Calling server side scripts from client side

Hello,

Can Anyone help out from the following :

It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side
 events.

 I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script
 written in the body of the HTML page as follows :
 <%
 var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar",
 "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" );
     if (mycomp == null)
      { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !");
          return;
      }

 %>
 I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else where in the page
 say after data entry in the HTMl dw.... Call a method on the jaguar
 component in say a clicked event. I believe the call to the component
 method is going to be a server side script. I try to call a method using
 the instance created in a clicked event as follows and get an error
 clicked event
 <%
     ls_ret =  mycomp.display( )
     document.writeln( ls_ret )
 %>

 How can I make a call to Jaguar component method in this case. The method
 returns a string " Hello! ".

TIA,
Rakesh Babaria

0
Rakesh
2/9/2000 1:57:39 AM
📁 sybase.powersite
📃 2112 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 389 Views

Hello Rakesh.
There are a number of other people who have also asked questions about
calling server scripts from the client side.  Please search on the
word "script" for previous threads in this forum and you will find
more information and examples -- basically, you need to serve up the
same page again from the server, and perhaps pass a page parameter
indcating the action ytou want the server script to take.

Regards,
  Jackie

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:57:39 -0800, "Rakesh Babaria"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can Anyone help out from the following :
>
>It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side
> events.
>
> I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script
> written in the body of the HTML page as follows :
> <%
> var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar",
> "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" );
>     if (mycomp == null)
>      { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !");
>          return;
>      }
>
> %>
> I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else where in the page
> say after data entry in the HTMl dw.... Call a method on the jaguar
> component in say a clicked event. I believe the call to the component
> method is going to be a server side script. I try to call a method using
> the instance created in a clicked event as follows and get an error
> clicked event
> <%
>     ls_ret =  mycomp.display( )
>     document.writeln( ls_ret )
> %>
>
> How can I make a call to Jaguar component method in this case. The method
> returns a string " Hello! ".
>

>TIA,
>Rakesh Babaria

0
jackie
2/10/2000 9:40:52 PM
If you are not logged on as Powersite (password powersite) do that by going
to the workplace properties and re-logging in.  Check the security manager
feature as well -- you might be using a user id that does not allow the
creation of projects.

Obaidullah Patel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hello,
>
> Guys I have a trial version of PowerSite 7.0, it does not allow me to
create
> a new project. I selected project>projects from the menu bar and the
Project
> Manager dialog box appears, but the New button is still disabled. Is there
> any other way to create a new project?
>
> Regards,
> Obed

0
Daniel
2/14/2000 5:36:46 PM
Hello,

Guys I have a trial version of PowerSite 7.0, it does not allow me to create
a new project. I selected project>projects from the menu bar and the Project
Manager dialog box appears, but the New button is still disabled. Is there
any other way to create a new project?

Regards,
Obed

0