulgen tool. Our project contain 2 .sqc files and running ulgen we receive error. We tried to split 2 files into 3,4,5,6 etc. but this is not the solution. Below is what we receive while running sqlpp 2 times on each sqc file and ulgen next. When we removed line 1644 from File2.sqc file the next statement could not be processed. The only solution for that problem was to make sqc file smaller - but it doesn't meet our r...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 8 Migration Problem - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles