Replicating Text/Image columns from Anywhere to ASE.

Is there any similar procedure to "sp_setrepcol
columnname,replicate_if_changed" in Adaptive Server Anywhere for
replicating Text/Image/Rawdata from ASA to ASE ?

My DSI connection to ASE is going down because 'Function 'rs_get_textptr'
for 'tablename' returned no rows.

I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.03, Replication Server 12.1 and
Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.9.2.3

Stig B.
0
Stig_Bratsberg
3/13/2002 2:00:52 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ASA 6.0.3 is pretty old, in fact the engineering EOL is coming up quite
soon. I would suggest trying a current 7.0.3 or 8.0 version, especially
since you are using Rep Server 12.

Robert Waywell
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate
Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

<Stig_Bratsberg> wrote in message
> Is there any similar procedure to "sp_setrepcol
> columnname,replicate_if_changed" in Adaptive Server Anywhere for
> replicating Text/Image/Rawdata from ASA to ASE ?
>
> My DSI connection to ASE is going down because 'Function 'rs_get_textptr'
> for 'tablename' returned no rows.
>
> I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.03, Replication Server 12.1 and
> Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.9.2.3
>

> Stig B.

0
Robert

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

replicating text columns from ASE to ASA
Customer has an ASE server 11.5 on AIX with ssremote 5.5.0.4 build 1880. On labtops is ASA 6.0.1. Replication works with the exception of textfields from ASE to ASA, changes in ASA are replicated to ASE. How can I get it to work from consolidated ASE to remote ASA. Text columns are fully supported. I would recommend getting an EBF for the 5.5.04 by calling tech support. There have been a number of fixes for blob support. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Birgitta Muilwijk <muilwijk@sybase.com> wrote in message news:38047CAB.89D762D9@syba...

Replicating Text column from ASE to ASA
Hi, I've searched everywhere for an answer to this but come up blank. I have a site running a central ASE 12.5 system with laptops running ASA 7.0.4. The problem is that I have tables that include columns of various types and usualy include at most one, but sometimes two, Text columns - defined as Text is ASE and Long Varchar in ASA. The problem is all columns in the table replicate correctly except the Text column which does the following: If I update the Text column on ASA it replicates to ASE fine BUT if I update it on ASE it gets replicated to ASA as something like &qu...

How to get the text back from a image column in SQL Server?
I have a table which has a column with type "image" in SQL Server, I put texts as well as pictures in it; (another column is used to tell which type of content is really stored in the image-type column).  Now, could someone show me the code on how to get the texts out using ADO.NET and C# please.  I tried and the text I get back is "System.Byte[]" Thank you very much! Ray. You can try Encoding.GetString: string s = Encoding.GetString(yourByteArray); Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP Thanks Admin.  How do store a text file such as .css or .js files then get the conte...

Replication between ASE 11.9.2 without Rep. Server ?
Hi, I like to set up the replication from one Masterdatabase to several Searchdatabases, all 11.9.2 under Linux and connected with LAN. The inserts and updates shout go manual or automatical to the Masterdatabase. Need I a Replication Server in this situation ? If no, what is the right way to configure a soulution ? If I use a Replication Server, for example under NT, what are the benefits ? By Joachim ...

Replication between ASE 11.9.2 without Rep. Server ?
Hi, I like to set up the replication from one Masterdatabase to several Searchdatabases, all 11.9.2 under Linux and connected with LAN. The inserts and updates shout go manual or automatical to the Masterdatabase. Need I a Replication Server in this situation ? If no, what is the right way to configure a soulution ? If I use a Replication Server, for example under NT, what are the benefits ? By Joachim Hi Joachim, You can use SQL Remote, which is included with ASE 11.9.2, to do replication. However, it's not an instant setup, and it is not appropriate for conti...

Error replicating DatTime columns between ASE's servers
I'm replicating information between two ASE Servers (v 12.0), using SQL Remote in both, but the window log send me the following message E. 01/10 18:04:16. Warning: The datetime in column PROYECTOVENTA.FECHAPROP was too large for an ASE Datetime and was truncated. Please adjust your setup so that the Datetime values replicated are not truncated any help? Andres_Romero wrote in news:717D8BF9C8B3921B0004899D85256CAB.000489E885256CAB@webforums: > I'm replicating information between two ASE Servers (v 12.0), using > SQ...

