Security Administrator

I am having a problem connecting to the Component Manager from the Security
Administrator. I know the Component Manager is up because I can connect to it
from a Workspace.

I am a little confused-I enter in the Database Server Name and the Database
Name(pscmpmgr) in the logon dialog. I am then brought to an ODBC setup. This is
not what the documentation says is supposed to happen.

Thanks if anyone is able to help.

Marc
0
Marc
9/9/1999 5:35:22 PM
sybase.powersite 2112 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PowerSite Security Administrator
Hello. I have installed Powersite using the Custom Installation option to install PowerSite, DW Builder, Security Administrator, as well as the Client s/w on the same computer. The problem I am experiencing is when I run Security Adminitrator to add new team members, it doesn't give me an option to create new users. I right click on User Administration to bring up the Popup menu and the New menu ite is disabled. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Daryl Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. Mailto:Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com...

PowerSite security
Hello. How can I manage the Power Site 's security ? I mean, how can I configure the directory browsing, etc...? Thank you. ...

Security Administration
--------------98E2EE346723753CCC82075B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Guys Does anybody has a documentation or where I can find how to configure the DCE or any information regarding how to configure ASE for that I want to put implement a Network Bases Security Im running HP-UX 11 ASE12 I type dcecp but I don't know how to create the key file Thanks for your time ------------------------------------------------- AD ASTRA PER ASPERA "Think in the incredible and take a chance of the impossible" -----------...

How secure is secure?

security too secure

Security Administration
I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok and the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups. My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How? I dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the app is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in one menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are permited to access this menuitem. My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items, buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the ob...

when is secure, secure?

PFC Security Administration
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? Our SoftBolt service based security product comes with a Security Administrator, but it is used as a substitute or compliment of standard PFC security. Thus, it doesn't maintain the tables you want, but if you are open to another security approach look at www.sisugrp.com/softbolt.htm -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com "Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message news:cE4GsGZ$AHA.164@forums.sybase.c...

Security Administrator #2

I am trying to run a login sample, so in "Web Site Administration Tool" i clicked "Use the security Setup Wizard to configure security step by step." and got this famous error: An error was encountere
After this i have the lengthy description of the rror The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.InitForConfiguration(String& locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath, IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigur...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

Web resources about - Security Administrator - sybase.powersite

List of Administrators of Chandigarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Netball administrator stole $209,000, court told
A netball administrator siphoned $209,000 of money earmarked for junior and social players into her own bank accounts because she felt the sport ...

Arthur Galan calls in the administrators
Myer was caught out by the appointment of administrators to Australian fashion label Arthur Galan, which it lured over from David Jones in 2011. ...

Yale president supports administrators involved in Halloween email - Business Insider Deutschland
Yale President Peter Salovey voiced his support of two administrators involved in a Halloween email controversy.

Fox Lake Cop Joe Gliniewicz Considered ‘Hit’ On Village Administrator
Months before an Illinois police officer staged his suicide to look like murder he tried to find a hit man to kill a village administrator he ...

L.A. Health Administrator Helps Prepare The Future Work Force
Jim Sherman, part-time faculty member at California State University Northridge, finds he receives a greater personal reward from teaching.

Officer tried to take out 'hit' on city administrator - CNN.com
... stage his suicide, apparently to avoid being revealed as a thief , but he made an inquiry about hiring a motorcycle gang to kill the city administrator, ...

College Administrator Shreds The Constitution On Hidden Camera
College Administrator Shreds The Constitution On Hidden Camera

How Network Administrators Can Ease the Inevitable Move to IPv6
The well of IPv4 addresses has run dry; IPv6 adoption is inevitable. Here's how network administrators can make this adjustment as easy as possible. ...

Forbes Career Opportunity: Windows Systems Administrator
Forbes Media’s Technology team is currently seeking a Windows Systems Administrator. This position is an integral part of an innovative team. ...