Command line script to get latest from VSS for PB 8

Hi!

I am using Powerbuilder 8 and Microsoft Visual Source Safe for the source
control. I am trying to create a batch file which will get the latest source
from the VSS and will start the build. My problem is how to get the latest
source from the VSS, using batch file. I have the script for creating the build
from command line but now I am stuck with the latest source problem.

I was searching for the help on the net and I found that PB 9 comes with a
utility ORCASCR9.exe by using which I can easily perform the desired tasks but
that utility does not run with PB 8... so noway to go now for me.

If anybody is having any idea, how to do it using PB 8 please post me the
answer.

Thanks

Ajay
Ajay
11/30/2003 2:29:57 PM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You'd really need to upgrade to PB9 to make that happen easily.
Otherwise, you'd have to write some script in whaterver VSS
understands to pull out the source code, and then write another
utility that accepts command line arguments and then does the ORCA
calls necessary to import the files into the appropriate libraries.

Or you might consider PowerGen, which allows you to drive it from the
command line and which can do the pull and the compile.

On 30 Nov 2003 06:29:57 -0800, "Ajay K Dixit" <ajaykd@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I am using Powerbuilder 8 and Microsoft Visual Source Safe for the source
>control. I am trying to create a batch file which will get the latest source
>from the VSS and will start the build. My problem is how to get the latest
>source from the VSS, using batch file. I have the script for creating the build
>from command line but now I am stuck with the latest source problem.
>
>I was searching for the help on the net and I found that PB 9 comes with a
>utility ORCASCR9.exe by using which I can easily perform the desired tasks but
>that utility does not run with PB 8... so noway to go now for me.
>
>If anybody is having any idea, how to do it using PB 8 please post me the
>answer.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ajay
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

How do you add PBR files to source control and do a get latest within PB
Jason Not supported from within PB. You'll have to manage your PBR files separately, along with any other non-PB artifact. To add them to source control, you'd use the UI from the SCC provider, and add the files manually. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message news:40155c4e$1@forums-1-dub... > Jason > > ...

PB 8.0.3 and VSS "Get Latest" issue
Doing a Get Latest on the Application Object, and selecting to Get Latest versions of all objects in the application, results in VSS prompting to "replace existing" files on the computer. If I choose "Apply to all items" and click OK, I would expect PB to tell VSS to go ahead and ... "Apply this action to all items" as I indicated; but it doesn't. It prompts me for each and every library in the application, and after making the same selections 20 or 30 times (it's a large application), you just want to scream. Has anyone a "work around"...

PB 8.02 -> MS VSS
Hi, Found odd behavior in an old PB8-app we are trying to migrate to PB10. Having a Window object using an OLEControl for viewing Excel files. This window causes Powerbuilder crash when doing 'get latest version' at target or object level. Section internally (.srw file) causing VSS/PB GPF: =========================================== type ole_1 from olecontrol within w_rapp_aviseringar event queryinterface ( ref oleobject riid, ref pointer ppvobj ) event addref ( ) event release ( ) event selectionchange ( ref oleobject target ) event beforedoubleclick ( ref oleobject ...

VSS 6.0d and PB 8.03 build 9704
Very odd behavior here - we have a fairly large project, 40 pbls, under VSS. Our development staff checked their code in for a particular build, and two days later, on our build machine, we performed a "Get Latest" ... oddly enough, PowerBuilder did NOT get the Latest versions of all source files (causing obvious panic and problems following the build, which did not function as expected). When we opened the project back-up, the "status" on those objects showed they were "ok" (i.e., that they did not need to be refreshed), but forcing a get latest on thos...

PB 8 and source control
Hi We develop a rather large application with about 6000 objects in source control. We are using MSVSS 6.0 Build 9447 as source control. We have tried a several time to move up from PB7 to PB8 (last 8.0.3 9704) but yet we haven't been able to do a GetLatestVersion on our project. First of all it takes about � hour to import all objects and then about 1 hour to regenerate all objects. But PB8 then don't seem able to keep track of the inheretance of objects because we are geting error messages like functions not found and objects not found when regenerating. Has anyone else exp...

PB 8 and source-control
now with pb8, the develepoer checks-out from their local machine and checks-in into the local machine. in pb7, the check-out pbl used to be on the network and since the network was being backed up daily we had no problem of losing (modified checked-out) source code. I was wondering how I can accomplish that with PB8? Thanks What SCC are you using?? I can only tell you what I have..I'm using PVCS VM 6.8 with PB 8.01 Build 9056 on Win 2000 Pro workstations. The VM project is on our shared drive. I setup the initial workstation skeleton and had my teammates copy it to the...

