User database on RSSD ASE

A simple question (I hope) for the Rep Server experts. Can
you see any harm in creating a small user database on the
RSSD ASE? We have Rep Server and the RSSD ASE on the same
box, and I want to use the Extended File Option of ASE to
make an external file on this machine available to a query,
but don't know if I should create another ASE (seems like
overkill) to achieve this. Is it safe to have the RSSD and
another db on the same server?

TIA,

Don
0
Don
11/26/2003 11:43:08 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don,

That's fine.

--
Thanks,
G.Carter

Don wrote:

>A simple question (I hope) for the Rep Server experts. Can
>you see any harm in creating a small user database on the
>RSSD ASE? We have Rep Server and the RSSD ASE on the same
>box, and I want to use the Extended File Option of ASE to
>make an external file on this machine available to a query,
>but don't know if I should create another ASE (seems like
>overkill) to achieve this. Is it safe to have the RSSD and
>another db on the same server?
>
>TIA,
>
>Don

0