Calling server side scripts from client side

Hello,

Can Anyone help out from the following :

It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side
 events.

 I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script
 written in the body of the HTML page as follows :
 <%
 var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar",
 "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" );
     if (mycomp == null)
      { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !");
          return;
      }

 %>
 I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else where in the page
 say after data entry in the HTMl dw.... Call a method on the jaguar
 component in say a clicked event. I believe the call to the component
 method is going to be a server side script. I try to call a method using
 the instance created in a clicked event as follows and get an error
 clicked event
 <%
     ls_ret =  mycomp.display( )
     document.writeln( ls_ret )
 %>

 How can I make a call to Jaguar component method in this case. The method
 returns a string " Hello! ".

TIA,
Rakesh Babaria

0
Rakesh
2/9/2000 1:57:39 AM
sybase.powersite 2112 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Rakesh.
There are a number of other people who have also asked questions about
calling server scripts from the client side.  Please search on the
word "script" for previous threads in this forum and you will find
more information and examples -- basically, you need to serve up the
same page again from the server, and perhaps pass a page parameter
indcating the action ytou want the server script to take.

Regards,
  Jackie

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:57:39 -0800, "Rakesh Babaria"
<rakesh.babaria@pdsc.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can Anyone help out from the following :
>
>It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side
> events.
>
> I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script
> written in the body of the HTML page as follows :
> <%
> var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar",
> "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" );
>     if (mycomp == null)
>      { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !");
>          return;
>      }
>
> %>
> I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else where in the page
> say after data entry in the HTMl dw.... Call a method on the jaguar
> component in say a clicked event. I believe the call to the component
> method is going to be a server side script. I try to call a method using
> the instance created in a clicked event as follows and get an error
> clicked event
> <%
>     ls_ret =  mycomp.display( )
>     document.writeln( ls_ret )
> %>
>
> How can I make a call to Jaguar component method in this case. The method
> returns a string " Hello! ".
>

>TIA,
>Rakesh Babaria

0
jackie
2/10/2000 9:40:52 PM
If you are not logged on as Powersite (password powersite) do that by going
to the workplace properties and re-logging in.  Check the security manager
feature as well -- you might be using a user id that does not allow the
creation of projects.

Obaidullah Patel <o.patel@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Guys I have a trial version of PowerSite 7.0, it does not allow me to
create
> a new project. I selected project>projects from the menu bar and the
Project
> Manager dialog box appears, but the New button is still disabled. Is there
> any other way to create a new project?
>
> Regards,
> Obed

0
Daniel
2/14/2000 5:36:46 PM
Hello,

Guys I have a trial version of PowerSite 7.0, it does not allow me to create
a new project. I selected project>projects from the menu bar and the Project
Manager dialog box appears, but the New button is still disabled. Is there
any other way to create a new project?

Regards,
Obed

0
Obaidullah

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

calling server side function from client side script
i have a web form that includes a function named "koko()" in its server side class i want to write a script code in in its HTML script that will be run at the client side, and this client side script will call the function "koko()" from the server side. in brief : i want to call a server side function from a client side script... can you help me in this You can't call server-side code directly from client-side code. You can, however, trigger a postback that your server-side code watches for and triggers the server-side code appropriately. You can do some ...

Client side script calling Server side functions
Hi, I'm currently developing an ajax.net enabled aspx page that contains a usercontrol (which is based on the listbox but extends it to include icons to represent invalid data). http://www.djcharlie.co.uk/WeeeCareResolutionCentre.jpg I want the onClick event of the selected TR to call an asp.net server function which then populates the controls to the right hand side in the page. Obviously because the row is just rendered HTML overriden from the base class I can only assign a javascript function to the onClick event. So I need a way of calling a server side function that will populate th...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

How do I call server side function in client side script without using __doPostBack
Hello, My page has a server side panel that is hidden when the page loaded, checkboxes inside of the datagrid, and buttons.  If at least one checkbox is not clicked and the user click on the button, I show the panel.  When the user click on one of the checkbox, I want to hide the panel.  Onclick on the checkbox I already have a cleint function to change the row color.  I don't want to use __doPostBack.  Don't want to do postback. My question are: How do I either have checkbox onclick called both client and server side functions.  Or have the client side func...

Client-Side and Server Side Scripting
Hi, im currenty in the process of trying to get an asp.net page to work with both <script> and <script runat="server" tags... idea being, i have a <script> tag which holds all the client side scripting for my webpage, at the moment this is just some slider controls which i have created (the scripting behind this is actually from someone on a different forum, which i have modified to do what i want..) - but i also want a <script runat="server"> tag to hold all the code for the buttons pressed etc in my web-page. im trying my hardest not to use a ...

Acessing variables, declared in the server side script, from the client side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the server side script from the client side script. P.S.: I'm using JavaScript in the server side script and in the client side script. I don't like to use ASP. Thanks! One example that come to mind: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"> <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307"> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> ...

ASP.NET: Client-side scripts VS Server-Side scripts
Hello folks, I am new here and I have not looked around much yet so if my dilema was discussed somewhere already, give me the links where, please. I am a hard-core ASP scripter who is about to transform to ASP.NET just these days. There is one thing that bothers me about this new philosophy and I am not sure if there is a handle for it in this technology or we - programmers, have to look for our own way. This thing is the dilema Client-side vs Server-side scripts. Of course, I want to be making everything mainly fast and convenient for users. So utilizing classical ASP technology, I...

Acessing Variable, declared in the client side script, from the server side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the client side script from the server side script. Thanks! You cannot. The only way is to pass them as arguments to the server-side script. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners EAServer Training & Consulting Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371 "Jeong-Su, Hwang" <hjs@i4biz.co.kr> wrote in message news:s9YmFSfKAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the cl...

Calling server-side code from client-side
Hi,  I´m implementing some shortcut functionality in my web forms and wanna know where i can find something that explains, for example, how to call the handler event "onclick" of a button. I´m using this library to add shortcuts to my controls: http://www.openjs.com/scripts/events/keyboard_shortcuts/   And I want to "link" some key combination for the event handlers of the controls. Does anybody knows?  Thanks. You could attach an AJAX event to the Javascript shortcut event handler so, for example, the shortcut function will trigger a button cl...

Web resources about - Calling server side scripts from client side - sybase.powersite

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jewish leader condemns Camille Paglia for calling Taylor Swift a "Nazi Barbie"
... insulting Taylor Swift. A leading Australian Jewish organisation has denounced American cultural critic Camille Paglia for calling Taylor Swift ...