PB 8 Source Control
I am using PVCS Source Control with PB8. We use PFC with a corporate layer. How do I add PFC to a multiple targets and have the PFC objects locked? The docs on Using Source Control are pretty basic and the Technical Document "PowerBuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" is wrong for PB8. Is there any more in-depth documentation available or planned? Ask Roy Kiesler. <g> Mike Niemann, PBBrowser Author <Dan_McCarthy> wrote in message news:4EC2A8E975A944E30048D6FA85256AEF.0048D70A85256AEF@webforums... > I am using PVCS Source Control with PB8. We use ...

pb 8.0.1.8004 crashes with 'get latest version...' (pb native)
hi there, target contains pb application with 16 pbl's with 704 objects (migrated of pb7). All Objects are added to PBNative Source Control. If I select 'get latest versions...' on target and 'select multiple files contained this target', pb crashes on different objects (during importing phase). Sometimes it works fine, but most not!!!! TIA, justus maier System is Win2000 SP2 with 256 MB RAM This same problem happens to us with each and every build of PB8. So, we gave up using that method and instead use PowerGen when we need to create a new set of ...

Source control in pb 8.0
SCC:VSS Pb Version:8.0.1 Copy of pbl should exist in the local or it's optional(i.e we can attach the lib from the shared drive) one thing i noticed is if i attach the pbl from the shared drive, objects r not listing as registered in VSS it is dispalying as + sign..what could be the problem ... ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Don't register the objects from PBLs on a shared LAN drive. Create the folder structure locally, copy the PBLs onto your local drive, and register the objects from there. Each ...

To get the latest version from the source control
Hi. Is it possible to run the "Get latest version ..." of the source control using the ORCASCRIPT for multiple targets in one session? What is the syntax? I tried this: start session .... scc set target "Overvaak.pbt" ... scc refresh target FULL scc set target "fil1.pbt" ... scc refresh target FULL scc close end session This failed! So I tried to run the targets into separate sessions, in one batch file but this also failed: start session .... scc set target "Overvaak.pbt" ... scc refresh target FULL scc close end session ...

Source control: get latest version?
Does anyone know how to get latest version from VSS without causing a general failure? I've a big project (about 500 objects) written with PB 8.0.1 and I need to sychronize all objects from Microsof Visual surce safe 6.0 to my local directory (because I'm working with a team of several people). When the process starts (even for a single *.pbl) the application crashes. Is it possible to have a work-around? Thanks, Pietro. Which Build You are using ?We are using build 9056 which solves this issue. (Tested app contains around 4500 objects) To Make the Syncronize processe...

PB 8 source code control
Our company has worked with desktop versions of PB since version 6. We are a small company, so source control was easy. Each person would have their own .pbl, and before anyone would copy an object to their pbl, they would check the pbls of other programmers. This was a bit of a pain but it works for a small company with limited funds. Now we have moved to PB 8, and have purchased one enterprise version and three desktop versions. We discovered that the library list is now unique to the target, rather than the user. So if my library list includes the development pbls plus my pbl, ...

get Command line scripting results!
Hey all, i have a web application that at a given point i make this application execute a batch file, this batch file contains commands executed in command line to do specific actions.as i do execute that batch file programmatically, i'm looking for a way to read the result of executing these commands...... e.g. if you write "C:\>hhhshs" the result would be "hhhshs is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" if you write "C:\>ipconfig" the result woul be sth else. what i want is a way how to read these resu...

Web resources about - Command line script to get latest from VSS for PB 8 - sybase.source-control

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cameron Carpenter review: Bells and whistles matched by a command of the organ
It's certainly no exaggeration to call Cameron Carpenter's command of six keyboards (five for hands, one for feet) "genius". Purely in cognitive ...

Command your club to victory in Sega's Football Manager Mobile 2016
The 2016 edition of Football Manager Mobile (formerly known as Football Manager Handheld) has kicked its way to iOS.

How to craft your own custom voice commands for Amazon Echo's Alexa
With a little help from IFTTT, you can teach Alexa all sorts of new tricks. Here's how to get started.

Bethesda: Fallout 4 console commands 'not supported or recommended' on PC
In a very Bethesda-like fashion, messing around with console commands on the PC version of Fallout 4 might completely bug out your game more ...

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...

Huckabee: Don't Settle for Minimum Wage, Work to Command a Maximum Wage
In his opening remarks last night, Mike Huckabee said proposals to raise the minimum wage in several states will not bring prosperity and independence ...

Amazon Echo gets customizable voice commands thanks to deeper IFTTT integration
While Amazon’s Echo can tell you about traffic and control your smart-home devices, users haven’t had much ability to develop their own commands ...

Carly Fiorina Calls for 'Consolidated Command' to Protect Against Solar Storms
Carly Fiorina said she would create a "consolidated command" to deal with the threat of major solar storms.