Problem adding database to replication -- Logical Database Drop Error

Our Company have two ASE servers. 15 Database is being replicated
between these databases.
I wanted to add one more database to the replication. I tried to renew
one of my database replication. I dropped the connections of databases
then the logical connection.
Afterwards I added a logical connection.Then tried to add the database
to the replication. However an error occured .Error is "Database is the
primary for some replication definitions. Can not drop to connecrion to
it."
Afterwards I dropped the connections and repeat the steps to add to the
replication. The same error occured.
I did it several times. When I was adding logical connection I tried
"Create logical Connection from an existing physical connection"
option. This time the physical connection to database disappeared and
appeared as a logical connection.
Afterwads I tried to use rs_init to add the database and a different
error was occured. "Could not drop the connection to logical database
....." .
I checked sybase Central. A new logical server with the name of my
physical server appeared. I tried to drop the logical connection. But I
could not drop. There is no error messages but the connection exists.

Is there anyone who can help me ?

Thanks for your interest....

0
indibay
10/20/2006 12:48:09 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When you add a logical connection for an existing database
using the dataserver.DBname of primary, it is created with
this name and active is your primary database.  To check it
if there is an active already defined you use
admin logical_status command.  I beleive it will show that
your logical connection has an active database in it.  You
can only add a standby in this situation.
Does it help?
Qamar
> Our Company have two ASE servers. 15 Database is being
> replicated between these databases.
> I wanted to add one more database to the replication. I
> tried to renew one of my database replication. I dropped
> the connections of databases then the logical connection.
> Afterwards I added a logical connection.Then tried to add
> the database to the replication. However an error occured
> Error is "Database is the primary for some replication
> definitions. Can not drop to connecrion to it."
> Afterwards I dropped the connections and repeat the steps
> to add to the replication. The same error occured.
> I did it several times. When I was adding logical
> connection I tried "Create logical Connection from an
> existing physical connection" option. This time the
> physical connection to database disappeared and appeared
> as a logical connection. Afterwads I tried to use rs_init
> to add the database and a different error was occured.
> "Could not drop the connection to logical database ....."
>  I checked sybase Central. A new logical server with the
> name of my physical server appeared. I tried to drop the
> logical connection. But I could not drop. There is no
> error messages but the connection exists.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me ?
>
> Thanks for your interest....

0
Qamar

Problem adding a database to the replication server 12.6
Hello, I am currently setting up replication server 12.6 and when adding a database to the replication server I get the following exception: "The SQL Server 'ISDATA' has been named and its physical name 'Production' is different from te name expected. Execute sp_addserver on 'ISDATA' to add the SQL Server with the correct physical name." (This occurs when I add the database to the rep server ISDATA_RS using rs_init) (Data from Production/ISDATA should be replicated to ERATO63) I have the following interface configuration (dsedit): PRODUCTION:...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Database Error ; Database Server Keeps Shutting Down
I am receiving the following error in my error log. My database then shuts down. What could be causing this error? Checkpoint log: write to D:\Sys_Editor\Sys_Editor.db failed with status 1453: filesystem may be full or file size has exceeded system limits What is the Operating System? What is the version of SQL Anywhere? Have you confirmed that the filesystem is not full? Herman Strdivant wrote: > I am receiving the following error in my error log. My > database then shuts down. What could be causing this error? > > Checkpoint log: write to D:\Sys_Editor\Sys_Edit...

-934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database C:\FUELTAX\DATABASE\PCFTAX.DB
Our program which uses runtime engine for version 9 is getting the following error -934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database. Does anyone know what might have happened. It was working fine for months and all of the sudden we are getting this error now. Thanks, Igor Vodo. This error is a result of the database server being at a lower version than the database file format. Something has changed in your environment. Do you have multiple installs of SQL Anywhere on your machine (for example ASA 9.0.1 and 9.0.2)? If s...

