Replication is not replicating

The new database is added to the replication system but all
tables on the RDB are empty.  Setreptable is on and there's
no uncommitted transaction.  It is using default action
class and there's no loss detection.  Queue is caught up.
We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log
that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated.
However, the table is again empty on the RDB.  Log is not
full on both RDB and RSSD.  Maint user is dbo.  What else
can I take a look at?  PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3
0
mkim
9/20/2008 2:02:58 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't remember since what version warm standy exists.

Did you create subscriptions ?

Luc.

<mkim@xtivia.com> wrote in message
> The new database is added to the replication system but all
> tables on the RDB are empty.  Setreptable is on and there's
> no uncommitted transaction.  It is using default action
> class and there's no loss detection.  Queue is caught up.
> We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log
> that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated.
> However, the table is again empty on the RDB.  Log is not
> full on both RDB and RSSD.  Maint user is dbo.  What else
> can I take a look at?  PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3

0
Luc
9/23/2008 12:22:34 PM
Assuming that you are not replicating to more than one target and
therefore dsi_buf_dump trace is pointing to the DB that you wanted it to
be....

.....some possibilities include:

1 - servername in interfaces file for RS matches the destination (and
data isn't being applied elsewhere).   You can turn on the CIS traces in
the server in question to make sure it is receiving the commands ala
dbcc traceon (3605,11201,11202,11203,11204,11205)....if the ASE log then
contains the same commands as dsi_buf_dump, you know it is receiving the
commands....

2 - someone has null'd the rs_commit function string - so nothing is
getting committed (verifiable by watching monOpenObjectActivity for DBID
in question and see rows inserted/updated/deleted if matching DSI
activity....dsi_buf_dump used to use a default fstring output so it may
not show the problem all the way).

3 - If triggers are on, or if doing proc replication - make sure none of
the triggers/procs are issuing a rollback transaction.

mkim@xtivia.com wrote:
> The new database is added to the replication system but all
> tables on the RDB are empty.  Setreptable is on and there's
> no uncommitted transaction.  It is using default action
> class and there's no loss detection.  Queue is caught up.
> We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log
> that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated.
> However, the table is again empty on the RDB.  Log is not
> full on both RDB and RSSD.  Maint user is dbo.  What else
> can I take a look at?  PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3
0
Jeff
9/23/2008 2:14:58 PM
The problem was found on the replicate database (ASE).
Somehow, the transaction was not executed.  Whenever DML is
executed by either maint user or dbo user, it gives prompt
back and the transaction didn't happen.  Nothing was written
on the error log and there was no return message.  We by
passed this problem by creating new tables and re-executing
materialization.  We found one more reason to upgrade!!!
Thanks for the helpful tips.
> Assuming that you are not replicating to more than one
> target and  therefore dsi_buf_dump trace is pointing to
> the DB that you wanted it to  be....
>
> ....some possibilities include:
>
> 1 - servername in interfaces file for RS matches the
> destination (and  data isn't being applied elsewhere).
> You can turn on the CIS traces in  the server in question
> to make sure it is receiving the commands ala  dbcc
> traceon (3605,11201,11202,11203,11204,11205)....if the ASE
> log then  contains the same commands as dsi_buf_dump, you
> know it is receiving the  commands....
>
> 2 - someone has null'd the rs_commit function string - so
> nothing is  getting committed (verifiable by watching
> monOpenObjectActivity for DBID  in question and see rows
> inserted/updated/deleted if matching DSI
> activity....dsi_buf_dump used to use a default fstring
> output so it may  not show the problem all the way).
>
> 3 - If triggers are on, or if doing proc replication -
> make sure none of  the triggers/procs are issuing a
> rollback transaction.
>

> mkim@xtivia.com wrote:
> > The new database is added to the replication system but
> > all tables on the RDB are empty.  Setreptable is on and
> > there's no uncommitted transaction.  It is using default
> > action class and there's no loss detection.  Queue is
> > caught up.  We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on
> > the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB
> > is replicated.  However, the table is again empty on the
> > RDB.  Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD.  Maint user
> > is dbo.  What else can I take a look at?  PDS and RDS is
> 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3
0
mkim
9/23/2008 2:52:33 PM
On Sep 23, 7:52=A0pm, mkim wrote:
> The problem was found on the replicate database (ASE).
> Somehow, the transaction was not executed. =A0Whenever DML is
> executed by either maint user or dbo user, it gives prompt
> back and the transaction didn't happen. =A0Nothing was written
> on the error log and there was no return message. =A0We by
> passed this problem by creating new tables and re-executing
> materialization. =A0We found one more reason to upgrade!!!
> Thanks for the helpful tips.
>

