Solaris ASE to Linux ASE

We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of
Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby
Copy on Linux.  Does any utilize this configuration ?  What is the best way
to initialize data on the Standby Server ?
What other issues should I be concerned with ?
0
Jim_Morrison
5/8/2003 3:39:58 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well
too with Replication Server.
However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and
load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your
databases. Each time you need to resync, you will have to BCP out and BCP in
the data from primary to secondary.

Regds
Sukhesh

<Jim_Morrison> wrote in message
> We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of
> Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform -
Standby
> Copy on Linux.  Does any utilize this configuration ?  What is the best
way
> to initialize data on the Standby Server ?
> What other issues should I be concerned with ?

0
Sukhesh

Web resources about - Solaris ASE to Linux ASE - sybase.rep-server

Solaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Solari Report Blog - The Solari Report Blog
Disclaimer Nothing on The Solari Report should be taken as individual investment advice. Anyone seeking investment advice for his or her personal ...

Solaris Books
Publishers of Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Dark Fantasy

Welcome to Solaris Mobile Online » Solaris Mobile solarismobile.com
Your default description here Home About Us Services Media Contact Us Wireless Wideband Communication for the Mobile Age Solaris Mobile leads ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Solaris
Solaris Operating System - Gateway page to knowledge base, forums, patches, hardware guide, online support center, marketing materials, product ...

Chris Solari (@chrissolari) on Twitter

Solaris - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
En grande -large size See where this picture was taken. [?]

Solaris Full Highway Scene - YouTube
Highway scene from Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972)

Oracle subpoenas Comcast in connection with Solaris support lawsuit
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix ...

Can toilet paper be a luxury product? Solaris attacks $1.4b oligopoly
Solaris Paper head Terry Hughes is going up-market with a toilet paper brand called Emporia, tackling the $1.4 billion oligopoly in Australia's ...