The replicated database is suspended, each time that record is added to the database
Hello, I defined replication definition and subscription to table name rss_user and each time the i insert record to this table the replicated database is getting to suspend and the following message appear at the replication error log : "I. 1999/11/03 15:45:20. A grouped transaction of 2 individual transactions has failed in database 'REPSYB.essdb'. Each transaction in the group will be executed individually. E. 1999/11/03 15:45:20. ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(103(1) REPSYB.essdb) - dsiqmint.c(2774) Message from server: Message: 90102, State 1, Severity 16 -- ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Problem droping database from replication server
Hi, I have a peculiar situation. My repserver manages warm standby between db1 and db2. Since this was test env setup, I dropped db2 from the server. Now DSI is down to this db. If I execute drop connection to server.db2, it does not! How to drop this connection from repserver? Thx PB Hi, First you did not state what the error you received in the errorlog or at the command line when you issued the drop connection command. Drop connection does not work if: attempt to drop the active connection before the standby. replication or subscription are defined for the logical...

Error 7405 accessing SQL Server database by database link
I'm persistently getting the above error when executing a stored procedure that uses a dabase link to another SQL Server database. I can run the procedure in MS SQL Server management studio fine. I'm setting ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS ON before creating the procedure. Procedure code: SET ANSI_NULLS ON SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SSP_WAR_RPT_MANUAL_RECLAIM] @adt_sbi_from datetime, @adt_sbi_to datetime, @as_vendor varchar(15) output, @as_campaigns Char(1) AS BEGIN SET ANSI_NULLS O...

Corrupting of 'master' database after adding database device to the server
New database device have added on server. The information for the new device was incorrectly fixed in tables sysusages, sysdevices. While the information was stored in cash, everything worked normally. But after restart server has taken place following: in tables sysusages, sysdatabases there was the duplication of records. In result server has become to show on two copies of the all databases. ...

Error accessing database in App_Data that has linked tables from a database on another server
I have a database that lives on a Windows Server 2003 server (Server A). On another Windows 2003 server, I have my ASP.NET intranet application. In the App_Data folder of my ASP.NET application, I have a .mdb file that is basically a shell to hold links to the tables in the database file located on Server A. The reason why the master tables live in a database on Server A is because we access the data in those tables from projects outside ASP.NET, so I put the database on the server that made the most logical sense for universal access. Because I also want to access the data in those tables f...

Rep server error with Database id unknown
Hi, I am getting "ERROR #8025" in my replication log. It says one database id is unknown, there is no reference to that database id in RSSD. How to get rid of ERROR #8025 DIST(101 MAIN_SQL.MY_REP_REP_RSSD) - /mdroute.c(455) Database 108 is unknown. Can you supply the entire portion of the log from when the error appears and following messages? -- Thanks, G.Carter Sybase Replication Server Engineering mailto:greg.carter@workmail.com User wrote: >Hi, >I am getting "ERROR #8025" in my replication log. >It says one database id ...

Error 22- Database check error on MSG-database
Anyone a suggestion on this one? Can't fond very useful hits on support.novell.com searches. Code: -------------------- Checking message database msg205.db - 6658048 bytes, 10/03/07 09:53 - Current time 10:00 am STRUCTURAL VERIFICATION of database /media/nss/GW2/lvm2/ofmsg/msg205.db Verifying data Error 22- Database check error: Unknown Error 0x8210 (0x8210) Suggestion- Database file missing or invalid. No direct recovery possible. Attempt to recover file from external backup. If no backup exists, request explicit structural rebuild from Admin...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

SQL Server 2005 Express: The database principal owns a schema in the database, and can not be dropped.
I recently added a new user to my database.  Now I want to delete that user, but I keep getting the error above.  What do I need to do to delete my recently added user? How are you trying to delete the user (straight through SQL Express, or in ASP.Net code)?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) augustwind wrote:How are you trying to delete the user (straight thro...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

Web resources about - Problem adding database to replication -- Logical Database Drop Error - sybase.rep-server

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...