Acessing Variable, declared in the client side script, from the server side script

I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the client side
script from the server side script.

Thanks!

0
Jeong
9/29/2000 8:54:28 AM
sybase.powersite 2112 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You cannot.  The only way is to pass them as arguments to the server-side
script.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners

Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book

Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371

"Jeong-Su, Hwang" <hjs@i4biz.co.kr> wrote in message
> I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the client side
> script from the server side script.
>
> Thanks!

0
Larry

Acessing variables, declared in the server side script, from the client side script
I'd like to know how can I use variables declared in the server side script from the client side script. P.S.: I'm using JavaScript in the server side script and in the client side script. I don't like to use ASP. Thanks! One example that come to mind: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"> <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307"> <SCRIPT language=JavaScript> ...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

Server side Variable in client side script
Hello, I want to access the variable defined in the server side script from the client side. Can anyone help out with an example ??? TIA, Rakesh Babaria I think what you do is write is as a java script variable, so something like this: <!--SCRIPT var ls_serverVar ls_serverVar = "whatever"; document.writeln("<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>"); document.writeln("var xyz = " + ls_serverVar); document.writeln("</SCRIPT>"); --> Then in your client script, you'll be able to get XYZ. ...

ASP.NET: Client-side scripts VS Server-Side scripts
Hello folks, I am new here and I have not looked around much yet so if my dilema was discussed somewhere already, give me the links where, please. I am a hard-core ASP scripter who is about to transform to ASP.NET just these days. There is one thing that bothers me about this new philosophy and I am not sure if there is a handle for it in this technology or we - programmers, have to look for our own way. This thing is the dilema Client-side vs Server-side scripts. Of course, I want to be making everything mainly fast and convenient for users. So utilizing classical ASP technology, I...

Client-Side and Server Side Scripting
Hi, im currenty in the process of trying to get an asp.net page to work with both <script> and <script runat="server" tags... idea being, i have a <script> tag which holds all the client side scripting for my webpage, at the moment this is just some slider controls which i have created (the scripting behind this is actually from someone on a different forum, which i have modified to do what i want..) - but i also want a <script runat="server"> tag to hold all the code for the buttons pressed etc in my web-page. im trying my hardest not to use a ...

Passing Client side variables from Java script to sever side variables
HiI have some code that worked fine in Net 1.1 but now doe's not work in Net 2.0 what I want to do is pass a couple of variables generated in javascipt on the client side to the server to use in server variables, below is the code that used to work var imageheight,imagewidth;imageheight = (document.images[0].height) + 80;imagewidth = (document.images[0].width) + 50; <!-- WindowWidth and WindowHeight are hidden Input feilds document.Form1.WindowWidth.value = imagewidth;document.Form1.WindowHeight.value = imageheight;Up to the imagewidth and the imageheight variables it works in so ...

without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible?
without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? avdp211:without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? I don't think it is possible.You use the the HTML input file control and when you post the request, on the web server you need to read the data and save it to a file, so there has to be some interaction with the server to handle the post request.  Not possible vi...

Calling server side scripts from client side
Hello, Can Anyone help out from the following : It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side events. I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script written in the body of the HTML page as follows : <% var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar", "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" ); if (mycomp == null) { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !"); return; } %> I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else wher...

calling server side function from client side script
i have a web form that includes a function named "koko()" in its server side class i want to write a script code in in its HTML script that will be run at the client side, and this client side script will call the function "koko()" from the server side. in brief : i want to call a server side function from a client side script... can you help me in this You can't call server-side code directly from client-side code. You can, however, trigger a postback that your server-side code watches for and triggers the server-side code appropriately. You can do some ...

Web resources about - Acessing Variable, declared in the client side script, from the server side script - sybase.powersite

Telstra - Online Troubleshooting - Help
Telstra.com Personal Small Business Business & Enterprise News, Sport & Lifestyle Skip to content Skip to navigation TELSTRA.COM Search Telstra.com ...

Legal - aBlogtoWatch
IMPORTANT: READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AND ACCESS OUR RELATIONSHIP CONTENT By acessing this content you agree that ...

Ask The Community - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs
Questions and answers from you the community and BN staff

Projects / Ben Plum
Ben Plum Work Formstone Projects Twitter GitHub Email © 2013 Home / Projects Projects A collection of random code that I've been working on. ...

Taunton Customer Service - Fine Cooking
American Asian Baking Beef Braising Breads Cakes Chicken Chocolate Cookies & Bars Dessert Fish Indian Italian Latin American Lunch Main Course ...

Taunton Customer Service - Fine Woodworking
Videos Techniques Tool Guide Materials Projects Gallery Workshop Community Books & DVDs SERVICES Order Magazine Subscription Renew Magazine Subscription ...

Free Court Dockets - Advertise - Sponsor - Donate
We offer our business users the opportunity to save thousands of dollars each year, and for the public make public court records freely available, ...

Issues - gettext-cs-utils - Utilities for using gettext on a C# environment (powered by Manas) - Google ...
My favorites ▼ - Sign in gettext-cs-utils Utilities for using gettext on a C# environment (powered by Manas) Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues ...

Open Invention Network
Welcome About OIN Recent Coverage FAQ Members Patent License Agreement Patents owned by OIN Linux System License Agreement Community of Licensees ...

Rémy Martin - Fine Champagne Cognac - VSOP, XO, ...
Enter the House of Rémy Martin - the Heart of Cognac. VSOP, XO, 1738, Centaure and many more. Cognac, Cocktails, Recipes and the latest news. ...