Storing Excel files in ASE text or image datatype columns?
Hi. Anyone out there with experience doing that? Any reasons why we should not do it? Any tips/tricks on how to do it, or where to find more info on the subject? TIA Kai Tomren On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:45:47 -0700, wrote: > Hi. > > Anyone out there with experience doing that? Any reasons why we should not > do it? First of all - use IMAGE columns, so that there is no risk of character conversion happening between the server and the client. As for the general solution - as with most things the answer for me is "it depends" :-). Handling of IMAGE...

have image go to server other than imaging server?
Hi, we just installed a new netware server with loads more storage capacity than our current server running zenworks. What I want to do is have the images go directly to this newest server, but not have zenworks on it. is there a way to do this? when I go into console one and specify the server and path I want the image to go to it fails because that is not actually the imaging server. When I try to put in the imaging server for the server, but the path to the other server, it fails. how can I run all of the imaging and dhcp stuff on one server, but have my workstations save...

Log Shipping vs. ASE Replicator vs. Replication Server
Dear all, We have recently looked into buying Replication Server, but potentially have decided not to move forward. We are looking into ASE Replicator or Log Shipping instead. What are your thoughts about both strategies (database is about 30 GB in size, can afford up to 2 hour down time, etc.)? We first got a quote for Replication Server and were under the impression that since Replication Server only uses one CPU, you only have to pay for a single CPU license. We just learned today that since we have a 8 CPU server, we will have to pay for a 8 CPU license. They gave us a ...

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? Anyone got some experience to share? /Jonas Replication Server is the only way to do this. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Jonas Bonde wrote in message ... >Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? > >Anyone got some experience to share? > >/Jonas > > ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

How to display SQL Server Image column in a Image control in a web formview??
I have a SQL Server 2005 table with a column called WBTImage with a data type as image.  The images were already loaded into the table using a MSAccess program. I want to display the WBTImage column in a asp image control (imgTrain) on a web form.  There is no data binding property for the image column.  I have looked at many posts across many forumns and all of the solutions do not appear to work.  Some used the system.drawing,image.fromstream, some used binary.write, one showed a windows form with a data binding that I could not find and the other used a memorystream...

Web resources about - Replicating Text/Image columns from Anywhere to ASE. - sybase.rep-server

Self-replicating machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A self-replicating machine is a construct that is capable of autonomously manufacturing a copy of itself using raw materials taken from its environment, ...

Facebook formalizes reciprocity policy and clearly prohibits replicating core features
Facebook today amended its platform policy to formalize its stance toward which types of apps can use its data and when. The company clarified ...

Border Force: NSW Police Commissioner's doubts over replicating Operation Fortitude
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he would need a &quot;heck of a lot of convincing&quot; before he would ever consider an Operation ...

West Indies spinner Devendra Bishoo modest about replicating Shane Warne's ball of the century
Twenty-two years, to the day, since Shane Warne had left Mike Gatting and world cricket in a spin with his so-called Ball of the Century at Old ...

SugarSync Offers the Best Method Yet for Replicating Files
A new service called SugarSync keeps your files replicated and synchronized across all your computers, whether they are PCs or Macs.

Bizarre attack infects Linksys routers with self-replicating malware
Researchers say they have uncovered an ongoing attack that infects home and small-office wireless routers from Linksys with self-replicating ...

The Bookworms Are Replicating: Goodreads’ Membership Has Doubled to 20M
(Photo: Alison Christiana, via Goodreads) Goodreads, the book-focused social network Amazon purchased back in March , just announced that it's ...

Replicating a famous recording single-handedly.
Do you follow an arc from amazement... to finding this man's deep devotion charming... to turn it off — there's something missing that's so important ...

Computer-Designed Synthetic Molecule Prevents HIV From Replicating In Cells
The tech site IO9 reports : European researchers have used a computer to design small synthetic molecules capable of attacking the deadly AIDS ...

Socialcam, A Startup That's Replicating Instagram For Videos, Got 4 Million New Users Last Weekend
Instagram , with 35 million users in two years and a $1 billion exit to Facebook , is a tempting but difficult startup to replicate. A few are ...