> > Assuming that you are not replicating to more than one
> > target and =A0therefore dsi_buf_dump trace is pointing to
> > the DB that you wanted it to =A0be....
>
> > ....some possibilities include:
>
> > 1 - servername in interfaces file for RS matches the
> > destination (and =A0data isn't being applied elsewhere).
> > You can turn on the CIS traces in =A0the server in question
> > to make sure it is receiving the commands ala =A0dbcc
> > traceon (3605,11201,11202,11203,11204,11205)....if the ASE
> > log then =A0contains the same commands as dsi_buf_dump, you
> > know it is receiving the =A0commands....
>
> > 2 - someone has null'd the rs_commit function string - so
> > nothing is =A0getting committed (verifiable by watching
> > monOpenObjectActivity for DBID =A0in question and see rows
> > inserted/updated/deleted if matching DSI
> > activity....dsi_buf_dump used to use a default fstring
> > output so it may =A0not show the problem all the way).
>
> > 3 - If triggers are on, or if doing proc replication -
> > make sure none of =A0the triggers/procs are issuing a
> > rollback transaction.
>
> > m...@xtivia.com wrote:
> > > The new database is added to the replication system but
> > > all tables on the RDB are empty. =A0Setreptable is on and
> > > there's no uncommitted transaction. =A0It is using default
> > > action class and there's no loss detection. =A0Queue is
> > > caught up. =A0We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on
> > > the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB
> > > is replicated. =A0However, the table is again empty on the
> > > RDB. =A0Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. =A0Maint user
> > > is dbo. =A0What else can I take a look at? =A0PDS and RDS is
> > 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3- Hide quoted text -

Did you have Row level Access implemented at replicate side by any
chance ?

-Manish Negandhi
[TeamSybase]
0
Manish
9/23/2008 3:03:45 PM
Do you mean "enable row level access" configuration?  The
ASE is 11.0.3.3 and it is not present.

> On Sep 23, 7:52=a0pm, mkim wrote:
> > The problem was found on the replicate database (ASE).
> > Somehow, the transaction was not executed. =a0Whenever
DML
> > is executed by either maint user or dbo user, it gives
> > prompt back and the transaction didn't happen.
=a0Nothing
> > was written on the error log and there was no return
> > message. =a0We by passed this problem by creating new
> > tables and re-executing materialization. =a0We found one
> > more reason to upgrade!!! Thanks for the helpful tips.
> >

> > > Assuming that you are not replicating to more than one
> > > target and =a0therefore dsi_buf_dump trace is pointing
> > > to the DB that you wanted it to =a0be....
> >
> > > ....some possibilities include:
> >
> > > 1 - servername in interfaces file for RS matches the
> > > destination (and =a0data isn't being applied
elsewhere).
> > > You can turn on the CIS traces in =a0the server in
> > > question to make sure it is receiving the commands ala
> > > =a0dbcc traceon
> > > (3605,11201,11202,11203,11204,11205)....if the ASE log
> > > then =a0contains the same commands as dsi_buf_dump,
you
> know it is receiving the =a0commands.... >
> > > 2 - someone has null'd the rs_commit function string -
> > > so nothing is =a0getting committed (verifiable by
> > > watching monOpenObjectActivity for DBID =a0in question
> > > and see rows inserted/updated/deleted if matching DSI
> > > activity....dsi_buf_dump used to use a default fstring
> > > output so it may =a0not show the problem all the way).
> >
> > > 3 - If triggers are on, or if doing proc replication -
> > > make sure none of =a0the triggers/procs are issuing a
> > > rollback transaction.

is
=a0Log
> > > dbo. =a0What else can I take a look at? =a0PDS and RDS
is
> 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3- Hide quoted text - >
>
> Did you have Row level Access implemented at replicate
> side by any chance ?
>
> -Manish Negandhi
> [TeamSybase]
0
mkim

San replication for replication server
Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a DR sire via SAN replication In other words replicate the entire replication server across the SAN and bring it up whe DR is invoked would there be any datalose on teh stables queues ? any issues David wrote: > Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with > the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a > DR sire via SAN replication > In other words replicate the entire replication server > across the SAN and bring it up ...

Bi-directional replication with Replication Server
What are the databases that participate in bi-directional replication with a SQL Anywhere database? I heard that you can replicate only INTO MS SQL Server, but not out (into SQL Anyhwere). Does the same limitation hold for Adaptive Server Enterprize (a.k.a. Sybase SQL Server) or Oracle on NT? Please note that we are developing for Win95/Win NT paltform only. Any feedback is appreciated. Sergey Beyder Inspectech Corp. SQL Anywhere can participate fully and bidirectionally in a Rep Server setup. This means that it can replicate bidirectionally with ASE on all platforms. It can re...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Alternative to replication server two way replication?
Greetings, This may sound crazy, but where I work they are looking to implement two way replication without using replication server. In other words, they want two active systems A and B. They want A to replicate to B and B to replicate to A and are looking for alternatives to replication. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thank you. Jean-Pierre Can it be done? yes Are there any 3rd party products (other than RepServer) that'll do this 'out of the box'? *shrug* Not that I know of. [This just means that *I* don't know of any.] If you want t...

