how to use connection caches in Jaguar from PowerSite/PowerDynamo

I uses HTMLDataWindow in PowerSite. Jaguar is used as the component server.
I have defined connections in PowerDynamo and equal connection caches in
Jaguar and I want to use them without applying user and passoword.

    dwLocal =
java.CreateComponent("DataWindow/HTMLGenerator",psSession.GetValue("jaguarco
nn"),psSession.GetValue("jaguaruser"),psSession.GetValue("jaguarpasswd"));
    dwLocal.SetDWObject("tg.pbl","dw_objektpres");
    dwLocal.SetBrowser(document.GetServerVariable("HTTP_USER_AGENT"));
    dwLocal.SetHTMLObjectName ("dwMine");

dwLocal.SetTrans("ODBC","ConnectString='DSN=ObjektDB;UID=user;PWD=password'"
, "", "", "", "", "");  // I want to avoid this connection string

From PowerSite using the methode SetTrans on the datawindow I want to use
the connection defined in PowerDynomo and Jaguar without applying user and
password from Powersite. The user and password are already defined in the
connection caches.

So How to do ?

chris

0
Christian
3/29/2000 9:22:38 AM
sybase.powersite 2112 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to use the cachename property, and check that button on the
connection cache in Jaguar.  Something like the following.

dwLocal.SetTrans("ODBC","Disablebind=1,CacheName='staging'", "", "", "", "",
"")

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.

Web DataWindow Training
EAServer Training

"Christian" <caeggen@online.no> wrote in message
> I uses HTMLDataWindow in PowerSite. Jaguar is used as the component
server.
> I have defined connections in PowerDynamo and equal connection caches in
> Jaguar and I want to use them without applying user and passoword.
>
>     dwLocal =

java.CreateComponent("DataWindow/HTMLGenerator",psSession.GetValue("jaguarco
> nn"),psSession.GetValue("jaguaruser"),psSession.GetValue("jaguarpasswd"));
>     dwLocal.SetDWObject("tg.pbl","dw_objektpres");
>     dwLocal.SetBrowser(document.GetServerVariable("HTTP_USER_AGENT"));
>     dwLocal.SetHTMLObjectName ("dwMine");

dwLocal.SetTrans("ODBC","ConnectString='DSN=ObjektDB;UID=user;PWD=password'"
> , "", "", "", "", "");  // I want to avoid this connection string
>
> From PowerSite using the methode SetTrans on the datawindow I want to use
> the connection defined in PowerDynomo and Jaguar without applying user and
> password from Powersite. The user and password are already defined in the
> connection caches.
>
> So How to do ?
>

> chris

0
Larry

I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar
I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection cache or Native Driver. Thank u Fabr´┐Żcio Streppel Francisco Freitas Develop Informatica - Suporte wrote: > I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connectio...

Connecting to Jaguar from Powersite!!
Here is a glitch while connecting to Jaguar from Powersite. My Jaguar server password is 8 characters and I have been using Jaguar for a while and there are no connection problems. But, when I try to configure a Jaguar server in Powersite it does not accept 8 character password. It will reset the password with 4 characters. The same problem I have faced in beta version. Any ideas on this strange behavior?? Rajender ...

Integrating Jaguar, PowerDynamo and Powersite
I have a requirement to manipulate data from several Data Stores and insert the results into an external DataWindow that will be displayed on a Web Page. I have taken a skeleton of the required basic business logic and deployed it to a Jaguar package. The database connectivity is accomplished using a connection cache with the OCI 8.X option for Oracle 8.05. What is the best approach to taking the result set returned from Jaguar and getting it onto a Web Page? The Surfside Video distributed app that ships with EA Studio shows how to return results from a Jaquar server to a Power...

Integrating Jaguar, PowerDynamo and Powersite
I have a requirement to manipulate data from several Data Stores and insert the results into an external DataWindow that will be displayed on a Web Page. I have taken a skeleton of the required basic business logic and deployed it to a Jaguar package. The database connectivity is accomplished using a connection cache with the OCI 8.X option for Oracle 8.05. What is the best approach to taking the result set returned from Jaguar and getting it onto a Web Page? The Surfside Video distributed app that ships with EA Studio shows how to return results from a Jaquar server to a Power...

Problem with PowerSite and Jaguar connection
Hi all, I'm working with a Beginners guide to deploy HTML DW, I followed all the steps to configure Jaguar CTS, Jaguar manager, PowerDynamo, and I made a project in PowerSite and deployed, the htm file appears in the profile in powerDynamo, but if I go to the URL in explorer, it doesn't work, I opened the source and I noticed that the section of Jaguar connection is not there, if I open the source of other HTML DW I can see this section <% jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Server4:9000", "jagadmin", "", "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator", f...