Replicate in Cascade for 3 or more Databases with Replication Server
Hi. We want to make a table-to-table replication schema for 3 or more databases using this architecture: The row is created/modified in the first ASE, then, this row is saved in central ASE using Rep Server, and this central ASE replicate this row to other Remotes ASE's, in a cascade fashion. The replication must be bi-directional, and we want that all ASE's are always synchronised with the same data. We try to do this with 3 ASE's, one origin, one repository and one remote, but the record replicates only to the repository and not to the remote ASE. Anyone knows ...

How do you get replication server to create tables at the replicate?
I want to set up replication and have replication server create the replicate table at the replicate. Is this possible at all? look at using warm standby with DDL replication. George <olayinkao> wrote in message news:EE9C0658E518EADB002B119185256BDC.002B119F85256BDC@webforums... > I want to set up replication and have replication server create the > replicate table at the replicate. Is this possible at all? ...

Having two replication servers replicating from one primary
Hi all, Sorry for cluttering this place with questions, but i kinda have so many questions that i need to be answered.. Heres another one.. The primary DB that i am gonna replicate from currently has another replication server replicating from it.. hence it already has been configured and all.. I am gonna have my own rep server to connect to the primary database, so there is gonna be two replication servers connected to the primary DB. The two repservers will be independent of each other The question is, are there any issues that i need to be aware of when i configure to a...

Is Replication Server capable of replicate data in real time?
I have a question about Replication Server, does Replication Server guarantee 100% real time replication to another box? Thanks in advance, Peter Norman > I have a question about Replication Server, does Replication Server > guarantee 100% real time replication to another box? What is your definition of 'real time'?? If you mean 'synchronous', i.e., data modifications take place at the primary and secondary servers at the same time ... the answer is *NO*. RepServer is an asynchronous replication product, i.e., data modifications at the primary site t...

Log Shipping vs. ASE Replicator vs. Replication Server
Dear all, We have recently looked into buying Replication Server, but potentially have decided not to move forward. We are looking into ASE Replicator or Log Shipping instead. What are your thoughts about both strategies (database is about 30 GB in size, can afford up to 2 hour down time, etc.)? We first got a quote for Replication Server and were under the impression that since Replication Server only uses one CPU, you only have to pay for a single CPU license. We just learned today that since we have a 8 CPU server, we will have to pay for a 8 CPU license. They gave us a ...

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? Anyone got some experience to share? /Jonas Replication Server is the only way to do this. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Jonas Bonde wrote in message ... >Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? > >Anyone got some experience to share? > >/Jonas > > ...

Joint Replication and WorkSpace V-SIG --- Using WorkSpace with Replication Server
You are invited to attend a joint Replication and WorkSpace V-SIG. The topic: Using WorkSpace with Replication Server. Chris Huston, Replication Development Manger, and Mike Crocker, Engineering Director, will be giving a short presentation and a demo, followed by Q&A. Date: Thur, June 12, 2008 Time: 8:00 PST, 11:00 EST For more information, and connection information see http://my.isug.com/index.php?module=calendar&op=view&sid=591 -- Aryeh Silverberg ISUG Virtual Users Group Director http://...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

dbmaint user error in ASA replication using LTM and replication server
Hi all, I have problem on using the ASA Replication Agent. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. I have installed SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 build 3559, and the Replication Agent Version 10.0.0.2465 I have tried the Tutorial of Replicate data using Replication Server of page 937 to page 945 of the System Admin Guide of ASA 10 (dbdaen10.pdf). When I try to start the LTM with the following command dbltm -S PRIMELTM -C primeltm.cfg The following error with Invalid user ID or password of dbmaint occurs (in DBLTM.log). Based on the tutorial we kept dbmaint ID and password the s...

Novel server to server replication
I wonder how is the best way to set up and run replication between 3 Novel Netware servers, can anyone give me some good advices ? Here are some more information about the case... One server is located on a shore office (Novel 5.1) the two other servers is located on two vessels (Novel 4.11.00) sayling world wide. The users on all the 3 sites are running Novel Groupwise 5.5 as their email system. Each site has a Groupwise post office, which will send/receive mail with other post offices every 8 hours (3 times each day), via satellite system "Inmarsat B". All clients ...

Web resources about - Replication is not replicating - sybase.rep-server

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...