Connect Powersite to Jaguar Server
In Powersite, I am fail to connect it with Jaguar Server, server name is Jaguar and port is 9000, but Powersite always prompts an error: Communication failure connecting to Jaguar Server Jaguar:9000. Make sure Jaguar is listerning for IIOP requests on port 9000. Jaguar server is running. How can I know the status of this listener in Jaguar server now? Thanks, DS What is the listener setup for on the jag server ( localhost or machine name or ip address ) ? If you have it set to localhost then powersite would have to exist on the same box. If powersite is on another box then ...

PowerSite, PowerDynamo DB connection
When we run the browser (IE5) on the home page of our intranet app, we get error messages in all three frames. The message in the top frame is below. We suspect that there is something not right in the ODBC connection, but we have not determined what that might be. Another frame gets a similar message with different details, and the third uses Jaguar and a DW which is also not working. The first two frames do not use DW's or Jaguar. Anyone got any ideas what to try to correct this? Warning: undefined variable connection near line 281 in "/menu.html" Warning: undefined...

Altering the connection cache used by Jaguar Components
All My application consists of a Powerbuilder client and a number of Powerbuilder NVOs deployed to a Jaguar Server. The server objects are stateless; they connect to the database through a connection cache in the Activate event and disconnect in the Deactivate event. I would like to modify these objects to use a different connection cache dependant upon a client side setting. The only way I can see of doing this is to move the connect to database code from the activate event into each function and add the connection cache name to every function as a parameter. Is this correct or i...

how to use html dw WITHOUT Powersite / Jaguar?
I've read the doc's on SDN and the books online, but nothing seems to detail what you need to do, step by step, to create an html dw and use it, say, in a Frontpage or InterDev website with IIS. I know ASP, Javascript etc. But I'm a newbie to COM. I'm running IIS 5.0 on Windows2000. Has anyone used the html dw outside of Powersite / Jaguar? Can you tell me now you did it? I know Sybase wants to push Jaguar and Powersite, but a lot of us are not permitted to use these tools currently. Thanks for any tips / instructions. I work some places where even COM...

Use of Powersite/PowerDynamo in Service-oriented Architecture
While Most Web application server development tools support a model where the Web application server communicates directly with the database. Our focus is on aiding companies in developing component-based, service-oriented architectures where the Web application server communicates with business components that are running in a transaction server like CTS. Eventually I realize Powersite/PowerDynamo will be integrated with CTS. I have a couple questions along this line. - Is a CTS integration possible now? Would it be possible for me to load a data window using a SetFullSt...

Help! PowerDynamo Connection to Jaguar Cache by Name
--------------632C20DF062008EE8F1EEF2D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hai, I have problem connecting to Database from PowerDynamo Browse Output Option I created an HTML with a HTML DW Control and deployed it to Dynamo. I use Oralce 7.3. Since PowerSite only support ODBC, I tried to run from Power Dynamo. But I get the following message. Error Retrieved Failed=-1 ***** Cannot Connect.Parse on INput Connected String Failed... The following is the dbconn created by Powersite and deployed to Jaguar. One of sysbase tutorial says...

pb component using Jaguar Connection Cache
When I use my pb component to connect to db through a connection Cache, If I set "Release Connection Option" of the connection cache property to "JAG_CM_UNUSED", if some client use the component simultaneously, the client program is "frozen" when they connect to db through the connection Cache. How can I resolve this problem? thanks Never tried it. Why are you using this option? Carson ___________________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.5...

Define and Install Connection Cache using Jaguar::Repository
Hi !, I managed to create/define connection cache during runtime by using Jaguar::Repository interface. This is whay I have in PB7 : lstr_cache[1].name = "com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.description" lstr_cache[1].value = "Testing Cache" lstr_cache[2].name = "com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.cachesize" lstr_cache[2].value = "15" lstr_cache[3].name = "com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.username" lstr_cache[3].value = "jaguser" lstr_cache[4].name = "com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.password" lstr_cache[4].value = "jaguser&quo...

Stored Procedures in Jaguar Component Using Connection Cache
I have a function that declares and executes a stored procedure that works fine outside of Jaguar with Connection Cache. Now I'm using it within a Jaguar component using a Connection Cache and the sqlerrtext says the stored procedure is not found. Any ideas on why it is not being found? Thanks, Larry Stevens You might check to see if the user is going to the database that you expect when using the Connection Cache that is failing. Regards, Lance Check these things: 1. Make sure you are connecting to the right database. If this is an ASE server, you actually have...

Web resources about - how to use connection caches in Jaguar from PowerSite/PowerDynamo - sybase.powersite

Sybase fights to stay in tool game
The company will lay out a plan for bringing its flagship PowerBuilder development tool more fully into the era of distributed application building. ...

Product Data Sheets - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...

Sybase debuts Web tools
Sybase is continuing its comeback in the database and development tool market, debuting packages for building intranet and Internet applications. ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...